Options

Anyone you know have any bad or unusual habits?

JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
...or even you yourself!

If so, have you ever tackled them about it or do you just sit there grating your teeth in irritation (a bad habit itself :D) because you don't want to offend them?

I used to know a girl at school whose stomach continuously rumbled (she was stick thin so she was probably constantly starving) and it was especially noisy during assembly and prayers. People used to start giggling as the stomach made more strange noises. Obviously this was something kind of out of her control, but if she'd had some decent meals before hand it wouldn't have happened.

A lecturer at uni years ago used to insert the words "peep peep" or "toot toot" in to the middle of his ramblings. He was very eccentric but perhaps he just did that to keep us concentrating! However it was very disconcerting and we all ended up waiting for the next time he put in a silly word or two.

Comments

• Options
    JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My personal bad habit is starting crap threads on DS that nobody replies to. Happens all the time...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Aw bless. I read it but couldn't think of anything. :)

However, I have heard of someone whose bad habit is to pee in a bottle because they don't want to miss their tv programmes. :p Does that count?
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

However, I have heard of someone whose bad habit is to pee in a bottle because they don't want to miss their tv programmes. :p Does that count?

And I have a bad habit of replying to his threads. :mad:
  • Options
    superbabe69superbabe69 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And I have a bad habit of not responding in case I get banned :D
  • Options
    TenpeTenpe Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JanieB wrote: »
    ...or even you yourself!

If so, have you ever tackled them about it or do you just sit there grating your teeth in irritation (a bad habit itself :D) because you don't want to offend them?

I used to know a girl at school whose stomach continuously rumbled (she was stick thin so she was probably constantly starving) and it was especially noisy during assembly and prayers. People used to start giggling as the stomach made more strange noises. Obviously this was something kind of out of her control, but if she'd had some decent meals before hand it wouldn't have happened.

A lecturer at uni years ago used to insert the words "peep peep" or "toot toot" in to the middle of his ramblings. He was very eccentric but perhaps he just did that to keep us concentrating! However it was very disconcerting and we all ended up waiting for the next time he put in a silly word or two.

I find it a bit rude when someone starts their meal before everyone else.
  • Options
    Arthur.CrumbleArthur.Crumble Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to slap my penis on my legs to the beat of the radio when I am showering. APPARENTLY that is A bad habit:mad:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I like to slap my penis on my legs to the beat of the radio when I am showering. APPARENTLY that is A bad habit:mad:
    Doesn't that depend on who you are showering with?
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I had an ex boyfriend who had two irritating habits:

1. He used to fold his ear into his earhole while making suckling motions with his mouth. This practice obviously gave him infantile comfort. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

2. He used to pick massive bogeys out of his nose in his sleep and wipe them on the mattrass base. I do not want to remember the feeling I had when I found about a years worth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

1. He used to fold his ear into his earhole while making suckling motions with his mouth. This practice obviously gave him infantile comfort. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

2. He used to pick massive bogeys out of his nose in his sleep and wipe them on the mattrass base. I do not want to remember the feeling I had when I found about a years worth.
    I can't understand how your relationship didn't last. He didn't pee in a bottle as well did he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He didn't pee in a bottle as well did he?

Probably drunk it on the sly too.

After the bogey incident, I dumped him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »

So he didn't know he was doing it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So he didn't know he was doing it?

so he says, but I'm skeptical. Who wouldn't know they were picking their nose and wiping it?
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Substitute teapot for bottle and you'd be talking about Pete from Pete verses life
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    A guy I used to house share with had a girlfriend who hung around the place, and only seemed to eat cheese and drink red wine. She never ate or drank anything else from what I saw of her, unless you count picking your nose and eating that.

He ended up marrying her!
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    My friend has a habit of going to grab a granny nights and picking up much older women.3-4 times a week he's done this for about 20 years.He'd rather do that than settle down with one special lady.He seems to think he's doing them a service.I suppose he is in a round about kind of way.
  • Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    I have loads of bad habits so am hoping that my GF does not see this thread....