Options

Who, do you think, should get Chris' place on the tour?

Comments

• Options
    jamesarthurjamesarthur Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Well he wasn't farting out votes from his own arse now was he.

Someone somewhere was picking up the phone, dialling his number, spending their money in support of him winning. So yes, he was popular. May not be with the 12 year olds on Twitter or the chav mob in the studio, but he was popular.

No he wasn't?

Show me a poll he won outside of votes? Show me a support base bigger than anywhere else? He was not popular at all.

He had a 28k fb group that was probably 20k fans who voted multiple times(liverpool based), few people who felt sorry for him or bought his victim show every week, and a few anti x factor people who thought he might actually win jumping on the bandwagon.

Popular? Get real Union J had 600k twitter followers when Chris had less than 100k.

He had voters..you think teens who get £5 pocket money every week can afford to vote much if at all?

Liverpool just have a lot of citizens particular age who vote a lot for their guy...they are a very small minority in the scale of things though.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Chris should get Chris's place.

I've not exactly been a fan, I dislike his singing, which has often been pitchy bellowing, and it's easy to see that he must be annoying to be around. But unless he's done something absolutely unforgivable, or has proven to be so unreliable all series that the X Factor does not believe he will be reliable on a tour, then he has earned his place on the tour. Getting drunk after losing, if an isolated incident, and calling another contestant a rude name doesn't qualify IMO.

I don't have much sympathy for contestants who claim it's too hot in the Sun; they're all wannabes chasing instant fame and money, and they can choose to leave. But if they stay in the game, and especially after taking so much flak, then they deserve to have their bite at the X Factor cake. I'd hope that every last one of them came away with something. Banning someone from the chance to earn up to £100,000 on the tour feels like the gamesmaster is being very unfair.

I'd like to believe that this is because he's done something really bad, or made himself impossible to work with and had many warnings, but there's a distinct chance this is because the cool kids don't want to play with him on the tour, and if that's the case then they shouldn't be allowed to get their way.
  • Options
    VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    ribtickle wrote: »
    Chris should get Chris's place.

I've not exactly been a fan, I dislike his singing, which has often been pitchy bellowing, and it's easy to see that he must be annoying to be around. But unless he's done something absolutely unforgivable, or has proven to be so unreliable all series that the X Factor does not believe he will be reliable on a tour, then he has earned his place on the tour. Getting drunk after losing, if an isolated incident, and calling another contestant a rude name doesn't qualify IMO.

I don't have much sympathy for contestants who claim it's too hot in the Sun; they're all wannabes chasing instant fame and money, and they can choose to leave. But if they stay in the game, and especially after taking so much flak, then they deserve to have their bite at the X Factor cake. Banning someone from the chance to earn up to £100,000 on the tour feels like the gamesmaster is being very unfair.

I'd like to believe that this is because he's done something really bad, or made himself impossible to work with and had many warnings, but there's a distinct chance this is because the cool kids don't want to play with him on the tour, and if that's the case then they shouldn't be allowed to get their way.

I think it looks like he got the boot already
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I would like Kye to get a place on the tour, both because he deserves it in terms of what point he was voted out, and because he was one of my overall favourites from this series.
  • Options
    Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone except him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    :confused:

He flounced off back to Liverpool, after throwing a diva strop and walking out on his contractual obligation to appear on the final show

What are the producers supposed to do when faced with that kind of disruptive and unprofessional behaviour ?

Beg him perhaps ? ... "please please Christopher, accept this wonderful career opportunity we have given you ... please ... pretty please ... with sugar on top"

I see someone is gullible to believe the manipulation by X-factor machine without hearing 2 sides of the story!

I say this not because I particularly liked Chris &, by biting back (if this is what he has done), he has played into their hands now, although I would be driven to a near nervous breakdown after what he has been through from press, public, judges and X factor team alike over the series .

To answer the question though - Chris (should he still want to do it ) or Kye as the 1st contestant who missed out!
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Visiting wrote: »
    I think it looks like he got the boot already

And unless they have a very good reason, he should be reinstated after a cooling-off period. Otherwise the perceived injustice may rebound on the show a lot more than it may potentially do so via Christopher's solicitors for unfair dismissal and loss of earnings.
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandylou1 wrote: »
    I see someone is gullible to believe the manipulation by X-factor machine without hearing 2 sides of the story!

I say this not because I particularly liked Chris &, by biting back (if this is what he has done), he has played into their hands now, although I would be driven to a near nervous breakdown after what he has been through from press, public, judges and X factor team alike over the series .

To answer the question though - Chris (should he still want to do it ) or Kye as the 1st contestant who missed out!

Well I disagree ... you can't tell your boss to stick his job up his arse and still expect to be invited to the works christmas do
  • Options
    MistyBlueEyesMistyBlueEyes Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MK1 or Jade
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Well he wasn't farting out votes from his own arse now was he.

Someone somewhere was picking up the phone, dialling his number, spending their money in support of him winning. So yes, he was popular. May not be with the 12 year olds on Twitter or the chav mob in the studio, but he was popular.

