Options

What REALLY annoys you?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
✭✭
By the above, I mean what annoys you to the point where you're nearly in tears of frustration, you can feel your fists clenching and you end up with irrational hatred? I mean those tiny things, like repetitive tapping, sniffing, etc.

All those kinds of things irritate the hell out of me, but the biggest one for me is definately my boss and his blasted pen.

He always has one in his mouth - not sticking out of his mouth like a normal person, but he holds it horizontally in his mouth. Try as I might to ignore it, I can always see it out of the corner of my eye (shared desks are the work of the devil!) And he always either chews on it, which is bad enough, but 99% of the time, he sucks on it really loudly, so all day long all I can hear is his saliva and sucking. I try so hard to block it out and I can't, it makes me wish he'd choke on it!

So, that's my irrational annoyance. You must all have one!

Comments

• Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    My little brother cracking his knuckles.
    I feel like punching him every time he does it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muffled voices .It's sounds stupid but i cant stand it when upstairs and i can here mumuring from downstairs ,nails on a chalkboard annoying!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    When my cats gorge themselves on biscuits and then chuck up on the carpet. Sometimes I just feel like chucking them in a dustbin!! :mad:
  • Options
    brickiebrickie Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People in front of me in a food queue who shove half the food down their mouths before they have even left the counter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brickie wrote: »
    People in front of me in a food queue who shove half the food down their mouths before they have even left the counter.

Oooh, that's a good one...and probably chewing with mouth open and eating loudly!
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brickie wrote: »

Yep, more often than not seen in Greggs.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Boiled sweets being thrown around someone's mouth like they're a washing machine :mad:

My OH was doing it last night and I had to lie on the sofa with one ear muffled by the cushion and my hand casually placed over the other!!!

I know I should just say something but it sounds so petty!!!
  • Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    1. Women putting their makeup on on the train or tube. I find it extremely rude; just get up earlier.
    2. People making phone calls in the quiet zone on a train. I actually want to smash their phones.

Apart from that I am pretty easy going LOL!
  • Options
    wayne71wayne71 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Nothing, I don't let little petty things annoy me.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Pretinama wrote: »
    1. Women putting their makeup on on the train or tube. I find it extremely rude; just get up earlier.
    2. People making phone calls in the quiet zone on a train. I actually want to smash their phones.

Apart from that I am pretty easy going LOL!

Both of the above, but number 1 does really annoy me, especially if you're sitting next to it getting covered in stray foundation. Do it in front of your workmates or are us fellow commuters somehow less important?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wayne71 wrote: »
    Nothing, I don't let little petty things annoy me.

I wish I was like you! Right now I have my fists clenched praying that he chokes. Auuughhh soooo disgusting.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People eating loudly.

Chewing with their mouths wide open.

Slurping drinks.

I walk out of the room if anyone starts.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    helenj1986 wrote: »
    muffled voices .It's sounds stupid but i cant stand it when upstairs and i can here mumuring from downstairs ,nails on a chalkboard annoying!

People who say "Chalkboard" when they really mean "BLACKBOARD" !
    Go on, say "Blackboard" - you know you want to !! :D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    People eating loudly.

Chewing with their mouths wide open.

Slurping drinks.

I walk out of the room if anyone starts.

We must be twins. :D
  • Options
    ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest one for me is lateness. If someone who is late has a genuinely good reason and they either let you know or there is a good reason for not letting you know that is fair enough but people who are late for no good reason and do not even attempt to apologise or let you know really annoy me.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something bad happens and someone dismisses it by saying 'get some perspective, there's thousand dying in...". It doesn't really help.
  • Options
    ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Something bad happens and someone dismisses it by saying 'get some perspective, there's thousand dying in...". It doesn't really help.

Agree 100%
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    people who when yawning feel the need 2 let a huge roar out at the same time. Doesnt do well with a sunday morning hangover!
  • Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that walk horrendously slowly in front of me make me want to die.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    People that walk horrendously slowly in front of me make me want to die.

oh yeah that one too def!
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    ginock wrote: »
    Agree 100%

Same here!! When we had the bad snow in January people were genuinely struggling to get into the office and all my boss kept saying was ‘oh well in Vancouver the snow is up to the roof of the car and people still get to work with special tyres’. Yes and in third world countries people carry water on their f**king heads for 10 miles but it doesnt mean I want to try it!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mt gf ability to walk into tight spaces when I just want to walk out to make room and to talk about unrelated stuff when I just try to fix something or cross a road with the car ... :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Naggers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Fat kids, there is just no need and fat people in motorised scooters, if they walked they might lose some weight!!
    And the worse one is, kids over the age of three in pushchairs, its just sheer laziness on the parents
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The monthly what really annoys you thread in DS:GD.