Options

Thankyou

13»

Comments

• Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    Oh right, she was wrong for starting a thank you thread too.

You couldn't make this up.

How any of you think trotting out the same criticisms day after day is constructive I don't know. Talk about kick someone when they are down.

MM has got the message, why the need to repeat it over and over if not to beat her with it.

This is a public forum where we all have a right to reply, particularly to hostile posts like this. I was happy to leave the subject - I have left the other thread - but a poster asked what we are doing for cats in need, in what I perceived to be a somewhat adversarial manner, and then I was asked for practical suggestions, including by Maisie herself. I can see that I am not posting what she or others want to read, nobody has a magical solution to her problem (unless she wins the lottery) - so I will leave it there. I really believe that neither myself nor the other concerned posters have been rude or hostile at any time unlike a couple of her 'advocates'. Posting on a discussion forum means that there will inevitably be a range of opinions - otherwise, why join a forum like this in the first place?

As for the personal speculative comments, Maisie herself has posted previously about her back story, on this forum, so those facts are already in the public domain. I have so much sympathy for what she has been through in her life. Her posts are very helpful and she is obviously just a really nice person, anyone can see that. However, her post the other day regarding her financial plight was pitiful and made by somebody at the end of her tether and perhaps she is the one who now needs some looking after.

If you guys really believe Maisie is doing a great job and, as you can see following on from her initial thank you, many of you supported her original plan to carry on with the sanctuary after the recent donations, with maybe more than 35 cats inside one small house, then I think I must be too sensible and normal for this forum!
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »
    And what have you offered?

What is this a p*ssing contest? :confused:

Are only people who have sent money or food allowed a opinion?

I have offered advice for the long term and for the cats sakes

I have read a few of Masies posts over time and one thing that did strike me was her cats dont like people .. That is typical of all the cat hoarders I have ever seen. That is because they do not get enough one to one attention and the hoarder never has many RL friends or visitors.

Its a shame as most cats ( I know not all) love to be petted and love to snuggle up in bed and on sofas with people, love to play with people as well as other cats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My post is hostile? Hahaha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member

I didn't see a hostile post from you jackie :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hostile in the sense of ''showing angry opposition'' (dictionary definition) to posters whose opinions you don't like. You come across as angry. You and Orangebird have to accept that others are free to express their views in a public forum, nobody can tell anybody to stop posting here even if we're ''just repeating ourselves'' - which we are, admittedly, but in response to others' recurrent criticism of our viewpoint. I have every right to reply.

I will definitely leave it now - before the thread gets closed, as it probably will eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    Hostile in the sense of ''showing angry opposition'' (dictionary definition) to posters whose opinions you don't like. You come across as angry. You and Orangebird have to accept that others are free to express their views in a public forum, nobody can tell anybody to stop posting here even if we're ''just repeating ourselves'' - which we are, admittedly, but in response to others' recurrent criticism of our viewpoint. I have every right to reply.

I will definitely leave it now - before the thread gets closed, as it probably will eventually.

This is just hilarious. :D

Have a re read of the content and tone of your own posts in this thread if you are looking for what comes across as angry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is just hilarious. :D

Have a re read of the content and tone of your own posts in this thread if you are looking for what comes across as angry.

I have read them, they're not angry posts by any stretch but I think you are somewhat biased with your perception because you don't agree with my viewpoint. And because you're quite an angry person yourself at times. I am perfectly happy with the content of the posts, thank you, but I would say that they probably come across as condescending, as the other poster mentioned, rather than angry.:confused: I am sorry about the patronising tone, probably due to the nature of my job - we nurses can be like that sometimes but also, at the same time, sensible, realistic and pragmatic. And Caring (though you may not agree I know some others will :)). Qualities I possess in spades.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    I have read them, they're not angry posts by any stretch but I think you are somewhat biased with your perception because you don't agree with my viewpoint. And because you're quite an angry person yourself at times. I am perfectly happy with the content of the posts, thank you, but I would say that they probably come across as condescending, as the other poster mentioned, rather than angry.:confused: I am sorry about the patronising tone, probably due to the nature of my job - we nurses can be like that sometimes but also, at the same time, sensible, realistic and pragmatic. Caring. Qualities I possess in spades.

You should do internet psychologist as a sideline. Some skills you have there. :D
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok enough is enough could we just not learn to respect others views without all the bile.

We could all agree to disagree.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You should do internet psychologist as a sideline. Some skills you have there. :D

Thank you, I'll take a pass on that. :confused: Not sure what you're trying to imply actually, I'm not so good at picking up (un)subtle sarcasm. Unless you're saying I've misread your tone and you're not angry? Well, that's the problem with the written word because that's how you come across to me......if not angry then certainly rather rude.

For your information, I have studied psychology at degree level, I have spent my career in a caring profession and my brother, who I am close to and have long discussions with, is a Consultant Psychiatrist. So I'm not completely ignorant about psychology which is why I personally found the term used by Orangebird so offensive. I hope I have expressed adequately that I do care about Maisie's welfare and I am sorry if that has not come across (though I personally think that it has).

Edit, Richard, I agree, no need for bile. I will apologise for using the word ''hostile'' in relation to J's post. That's just how I perceived it at the time, not so much looking back, but it's obviously really upset and annoyed him and inspired these last few unpleasant posts.

Sorry.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on now children.:confused:
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I said was thankyou. Again I do mean it.