Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

As it worked pretty well on the Game Of Thrones thread, let's try it for Walking Dead.

One thread for both UK & US broadcasts, so if you have not seen the current episode, don't come into the thread as you will be spoiled. The show airs on Sundays in the US, so if you are watching on UK Pace dont enter on Monday.

When it comes to spoilers, outside of the 20 hours ahead the US viewers are, don't do it as you will be reported. I know some of the actors have hinted at future developments on Twitter, please do not repeat them here.

As far as the books are concerned for the purpose of this thread they do not exist. So no posts about what happened in the books and how it was better/worse/different to the TV show.

I'm really looking forward to this series. I think they really turned a corner in Season 4, and finally found the right combination of action, story and character growth.

Comments

• deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ...this thread is pointless as we already have a thread for the UK showing of The Walking Dead here:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=75085036#post75085036

......its 40+ pages long so people are gonna post their thoughts in that one and NOT this one!!!

This is the reason why there are 2 separate threads, one for the US and one for the UK - because of spoilers.

Personally - there's no way I will be coming to this thread because US posters WILL indeed post spoilers in here!
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ...this thread is pointless as we already have a thread for the UK showing of The Walking Dead here:

......its 40+ pages long so people are gonna post their thoughts in that one and NOT this one!!!

This is the reason why there are 2 separate threads, one for the US and one for the UK - because of spoilers.

Personally - there's no way I will be coming to this thread because US posters WILL indeed post spoilers in here!

OP is talking about season 5, your link is season 4 thread. I agree with the OP GoT worked well, so see no reason to have 2 seperate threads.

I'm really looking forward to the new season, have to sort out my sky plus planner, TWD, Gotham and UTD on Mondays (Im sure there will be clashes) as well as Sleepy Hollow on Wednesday.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to butt into your season 5 discussion but I just wanted an opinion:

I watched the first season of this and was reasonably entertained (I could take it or leave it).

I then started watching the second season and was absolutely bored to tears. I got as far as the break when they find the girl in the barn and couldn't be bothered watching any more.

Would people recommend me trying again or does it continue pretty much in the same vain?
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to butt into your season 5 discussion but I just wanted an opinion:

I watched the first season of this and was reasonably entertained (I could take it or leave it).

I then started watching the second season and was absolutely bored to tears. I got as far as the break when they find the girl in the barn and couldn't be bothered watching any more.

Would people recommend me trying again or does it continue pretty much in the same vain?

Season 2 is generally considered the low point of the show with season 1 being the high. Although quality is up and down over the course of the whole TWD experience so far. I'm expecting good things from season 5. And it's still on my unmissable list.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Way too many indirect spoilers in the trailer they keep showing on TV. Makes it too obvious how the mess is sorted up and why they're seemingly so fast back on the track to Washington. Some scenes even have strong obvious hints over which characters are going to die. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear this season's trailers may have stepped over the spoiler line.
  • chubstachubsta Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Makes it too obvious how the mess is sorted up and why they're seemingly so fast back on the track to Washington. .

...and so straight away someone posts a spoiler :o

i have deliberately avoided watching any trailers as i like to have no idea what is coming but at least now i know they manage to get out and head on their way pretty quick... thanks for that >:(
    Forum Member
    Way too many indirect spoilers in the trailer they keep showing on TV. Makes it too obvious how the mess is sorted up and why they're seemingly so fast back on the track to Washington. Some scenes even have strong obvious hints over which characters are going to die. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear this season's trailers may have stepped over the spoiler line.
    chubsta wrote: »

i have deliberately avoided watching any trailers as i like to have no idea what is coming but at least now i know they manage to get out and head on their way pretty quick... thanks for that >:(
    Personally - there's no way I will be coming to this thread because posters WILL indeed post spoilers in here!

....exactly my point!!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....exactly my point!!

How is discussing the Trailer a Spoiler?

You yourself talk about the Season 5 Trailer in the UK Season 4 Thread.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Their main goal since halfway through last season has been about heading to Washington. Not my fault you're a season behind and posting on the wrong topic, is it?
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member

I'm the first to call out posts for spoilers, and have gotten many spoiler posts deleted on here, but talking about a trailer is not a spoiler. Until the first episode airs there is little else to talk about. If you are that adamant about spoilers reading about the show online is probably not the thing to be doing. For example, I dont go near the Doctor Who forum on here as too much is given away in the thread titles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    People discuss spoilers more than the actual show. This will be fun...

Unless someone can create a thread that spoilers can be included, I'm out.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick shaves his beard off.
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Rick shaves his beard off.

....yea - what is it about that beard of his?!! From a guy's point of view, he looks so much better without it!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose shavings not much of a priority when there's zombies about.
  • OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth and Daryl?

That's surely going be answered this season.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

we need a UK thread for season 5
    Forum Member
    we need a UK thread for season 5

...its been messed up now, now that we have this thread - which is US and UK - who gives a fudge about the US series anyway?!!!!!!!

The creator of this thread should change it so that is for UK ONLY

Otherwise, I suggest people do NOT come here between Sunday night and Monday night because I can 100% guarantee, people WILL post spoilers.:(
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Otherwise, I suggest people do NOT come here between Sunday night and Monday night because I can 100% guarantee, people WILL post spoilers.:(

Which is exactly how it's supposed to work, it's how it worked successfully with Game of Thrones on this forum, and how I've seen it work with many other shows on other forums.

There are three simple rules:-
    Don't come in here until you've seen the current episode.
    Don't spoil future episodes.
    Don't mention the comic books.

Most people watching at "US Pace"' will be watching it on Monday evening anyway, its not that difficult to grasp.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    It's nearly time. :D

I'll be watching Monday night but I won't be checking the thread on Monday prior to that. It's really very simple.
  • PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited!! Love this show!
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh can't wait...it's nearly here..:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are you managing to watch this? Also what time is it on? (I am in the UK)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How are you managing to watch this? Also what time is it on? (I am in the UK)

Series 5 starts on the Fox channel tomorrow at 9.00pm

Sky channel 124, Virgin cable channel 157
  • My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    People discuss spoilers more than the actual show. This will be fun...

Unless someone can create a thread that spoilers can be included, I'm out.
    the first few mins of tomorrows show are on youtube. its full of spoilers watch with caution it is very extreme
  • My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the viewing figures will be like?