• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    It is utter crap, not a laugh in it.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was really looking forward to the one-off special of Benidorm but it seems to be lacking something??? Lots of characters missing ( one sadly because of his passing away if real life!)...no Johnny Vegas...no gay couple....and the storyline and laughs are weak...such a pity! Perhaps the new seies in 201`1 will be better.

Didnt know Mel had died:eek: in real life until i googled after seeing your post.
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piss poor fare tonight. Shocking. I think the show went downhill a series or two back. It jumped the shark when they started making it in 1 hour format. Not a laugh to be had. I thought it was supposed to be ending? But no they keep strangling the golden goose. It needs a rest ala the Royles.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww the ending was touching !
  • Options
    Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Not the best episode but a very good ending :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    Piss poor fare tonight. Shocking. I think the show went downhill a series or two back. It jumped the shark when they started making it in 1 hour format. Not a laugh to be had. I thought it was supposed to be ending? But no they keep strangling the golden goose. It needs a rest ala the Royles.

Why don't you give it "a rest" then and watch something else instead of whining about it.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was dreadful.
    Su Pollard & Roy Wood couldn't even save it.
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww the ending was touching !

It was, had a bit of a blub.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only_You wrote: »
    Not the best episode but a very good ending :)

Totally agree.

I enjoyed the episode but it was nowhere near its best, however the ending was stunning :)
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Didnt know Mel had died:eek: in real life until i googled after seeing your post.

I didn't know until the dedication at the end of the episode! It was already a very touching episode, but even more so, now I know that the actor had died. What a lovely tribute to him. :cry:
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lxndr wrote: »
    Why don't you give it "a rest" then and watch something else instead of whining about it.
    Excuse me I am as much entitled to my opinon as you are yours. I am a Benidorm fan but tonight it became Benibore.

Not everyone is going to like it. None of the recent eps are a patch on the first 2 series.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I liked it. Given the fact they probably had to do a sudden rewriting of the scripts because of Geoffrey Hutchings death before filming, I thought they did well.

The only character I missed was Geoff.

What was the point of Louis Spence?
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote: »
    It was, had a bit of a blub.

Glad i wasn't the only one.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last five minutes made up for what was a disappointing episode. A poignant tribute to one of Benidorm's best characters and actors.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was Vegas?

Nice to see Roy Wood
    but hes put on loads of weight!
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic puerile drivel.Worst thing on tv this christmas.
  • Options
    simoncrouchsimoncrouch Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    I liked it. Given the fact they probably had to do a sudden rewriting of the scripts because of Geoffrey Hutchings death before filming, I thought they did well.

The only character I missed was Geoff.

What was the point of Louis Spence?

What is ever the point of Louie Spence
  • Options
    xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    Excuse me I am as much entitled to my opinon as you are yours. I am a Benidorm fan but tonight it became Benibore.

Not everyone is going to like it. None of the recent eps are a patch on the first 2 series.

People get so angry that others don't have the same opinion :confused:

You have the right not to like something!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 10 minutes was by far the best bit, a totally believable way of writing Mel out.

The rest was poor, missed the Oracle and the gay couple. Can't stand Su Pollard, so hated her involvement
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    purplecatz wrote: »
    The last 10 minutes was by far the best bit, a totally believable way of writing Mel out.

The rest was poor, missed the Oracle and the gay couple. Can't stand Su Pollard, so hated her involvement

One of the gays is back for the series, the other was filming the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »

Four words
    Come Fly With Me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been looking foward to this since i have seen the trailers but I am sorry but I was so disappointed. Compared to royal family yesterday it was terrible. I didnt know the mel character had died which is really sad but there really was some comedy missing. I hope the new series goes back to the original hotel format.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lealeeds wrote: »

But you only watched half an hour :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    goldiloks wrote: »
    I have been looking foward to this since i have seen the trailers but I am sorry but I was so disappointed. Compared to royal family yesterday it was terrible. I didnt know the mel character had died which is really sad but there really was some comedy missing. I hope the new series goes back to the original hotel format.

I don't understand this, if something is funny, it's funny. If it's not it's not. Having them all in the hotel is not going to make it any funnier.