Which channels would YOU like to see join Freesat?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
And by this I mean FTA/FTV channels only. Including any on Freeview.

For me, I'd go for general entertainment channels like Sony TV and UKTV Drama. Though I doubt we will be getting the last one anytime soon. :mad:

Comments

• WCLWCL Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Sony TV, Sony Movie Channel, Quest, and all UKTV channels.
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    WCL wrote: »
    Sony TV, Sony Movie Channel, Quest, and all UKTV channels.

Pretty much covered all the bases there! The two Sony channels would be a great alternative, but uktv really would be nice. Quest or something similar is crying to be added as freesat really needs a documentary channel, all the others are catered for but quest would launch to a captive audience, IMO
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    Arty1 wrote: »
    And by this I mean FTA/FTV channels only.
    What other kind are there on Freesat? :confused:
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    I know its been done to death but Channel 5 HD really should be on all the major platforms IMO.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 5 HD
    Sony TV (and +1)
    Sony Movies (and +1)
    Quest
    Dave (and HD)
    Really
    Yesterday
    Drama

The other UKTV channels can stay pay for all I care, but if they are making them FTA on DTT then they should make them FTA on satellite too, there are plenty of spot beams now to stop overspill so rights issues shouldn't really be a problem.
  • peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like 1 documentery channel and in my dreams 1 sports channel, Saying that I am very happy with Freesat at the moment
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I would love to see The Discovery Channel, but that's never going happen so I'd settle for Quest instead.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony TV, Sony Movie Channel, and Deluxe Music (FTA on Astra 1).

TV5 Monde and arte with English subtitles would be nice too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    For me it would be

CHANNEL 5 HD
    Quest
    Drama
    Crime & Investigation network (yes I know this will never happen)

but as someone pointed out documentary channels are the missing freesat limb.

I know CBS reality shows some documentary but these seem to be very limited and on a constant loop.

some form of Paranormal channel wouldn't go amiss either many not just me have an interest in paranormal documentaries.
  • AndrewLGAndrewLG Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    The other Ch4 HD channels particularly Film 4 HD.
  • es6300es6300 Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    G1 versions of ITV player, 4od, Demand 5 !

Wish lists will never get channels added to the EPG.
    Freesat is quite happy to sit there waiting for the channels to come knocking at the door, rather than contact the channels, and offer attractive deals to get ghem on board.

Whats stopping freesat from adding the regional variations of ITV ?

This will cheekyily tske the number of channels beyound 200 which freesat targeted a few years back.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    What other kind are there on Freesat? :confused:

As Freesat doesn't have any FTV channels, I presume the OP means what channels would everyone like to see on the Freesat EPG that are currently FTA or FTV elsewhere, but not on the EPG.
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    In order of preference:

Channel 5 HD
    Dave
    Yesterday
    Quest
    Sony TV (& +1)
    Chart Show Dance
    Travel Channel +1
    Pick TV +1
    Challenge +1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    channel five HD
    Flim 4 HD
    and go mpeg4 sd for channel five sister channels
    thats my wish list
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    kev wrote: »
    Sony TV, Sony Movie Channel, and Deluxe Music (FTA on Astra 1).

TV5 Monde and arte with English subtitles would be nice too.

Yep, I'd like to see both Sony Entertainment Television and Sony Movie Channel join Freesat at some future stage and at least they are realistic possibilities.

I like your suggestion of the European arte channel, kev, and it's a pity that it's not available free to air on the 28.2*E satellite cluster with English subtitles.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah this old chestnut rears it's head again.

I never really see the point in these wishlist threads.
  • johnboy726johnboy726 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only channel I'd like ATM is 4OD on my freesat+ that I don't have to fork out more money just to get a freetime box :eek::mad:
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    M60 wrote: »
    In order of preference:

Channel 5 HD
    Dave
    Yesterday
    Quest
    Sony TV (& +1)
    Chart Show Dance
    Travel Channel +1
    Pick TV +1
    Challenge +1

Looks like one of the channels on my wishlist is joining (credit to skylover4life for posting this in a separate thread):
    https://twitter.com/CSDanceTV/status/350913574299901952

I wonder if True Drama may make an appearance at the same time?
  • kevkev Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    Looks like one of the channels on my wishlist is joining (credit to skylover4life for posting this in a separate thread):
    https://twitter.com/CSDanceTV/status/350913574299901952

I wonder if True Drama may make an appearance at the same time?

July 15 according to another Tweet https://twitter.com/CSDanceTV/status/350913345383182337
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Ah this old chestnut rears it's head again.

I never really see the point in these wishlist threads.
    Yet you not only feel the need to open the thread, but you are also compelled to reply to it.

Strange that...
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm as free to express my opinion about it as those who to post their 'no chance in hell' wishlists. :D

Doesn't take away the fact that this type of thread has been done tons of times already and serves little purpose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    It might serve little purpose but people do like them, and it is always interesting to see what channels people come up with.

Some channels will never join the platform but others will. But we can always hope.

People come here to talk about and share information about Freesat. And because of that lists like these will always pop up. If you don't like them just don't read them. I ignore lots of stuff on this forum. Mostly the 'Football/Sports coverage that can be viewed on freesat, updated weekly!' thread as it doesn't interest me.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    es6300 wrote: »
    G1 versions of ITV player, 4od, Demand 5 !

Wish lists will never get channels added to the EPG.
    Freesat is quite happy to sit there waiting for the channels to come knocking at the door, rather than contact the channels, and offer attractive deals to get ghem on board.

Whats stopping freesat from adding the regional variations of ITV ?

This will cheekyily tske the number of channels beyound 200 which freesat targeted a few years back.
    Freesat cannot just put channels on their EPG - it is down to the broadcasters on whether they appear and if so to what postcodes - in the case of ITV it is almost certain regions (other than London because it is the only one with Audio Description) outside your postcode will never appear because of the way ITV sell advertising by region and to a lesser extent on their buying rights to some programming on a regional basis - some football and other sports.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freesat cannot just put channels on their EPG - it is down to the broadcasters on whether they appear and if so to what postcodes - in the case of ITV it is almost certain regions (other than London because it is the only one with Audio Description) outside your postcode will never appear because of the way ITV sell advertising by region and to a lesser extent on their buying rights to some programming on a regional basis - some football and other sports.

And they have to pay for the service :D, no payment no epg slot. It's the epg fees that pay for the service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 HD
    Dave
    Drama
    Really
    Yesterday
    Quest
    Sony TV
    Sony Movies
    Travel Channel +1
    Challenge +1
    Pick TV +1

Would all be on my list!

Also the addition of Pay TV sports options such as Sky Sports 1/2 would be good.