Options

I have some turkey steaks

D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I have some turkey steaks but not sure how to cook them. Wrap them in tinfoil and pop them in the oven?

Also what could I put in the tinfoil to make it taste nice? Any ideas would be great as I am trying to eat more turkey!

Comments

• Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    Hi

I have some turkey steaks but not sure how to cook them. Wrap them in tinfoil and pop them in the oven?

Also what could I put in the tinfoil to make it taste nice? Any ideas would be great as I am trying to eat more turkey!

Breadcrumb and shallow fry? Or do like a turkey parmesan, pan fry the steaks and then top off with a tomato sauce with cheese on top. If you're looking for anything more healthy though, I can't help, sorry :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Saltimboca typething? Batter them thinly, lay eash on a slice of parma ham, wrap aound a sage leaf. Secure with cocktail stick, dust lightly with seasoned flour. Gently pan fry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Sell them to Subway.
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd put a drop of oil in a frying pan and cook them for a couple of mins each side, then add some sliced mushrooms, cook them for a few minutes and then add about 100ml chicken stock. I'd leave to simmer for 10 minutes and then add a dollop of Philli cheese (I tend to use the Lightest one or the chive version), mix in and serve with some rice or green veggies.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »
    I'd put a drop of oil in a frying pan and cook them for a couple of mins each side, then add some sliced mushrooms, cook them for a few minutes and then add about 100ml chicken stock. I'd leave to simmer for 10 minutes and then add a dollop of Philli cheese (I tend to use the Lightest one or the chive version), mix in and serve with some rice or green veggies.

This actually sounds quite yummy!

I buy turkey quite a lot as its cheaper :o and tend to curry it !

This is a yummy sounding alternative.
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This actually sounds quite yummy!

I buy turkey quite a lot as its cheaper :o and tend to curry it !

This is a yummy sounding alternative.

I always use Phili cheese to make creamy sauces - you still get the creaminess of cream without the fat and calories! I make that sauce (or variations of it) quite often. :)
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I butterflied two chicken breasts last week, loosely wrapped them in clingfilm, then really flattened with a rolling pin.
    Then I floured, egged and bread-crumbed them but I used Panko breadcrumbs that I recently bought out of curiosity.
    Then I shallow pan fried them.
    The Panko crumbs really make a difference to ordinary crumbs - they were so crisp.
    Don't forget to really season the turkey before coating them.
  • Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »

Also what could I put in the tinfoil to make it taste nice? !

I've never found anything that makes tinfoil taste nice. :D