The Saturdays' Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a happier note, the album has jumped 7 places to #59. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    It might keep rising too seeing as Vanessa is on Popstar To Opera Star, that has recieved a ton of promo, plus she is in the trailer (some of them aren't, Danny Jones (McFly) for example). Also the sats are on dancing on ice friday, plus the main show on sunday I believe. :) Vanessa is on this morning on friday promoting Popstar to opera star. :) Busy times ahead for the Saturdays :D
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! :D Their song is being used at least in one of the pro routines, Fred just said an upbeat, I'm guessing Ego...

And there is A Diary of the Saturdays: A T4 Special thing on on Saturday. Not seen it, anyone know if it;s a old tihng?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    Yes! :D Their song is being used at least in one of the pro routines, Fred just said an upbeat, I'm guessing Ego...

And there is A Diary of the Saturdays: A T4 Special thing on on Saturday. Not seen it, anyone know if it;s a old tihng?

I have the T4 program set to record.:D They did T4 On the Beach backstage pass thing...lil 15 min program for T4 :) I'm assuming this program is different. :) Must be like the program they did with Miquita Oliver (she looks at the latest albums, theres a little interview with a certain act etc). :)

EDIT: That's called 'This Month with Miquita Oliver. It might be that, but for Wordshaker. Let's hope so. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Ego' at #13 in midweeks still. No position given for Wordshaker but apparently it's NOT in the top 40 yet. I'm gonna guess #50 or something for Sunday. :) Which is still really low but better than #122! :eek:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if anyone has twitter on here please feel free to follow and RT this group in support of Nessa to win - http://twitter.com/VOTEVOTEVanessa
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Last year they used Up for one of the dance routines so its unlikely Up will be used. Maybe Work or Ego might be used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year they used Up for one of the dance routines so its unlikely Up will be used. Maybe Work or Ego might be used.

Yeah, Fred and Melinda danced to Up! :D

I hope Ego just to push it a bit more! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, Fred tweeted earlier today "Just finished 1 hour rehearsal with Mel, Alex, and Luc. Skating to 'Ego' while The Saturdays perform live on Sunday. It's gonna be hot!!"

I can't wait!!!! :D:D:D I'm so excited already! :D
    Forum Member
    Actually, Fred tweeted earlier today "Just finished 1 hour rehearsal with Mel, Alex, and Luc. Skating to 'Ego' while The Saturdays perform live on Sunday. It's gonna be hot!!"

I can't wait!!!! :D:D:D I'm so excited already! :D

Sounds cool, I assume they're performing Ego? I'm hopefully gonna be watching! :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Hi, I was .Mimi. on here but I tried to log in and put a wrong letter in my password, couldn't reset it so sadly had to make another account. :mad:

Who's tuning into Popstar to Operastar tonight to see Vanessa perform? :) I will be.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I might watch it

Vanessa is the only reason I like the saturdays. I am glad she is doing this show. Maybe those record label people will convince her to drop the saturdays and go solo. She is absolutley stunning and has an amazing voice. She is the Nadine of The saturdays. Although Vanessa's voice is more stronger.
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    I might watch it

Vanessa is the only reason I like the saturdays. I am glad she is doing this show. Maybe those record label people will convince her to drop the saturdays and go solo. She is absolutley stunning and has an amazing voice. She is the Nadine of The saturdays. Although Vanessa's voice is more stronger.

Would that mean The Saturdays would continue with just four members or would they have to split up altogether?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More details aout tomorrows performance! :D from Freds Twitter

Waiting for the last rehearsal of the day to start. Looks like 'The Saturdays' will be singing from their funky sofa while we skate around.

Sounds different lol.
    Forum Member
    Any more news on chart positions for Ego and Wordshaker?
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album up to 34 in midweeks, probably on for 6,500-7,000 sales, which is an improvement but still isn't great considering DOI has 10-11 million viewers!

Should stay around that mark the rest of the week!

The problem is beyond...as promo is coming to a close, they will more than likely start tumbling after a fortnight! The third single really needs to 'Work' for them! :D
    Forum Member
    delectable wrote: »
    Album up to 34 in midweeks, probably on for 6,500-7,000 sales, which is an improvement but still isn't great considering DOI has 10-11 million viewers!

Should stay around that mark the rest of the week!

The problem is beyond...as promo is coming to a close, they will more than likely start tumbling after a fortnight! The third single really needs to 'Work' for them! :D

very good!:D:p

Hopefully 'Here Standing' will shift more of the album.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ego up to #12 which is good. I'm hoping it'll stick around the top 20 for a few more weeks.

The album should probably continue to rise now that more people are buying it and the ads have started back. Probably won't really go very high until Here Standing is released, though. Maybe top 30 before another tumble. :(
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    problem is that album sales are pretty low this time of year, so while its up higher its still not selling that much.

I think back in November time you needed over 20k to get into the Top 40 albums, 3 words had only 9k at #32 last week
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    problem is that album sales are pretty low this time of year, so while its up higher its still not selling that much.

I think back in November time you needed over 20k to get into the Top 40 albums, 3 words had only 9k at #32 last week

Actually, 6,927 ;).

With album sales set to be lower this week, they will probably be in the region I wrote above!

But, I agree, they should have sold more in the pre-xmas rush, cos because now they are selling and albums in general....small amounts!
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Ego up to #12 which is good. I'm hoping it'll stick around the top 20 for a few more weeks.

The album should probably continue to rise now that more people are buying it and the ads have started back. Probably won't really go very high until Here Standing is released, though. Maybe top 30 before another tumble. :(

When is that being released?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably early March, i'd say.

Ego back up to #11 today and only 500 copies behind #10. Wordshaker is at #30. :)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Probably early March, i'd say.

Ego back up to #11 today and only 500 copies behind #10. Wordshaker is at #30. :)

Hopefully it can enter the Top 10 again. :)

Yes for the Album's Rise! Out of the Top 100 and now in Top 30. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »

And considering it was about 122? Up near enough 100 places is quite good, even though they still need to sell more!
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »

That's good. Up is where they go from here :D
This discussion has been closed.