Options

Zsa Zsa is 97!

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
Forum Member
✭✭
By rights Zsa Zsa Gabor should be gone by now but the Hungarian born Actress has reached her 97th Birthday today.

Gabor is a virtual recluse these days and most likely bed ridden in her LA mansion but her strong Eastern European heart still beats strong.

Zsa Zsa, Happy Birthday Darlink!

Comments

• Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Her mother lived past 100 so.....she looks like she may take after her.However I think she has advanced dementia which is a desperately sad state to be in.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing Zsa Zsa you could probably add another year or two onto that to get her real age, she was always economical with the truth when it came to when she was born :D
    She certainly is a stayer though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her mother lived past 100 so.....she looks like she may take after her.However I think she has advanced dementia which is a desperately sad state to be in.

As well as her strong heart it's her money that has kept her alive too.

I did not realise she had advanced dementia.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a very sharp wit and was a brilliant guest on chat shows where she got the chance to display it. One TV show she appeared on in the 1950's was called 'Bachelor's Haven' where people wrote in to ask the panel of celebrity male panellists questions about relationships - there was always one female guest panellist on the show and this letter was read out for Zsa Zsa's advice...

"I'm breaking my engagement to a very wealthy man. He gave me a beautiful home, a mink coat, diamonds, an expensive car and a stove. What shall I do?"...to which Zsa Zsa replied

"Darling you have to be fair...give back the stove." :D
  • Options
    John8418John8418 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    My favourite was probably set up for her:

"How many husbands have you had?"

"Apart from my own?" ;)
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's Zsa Zsa's brightest barbs on the male sex:

A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he's finished.

You never really know a man until you have divorced him.

I believe in large families. Every woman should have at least 3 husbands.

I'm a wonderful housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep a house.

On her ex-boyfriend, Porfirio Rubirosa:

He may be the best lover in the world but what do you do the other 22 hours of the day?

Also on her ex, Felipe de Alba:

He wouldn't even have made a nice pet.

On the TV show, Bachelor's Haven, she dealt one letter saying "Dear Panel, my husband is a travelling salesman but I know he strays even when he is at home. How can I stop him?"

Her answer: Shoot him in the legs.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member

I wasn't aware she had advanced dementia either, it must be a horrible existence for her, i don't know how she keeps going to be honest she must be indestructible from what i have heard she has high blood pressure, had several Strokes, had her leg amputated due to gangrene, survived Pneumonia, Broken her Hip, Being in a serious Car Crash and had Blood pouring from her feeding tube into her stomach. One thing is for sure she is a tough old cookie, i wouldn't be surprised if she makes it past 100 years of age, that is if she isn't there already given how she likes to lie about her age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was genuinely born in 1917...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this woman but it's sad to know of the poor state she's been in for years. I just hope she's being properly looked after, even when you consider the creepy husband she's stuck with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love this woman but it's sad to know of the poor state she's been in for years. I just hope she's being properly looked after, even when you consider the creepy husband she's stuck with.

Yeah Prince Von Anhalt does seem a couple bottles short of a crate, didn't he once glue his eyes shut or something daft like that as well as being held at gunpoint by 3 women who placed him handcuffs stealing his possession and leaving him naked, apparently he was found an hour later without any handcuffs at the scene and then there was the weird business about him wanting a then 94 year old Zsa Zsa to Mother him a child. Something not right there, personally i hope Zsa Zsa soon passes on as it can't be any life for her and it sounds as if she has suffered enough and after all 97 years of age is a hell of an innings.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite thing that ZZG ever said was that "I never hated any man enough - to give him his diamonds back". It's really quite philosophical in a way.

In all seriousness, I don't get the impression she's having much of a life currently, and, if she wished to end it then she should be lawfully allowed to.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for repeating this anecdote about Zsa-Zsa.:blush:

During summer 2010 a news item on ZZG was on the radio when my husband and I were heading home from one of his hospital appointments.
    He said 'Jeeze is she not dead yet?'