Just a thought............... He worked in a call centre

Funny how he topped the vote when the vote was over the weekend with plenty of time to get a "friend" or two to auto dial the number, maybe even overnight, but in the finals when the vote was within the show he failed to pull in the votes,

I'm sure someone who works in a call centre will tell me it's not possible, but I do wonder.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Kye. You could make a case for Lucy, but she's touring herself anyway. If I was going to the tour I'd rather any of the people that were sent home before Kye since I think all 4 of them are better, but since I'm not might as well give the fairest answer.
  • Options
    flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To make it fair, all the finalists should be able to take it in turn.:D: That way no noses will be pushed out.
  • Options
    Romola_Des_LoupRomola_Des_Loup Posts: 3,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be fair if it was Kye. Would prefer Lucy or Melanie personally, but Kye was the last one who missed out on a place in the tour.
  • Options
    Romola_Des_LoupRomola_Des_Loup Posts: 3,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    And unless they have a very good reason, he should be reinstated after a cooling-off period. Otherwise the perceived injustice may rebound on the show a lot more than it may potentially do so via Christopher's solicitors for unfair dismissal and loss of earnings.
    I don't know many people who perceive it as an injustice. If you get pissed, abuse colleagues, tell your bosses to stick their job up their arse and walk out, the best lawyer in the world won't get you re-employed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I disagree ... you can't tell your boss to stick his job up his arse and still expect to be invited to the works christmas do

Well I see you are being manipulated again by tabloid gossip & X-factor team & swallowing what they have fed you! As I said before I not defending Chris but not vilifying him either!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco Mary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nottzdee wrote: »

I'm sure someone who works in a call centre will tell me it's not possible, but I do wonder.

I don't work in a call centre but I can tell you it's not possible. The origin of calls are monitored very closely and constantly in order to identify and stop such activity. The risk is not so much call centres in particular as hacked networks or computer groups. Hijacked computers could easily be programmed to hammer automated vote counters.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should cancel the tour.

Do a one-off show instead.

At Butlins Minehead.

It'll be good experience for their future careers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know many people who perceive it as an injustice. If you get pissed, abuse colleagues, tell your bosses to stick their job up their arse and walk out, the best lawyer in the world won't get you re-employed.

Depending on the circumstances, it is quite possible the second best lawyer in a one horse town could get you re-employed. And besides, we're not sure what happened. The picture you paint there is worse-case scenario. The truth could be half of that or none of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    BRING BACK GAMU :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can hear it now

"Your Honour, I was bullied. The Judges kept saying I was cheesy and old fashioned and better suited to Butlins. They just wouldn't accept that I was just doing my best, for menan and the public.
    I promised Gary, when I begged him to put me through to the live shoes, that I wouldn't let him down ... over and over I promised I wouldn't let him down ... and when I was warned not to go out on the lash the night before the semi finals,but did anyway, I was just doing my best for menan and the public.
    It wasn't my fault that I turned up late for the final show rehearsals, I was just ill and have a doctor's note to prove it, and just because I called that loser a c*** I got bullied for it !
    I was devastated your Honour ... I was just doing my best for menan and the public, and I had to refuse to sing that measly one line and walk out ... on account of me nerves
    Now tell those t***s to give me my job back"
  • Options
    elfstar89elfstar89 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing. For those saying the X-Factor are being bullies to Chris and that the rumors aren't true. Clearly the showrunners would have had an agenda w/ Chris, but what agenda would the contestants have by finally calling Chris out in a way more open way. All this is showing is that there is a lot of basis to the rumors bc the contestants really would have nothing to gain by dishonestly sabotaging Chris' life. The show is over now so their is no need for the acts to be PC regarding Chris. I think for the most part they showed a lot of restraint regarding Chris if all of this is true. There were a few slip ups here and there on their dislike but no one seeked out an interview to just dish on Chris when they all very well could have and probably wanted to. So far I've seen signs that Carolynne, Kye, James, Lucy and a few members of Union J have publicly shown their dislike. There might be some examples that I've missed. Chris should thank his lucky stars that he didn't get called out by them more often during the competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can hear it now

"Your Honour, I was bullied. The Judges kept saying I was cheesy and old fashioned and better suited to Butlins. They just wouldn't accept that I was just doing my best, for menan and the public.
    I promised Gary, when I begged him to put me through to the live shoes, that I wouldn't let him down ... over and over I promised I wouldn't let him down ... and when I was warned not to go out on the lash the night before the semi finals,but did anyway, I was just doing my best for menan and the public.
    It wasn't my fault that I turned up late for the final show rehearsals, I was just ill and have a doctor's note to prove it, and just because I called that loser a c*** I got bullied for it !
    I was devastated your Honour ... I was just doing my best for menan and the public, and I had to refuse to sing that measly one line and walk out ... on account of me nerves

Ermmm your missing the point, Chris had his name dragged through the mud for weeks in the media, he was subjected to abuse over media sites etc. This very same thing happened to Louis Walsh and it had a mental effect on him , Louis won his case and got 500,000 in damages, there has to be a line drawn somewhere
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love how the contestants have moved on so quickly. Such a popular lad, wasn't he?!

Mark Jeffries (The Mirror):

Two contestants told me Chris Maloney shouted abuse and "the mask slipped". Sounds like he was completely out of order.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I can hear it now

Brilliant!