edl .. claim 78 got whiplash in crash

Comments

• ThinWhitePukeThinWhitePuke Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    If they have whiplash injuries then presumably they have been treated by a doctor/at the hospital, those that can't provide medical evidence dated prior to their claim should be charged with fraud
  • raidon04raidon04 Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delphium wrote: »
    I'm not defending their actions for one minute.

What annoys me is that people are prepared to simply accept a story if it suits their own principles particularly if it gives their argument a bit of leverage.

This story has nothing whatsoever to do with the EDL (as a whole) or their sentiments. It's merely a group of young men who get a stupid idea to put claims in. It could have been a group of guys going anywhere except these guys are EDL...and that makes it a story of course :rolleyes:

The same argument could be made to the instances of violence, racism, nazi salutes and intimidation which are all too common within EDL marches. Even EDL's unofficial leader and spokesman is guilty of such hypocrisy.
    I think the phrase "do as I say and not what I do" will suffice.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What annoys me is that people are prepared to simply accept a story if it suits their own principles particularly if it gives their argument a bit of leverage.

Your right, and the EDL are more than capable of spinning that to there advantage when it suits which is what I suspect is giving people reason to chortle now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    raidon04 wrote: »
    The same argument could be made to the instances of violence, racism, nazi salutes and intimidation which are all too common within EDL marches. Even EDL's unofficial leader and spokesman is guilty of such hypocrisy.
    I think the phrase "do as I say and not what I do" will suffice.

Not really because the things you mention relate to actual EDL demos rather than an event that is completely unrelated to the EDL's activities.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Delphinium wrote: »
    I'm not defending their actions for one minute.

This story has nothing whatsoever to do with the EDL (as a whole) or their sentiments. It's merely a group of young men who get a stupid idea to put claims in. It could have been a group of guys going anywhere except these guys are EDL...and that makes it a story of course :rolleyes:

...apart from the fact that all those involved in this scam are, wait for it, bonehead, numbskull EDL members and supporters! Doh!

All these EDL fraudsters will be doing is just adding to the increasingly large number of EDL convicts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    ...apart from the fact that all those involved in this scam are, wait for it, bonehead, numbskull EDL members and supporters! Doh!

All these EDL fraudsters will be doing is just adding to the increasingly large number of EDL convicts.

So if this was a coach load of say Leeds United fans, this would be representative of the club as a whole then would it?

You've got an uncanny ability to let your bias cloud your judgement.
  • DavidCHDavidCH Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »

So what's the difference? Most of the useless populace of the UK are driven by the compo culture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, raidon04, that's entirely understandable when you see an image of an EDL member's brain. If you look here http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2009/racist-brain-the-smallest/, it's the image on the bottom right. :D

I don't think I will dispute that.
    An interesting link correlating right wing politics and psychology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarianism
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if this was a coach load of say Leeds United fans, this would be representative of the club as a whole then would it?

To varying degrees are we not all representative of one thing or another? Family, school, workplace, sports team, political affiliation.

So this group of EDL supporters are adding to an already existing pattern of questionable behaviour that the EDL have shown. When I say in general I mean proportionally to the total number of supporters there tends to be a lot of incidents on protests, there is growing evidence to show there is a racist sub-element within.
  • ricky77ricky77 Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's a big difference between Leeds United fans and the EDL.

The EDL are the ones banging on about the English way of life etc....

We have spent MILLIONS of pounds on policing of their pointless protests. Money that could have been spent on schools, hospitals and the armed forces.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aren't these ironies the whole ethos of the EDL?
  • jammers1978jammers1978 Posts: 2,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muslim brake mechanic?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    What a pointless thread .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pointless thread .

Depends on your perspective ;)
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Depends on your perspective ;)

Well the poster who started the thread has abandoned it :rolleyes:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the poster who started the thread has abandoned it :rolleyes:.

Sensitive subject BillyNidNod?
    Forum Member
    raidon04 wrote: »
    Sensitive subject BillyNidNod?

Course not .I Support UKIP / and was wondering it has nearly 2000 views on such a non story thats all .Plus the poster who started it has never posted in it again :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Anyone else notice how "Delphium", when quoting "TelevisionUser", changed his/her name to "IslamicFanBoy"?

Says it all really :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you may have read in recent Media reports, recently on the way to a demonstration in Preston there was a small coach crash involving a coach that was carrying some English Defence League members.