He died later that year and ZZG is still hanging on in there.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for repeating this anecdote about Zsa-Zsa.:blush:

During summer 2010 a news item on ZZG was on the radio when my husband and I were heading home from one of his hospital appointments.
    He said 'Jeeze is she not dead yet?'

He died later that year and ZZG is still hanging on in there.

Similar with my own dad and Ronnie Biggs :(. Same cause of death....extended (degenerative) stroke. Biggsy was on his last legs long before my dad had his stroke but he outlived him by over three years!

I admire Zsa Zsa's spirit but, for me, it's quality of life rather than quantity of years. I hope she's not suffering too much.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Similar with my own dad and Ronnie Biggs :(. Same cause of death....extended (degenerative) stroke. Biggsy was on his last legs long before my dad had his stroke but he outlived him by over three years!

I admire Zsa Zsa's spirit but, for me, it's quality of life rather than quantity of years. I hope she's not suffering too much.

We're on the same weve length dorydaryl.:(

Upthread I read about dementia.
    Imho that could be a blessing.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're on the same weve length dorydaryl.:(

Upthread I read about dementia.
    Imho that could be a blessing.

Yeah, possibly a kind of oblivion. Sorry for your own loss, DD X
  • Options
    Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Yeah Prince Von Anhalt does seem a couple bottles short of a crate, didn't he once glue his eyes shut or something daft like that as well as being held at gunpoint by 3 women who placed him handcuffs stealing his possession and leaving him naked, apparently he was found an hour later without any handcuffs at the scene and then there was the weird business about him wanting a then 94 year old Zsa Zsa to Mother him a child. Something not right there, personally i hope Zsa Zsa soon passes on as it can't be any life for her and it sounds as if she has suffered enough and after all 97 years of age is a hell of an innings.

He said there was a possibility he was the father of somebody's child (was that Anna Nicole Smiths daughter) I can't remember?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He said there was a possibility he was the father of somebody's child (was that Anna Nicole Smiths daughter) I can't remember?

Yeah it was Anna Nicole Smith child he said he was the Father of, i had forgotten about that myself, strange bloke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »

This.

If I were in her state, I'd have wanted to call it a day before it got even half as bad as it appears to be for Zsa Zsa. It's no life at all being like that.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    i don't know much about her but i have heard a lot about her health problems poor woman. i remember she had to have her leg amputated and a lot of you have filled in the gaps of her other illnesses. I thought when her leg was amputated and considering her age she would die not longer after and im very surprised she is still around. Sounds like she is going through a rough time and is one hell of a fighter. Her body just won't give up quite yet , she has had a long life in a way it's a shame her body won't just let go. I hope she is at peace soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    By rights Zsa Zsa Gabor should be gone by now but the Hungarian born Actress has reached her 97th Birthday today.

Gabor is a virtual recluse these days and most likely bed ridden in her LA mansion but her strong Eastern European heart still beats strong.

Zsa Zsa, Happy Birthday Darlink!

Another year and Zsa Zsa is still here, 98 today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another year and Zsa Zsa is still here, 98 today.

She is indestructible that woman, wouldn't be surprised if she lived to be well over 100, she should of died years ago with all her health issues.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    She is indestructible that woman, wouldn't be surprised if she lived to be well over 100, she should of died years ago with all her health issues.

Her mother lived until 102 I understand.

Very sad shes outlived her only child:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her mother lived until 102 I understand.

Very sad shes outlived her only child:(

Zsa Zsa is pretty much a vegetable sadly, she can no longer speak, has no idea where she is or what day it is.

Very sad.,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zsa Zsa is pretty much a vegetable sadly, she can no longer speak, has no idea where she is or what day it is.

Very sad.,

It is very sad, i don't know why her husband is so intent on keeping her alive when she is in such a bad way, if it was an animal it would be put down, i wouldn't be surprised if she lived to or past 102 years of age like her Mum but 4 years or more in her current situation just seems cruel.
  • Options
    IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    Poor thing, just hope she is comfortable. :(