Kate Middleton backlash

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2168692/Kate-Middleton-Duchess-Cambridge-wears-vintage-tennis-style-Wimbledon.html#comments

Been reading this - some harsh comments about Kate being lazy and a scrounger and never worked in her life etc. :eek:

Comments

• HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Mountbatten-Windsor or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    Kate Mountbatten-Windsor or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.

Waity Katy or Lazy Katy they are calling her.

I like Kate I will defend her.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Build them up and knock them down :( Poor lady.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Kate.

It's her sister I can't stand, although to be fair the media obsession with her seems to have died down lately.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2168692/Kate-Middleton-Duchess-Cambridge-wears-vintage-tennis-style-Wimbledon.html#comments

Been reading this - some harsh comments about Kate being lazy and a scrounger and never worked in her life etc. :eek:

It does make a fair point though. I've never been a fan of hers and never can see what the Kate fans see in her.
    I never liked the Queen mother and could not see what all the other people liked about her either.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    I really like Kate.

It's her sister I can't stand, although to be fair the media obsession with her seems to have died down lately.

Me too I like Kate, Pippa on the other hand what a waste of space, hanging on to her sisters coattails.
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too I like Kate, Pippa on the other hand what a waste of space, hanging on to her sisters coattails.

I will never, ever understand the facination with Pippa. She's not particularly attractive, looks like a woman in her forties and as for her peachy bum :confused:the reality is its as flat as a pancake. The most overated woman ever!!
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably written by someone who failed to score with her before William. Daily Fail writers are like that.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

leave her alone , she is doing a great job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail and their readers never have anything nice to say about anyone. That is a fact.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not really saying anything new though, there's always been the opinion floating around that she's done very little besides from being Will's OH and kind of living of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this Kate Middleton? :rolleyes:
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail and their readers never have anything nice to say about anyone. That is a fact.

That's the truth.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some will automatically dislike her because she's Royalty. Kate comes across on TV as a lovely lass. Some are just venomously nasty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJS wrote: »

She was given the title The Duchess of Cambridge. She got married to Prince William in April 2011.
  • sillybillybuntosillybillybunto Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    She's part of the royal family now. Some people will hate her no matter what she does and some people will love her no matter what she does.

Personally, I couldn't care less!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    I really like Kate.

I agree with this Kate Middleton has got the hardest job in the world imo! Her every move, what she wears, what she says, how she conducts herself are all watched like a hawk ready to be pounced on and to be fair to her she is holding it together and showing she is a fantastic women! Pippa on the other hand is just a leach who's 15 mins of fame should have been up a long time ago!
  • steven walkingsteven walking Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    MJS wrote: »

Freeloader who parades around in expensive garb,:D

Willies beard.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is the future Queen.
  • steven walkingsteven walking Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    leave her alone , she is doing a great job.

What job is that ?because wearing nice clothes bought by the taxpayer is not what i'd term as work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeloader who parades around in expensive garb,:D

Willies beard.;)

It's well known that Kate wears clothes under £100 when at Royal appointments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pippa so obviously plays up to the press attention, and I don't know why but it really annoys me.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my take on it, for what it's worth.

She's a very pretty girl who was lucky enough to marry the man she fell in love with. If he had not been a member of the royal family, I still think she would have married him, I don't believe that featured in her equation.

Every time you see her photographed she is smiling and laughing, never miserable and I think she is trying her level best to carry out the "job" she married into.

She can work her ass off and do charity work till it comes out of her ears, but there will still be some sour people who have to have a "dig" every time she is featured in a paper. Unfortunately that's the price she paid for marrying who she did.

However, I think she thinks it's all worth it because she is doing it for the guy in her life, who I believe she adores.

I'm not a big supporter of the monarchy but I honestly don't see what this lass has done to deserve the vilification that she gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member

Princess Diana experienced all the hatred too, I don't think she (imo) really became the people's princess until her death....and as someone else has mentioned, the British mentality is build them up to knock them down (pop stars, sports stars etc), why can't we just be happy for someone and live and let live....:rolleyes:
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, they like to build people up and then knock them down. Some of the comments after some articles are disgraceful. However, I think people will tire of her if she doesn't get out and do some worthwhile charity work, instead of just modelling clothes