It has recently emerged that some people have tried to capitalise on this by placing false claims for whiplash even though they where not on the coach. It is not understood if these people placing the false claims are even members of the English Defence League or just people that may have heard the story down the pub and placed a claim.

What is certain however is that the usual leftie scum that have no other purpose in life apart from dreaming up lies about the EDL think that this is some sort of massive plan created by the EDL and its leadership to gain money. As usual this is all fabricated bullshit to give them their daily orgasm fix thinking they have got one over on the EDL.

We would like to make it clear that the English Defence League does not condone the making of false claims of any sort, and the sheer fact that people have done this could be detrimental to the North East region of our movement going forward.

It is hard to tell if the claimants are EDL members or not as the EDL do not have an official membership list. However if they where to be members there is no way that the EDL organisers can keep track on people to ensure they do not do things like this.

What the EDL has been doing however is working closely with the coach company to provide them with as much information as possible. The North East transport organiser provided the coach company over a week ago with a list of 27 names and addresses of the actual people that where on the coach at the time of the crash. This will enable the coach company to refuse any other claims. We have also asked the company for details of the false claimants to we can ensure that they are not longer part of the EDL. This is something that we may or may not be allowed for legal reasons.

So just to summarise again

The EDL did not make false claims – members of the public did
    The EDL is not trying to hide anything
    The EDL is doing everything in its power to help the coach company
    The EDL does not condone this behaviour

As usual we find ourselves having to make these statements due to lowlife racist Nazi scum that have nothing better to do with their days than to try and set up the only group that is trying to save our great nation from islamisation

No Surrender
    And hope you all had a good Christmas
    English Defence League
    Forum Member
    Arthur11 wrote: »
    As you may have read in recent Media reports, recently on the way to a demonstration in Preston there was a small coach crash involving a coach that was carrying some English Defence League members.

It has recently emerged that some people have tried to capitalise on this by placing false claims for whiplash even though they where not on the coach. It is not understood if these people placing the false claims are even members of the English Defence League or just people that may have heard the story down the pub and placed a claim.

What is certain however is that the usual leftie scum that have no other purpose in life apart from dreaming up lies about the EDL think that this is some sort of massive plan created by the EDL and its leadership to gain money. As usual this is all fabricated bullshit to give them their daily orgasm fix thinking they have got one over on the EDL.

We would like to make it clear that the English Defence League does not condone the making of false claims of any sort, and the sheer fact that people have done this could be detrimental to the North East region of our movement going forward.

It is hard to tell if the claimants are EDL members or not as the EDL do not have an official membership list. However if they where to be members there is no way that the EDL organisers can keep track on people to ensure they do not do things like this.

What the EDL has been doing however is working closely with the coach company to provide them with as much information as possible. The North East transport organiser provided the coach company over a week ago with a list of 27 names and addresses of the actual people that where on the coach at the time of the crash. This will enable the coach company to refuse any other claims. We have also asked the company for details of the false claimants to we can ensure that they are not longer part of the EDL. This is something that we may or may not be allowed for legal reasons.

As usual we find ourselves having to make these statements due to lowlife racist Nazi scum that have nothing better to do with their days than to try and set up the only group that is trying to save our great nation from islamisation

No Surrender
    English Defence League

Merry Christmas and I think you are doing a good job especially highlighting the halal meat issue
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers Billy and merry christmas and a good new year to you mate.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ricky77 wrote: »
    There's a big difference between Leeds United fans and the EDL.

The EDL are the ones banging on about the English way of life etc....

We have spent MILLIONS of pounds on policing of their pointless protests. Money that could have been spent on schools, hospitals and the armed forces.

Well I suppose we could just let EDL and the Islamic Hard Liners fight it out.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose we could just let EDL and the Islamic Hard Liners fight it out.
    As long as it's in a muddy field in the middle of nowhere, I don't think that's a bad idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and I think you are doing a good job especially highlighting the halal meat issue

How come you're always sucking up to Arthur? I don't mind its just an observation.

What does halal meat have to do with this story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur11 wrote: »

No Surrender
    English Defence League

If there is no membership list then you can't prove it was members of the public. The common sense most likely reason has to be that it was claims by EDL members. Or a massive logistical error. I find it hard to understand how members of the public found out about the accident, found out the insurance company and get all the info prepared to send in separate appeals.

The simpler answer seems more likelier.

Your post felt more like a formal public release what with the spiel about re EDL and its enemies.