sexual harassment for WOLF-WHISTLING

Comments

• ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    From what I can gather the argument is something like a slippery slope argument that any man talking to a woman will be accused of sexual harassment.

Anyone who can't tell the difference between talking & harassment, should probably stay away from people, tbh.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was harassment then why wouldn't the police be involved? .

They were. And took the appropriate action. They went to the company and asked them to prevent the harassment by their employees.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put a stop to it how? By force? What?

As the behaviour has stopped, then the reporting has achieved it's objective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the views expressed in this thread are quite disturbing really.... Its quite a simple situation really.

This person was feeling harassed and worried by the behaviour of some other people she had to walk past every day.

Now it doesn't really matter if you, I, your mate next door or the girl up the street think she's being a bit drippy about it. That was how she was made to feel. I don't really understand why anyone feels this is acceptable in a modern society.

You may feel she overreacted but what other choice did she have?

If she were my daughter / sister / mother I'd be pretty upset that she was feeling that way.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    No need to involve the police.

https://youtu.be/S24gJmjqIqY

Sorted😃
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Yes, an incident would be recorded, and the action taken shown, but that is different to recording an actual crime.

In this case it would be along the lines that the company was spoken to, and they would be advised to stop the behaviour.

If a further complaint was received, the log would be available from the initial complaint.

yes, that`s how i had it in my head and i can`t see how it could be in any way different either, it`s logical.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    BIB - I've always found that to be quite fun really :)

And if I've felt in the mood, I've sometimes waved back at them :cool:

Me too, let's you know spring has arrived and everyone's cheery
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    No need to involve the police.

https://youtu.be/S24gJmjqIqY

Sorted😃

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and that`s real life behaviour right there, it starts when you get tits, however young that is, someone explain to me in what way that`s acceptable.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think your social circle is probably a bit narrow if that`s what you see.
    My social circle is fine tyvm. I've no time for fruit loops.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the behaviour has stopped, then the reporting has achieved it's objective.

So you're stamping out free speech then because someone complained? Do you do that at radical Muslim demonstrations or NF walks etc?
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Here's the actual Clip she recorded

https://youtu.be/JkDHl8cf2ao

Too thin.

I can see why some people say she may have exaggerated it for effect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you're stamping out free speech then because someone complained? Do you do that at radical Muslim demonstrations or NF walks etc?

Free speech my arse. It is behaviour in a public place directed towards someone on a regular basis who doesn't want it. When was that ever acceptable?

It was a simple problem to resolve, and it was resolved.

Behaviour at marches such as you describe are very different matters, but are dealt with on merit.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Some of the views expressed in this thread are quite disturbing really.... Its quite a simple situation really.

This person was feeling harassed and worried by the behaviour of some other people she had to walk past every day.

Now it doesn't really matter if you, I, your mate next door or the girl up the street think she's being a bit drippy about it. That was how she was made to feel. I don't really understand why anyone feels this is acceptable in a modern society.

If she were my daughter / sister / mother I'd be pretty upset that she was feeling that way.

She could have spoken to the company and complained before she went to the police not the same day and why leave it a month if she was so upset
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    In the future, people will be silent and afraid to do anything through fear of arrest, every move will be watched and monitored, like 1984.

Nah, Brave New World is more apt, people are willing to ignore reality in favour of whatever props up their world view.
  • NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the actual Clip she recorded

https://youtu.be/JkDHl8cf2ao

Too thin.

I can see why some people say she may have exaggerated it for effect.
    No-one got in her face there. And the whistle was heard in the distance.

We note that video currently has a 100% negative rating on YouTube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    She could have spoken to the company and complained before she went to the police not the same day and why leave it a month if she was so upset

Cumulative effect? A one off would not be harassment.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her for complaining, why should she have to be blocked in the street by a bloke who wants a reaction?
    I wonder how many women hate to be told to smile by random blokes in the street or when passing building sites etc?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    Anyone who can't tell the difference between talking & harassment, should probably stay away from people, tbh.

Indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

That's the bottom line. Why people cant see that it affected her is very strange.

It was simple to remedy, and it was dealt with quickly. What's the problem here?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one got in her face there. And the whistle was heard in the distance.

We note that video currently has a 100% negative rating on YouTube.

It's hard to tell if the whistle was even aimed at her
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    BIB - I've always found that to be quite fun really :)

And if I've felt in the mood, I've sometimes waved back at them :cool:

A wolf whistle should be treated as a bit of fun and also as a compliment too, it brightens up the day.:)
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    She won't even have the choice of 'a type' after this farcical debacle. No youth in his right mind will go near her let alone speak to her.

She didn't think of the collateral damage and hasn't realised that..........yet.

But all the lesbians will be rushing to congratulate and kiss her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

yes she could have but she didn't. *shrug* its not really the point I was making.

The point is that she felt upset enough that she had to do something and surely *that* is what people should be talking about?
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    But all the lesbians will be rushing to congratulate and kiss her.
    Maybe she is on the turn.