BB should be ashamed of making a joke of Patsy's beliefs.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
Forum Member
I'm honestly still upset by this.
They forced her to do a task involving her spiritual beliefs, which she made quite clear she took very seriously and that it made her uncomfortable.
Then they totally made fun of her and focused on the other HMs laughing and cracking up as she tried her best to get through it.
And to top it all off, they started BBOTS with even more piss taking with having the whole audience sitting cross legged pretending to meditate.

If this had been about any other belief system, Judaism, Christianity, Islam.. If they had asked them to perform a ceremony and provided them a room full of religious props and random quotes from the Torah, or Bible, or Quran on the walls, everyone would have lost their minds condemning it.

But because its "new age" or Buddhist, then its just a silly joke, and everyone thinks Patsy is a toddler throwing a tantrum over nothing.

>:( >:( >:(

Comments

• Jungle CatsJungle Cats Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when she signed up for the show she agreed to do anything BB told her to (within reason) - it's been on for 15 years now, she should have known that.

and the mumbo-jumbo she was teaching in that room was not 'Buddhist', and it wasn't even meditation, and couldn't even remotely considered as anything religious. It was frankly laughable: ('close your eyes, what colour do you see?...' :D )

if they'd forced a Jewish HM to eat pork, or a Sikh HM to shave his hair off, or a Catholic HM to use a condom... that would be a different matter
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand you OP. But you have to remember that this is Big Brother and they always seem to treat anything different from the norm in a very juvenile and moronic manner. Especially BOTS.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patsy is a nervous wreck who needs her meditation to help her... not for her to have to sit in front of others doing this.. I felt for her last night...
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont go into the BB house to try and resurrect your career and receive a big fat cheque for doing so if you are gonna take yourself sooo seriously then! Simples
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont go into the BB house to try and resurrect your career and receive a big fat cheque for doing so if you are gonna take yourself sooo seriously then! Simples
    I see your point Maria.... maybe Patsy just isnt strong enough and pretended to be when she first went in..
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when she signed up for the show she agreed to do anything BB told her to (within reason) - it's been on for 15 years now, she should have known that.

and the mumbo-jumbo she was teaching in that room was not 'Buddhist', and it wasn't even meditation, and couldn't even remotely considered as anything religious. It was frankly laughable: ('close your eyes, what colour do you see?...' :D )

if they'd forced a Jewish HM to eat pork, or a Sikh HM to shave his hair off, or a Catholic HM to use a condom... that would be a different matter

So her beliefs are Mumbo Jumbo but the others are not?
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's maybe worth complaining to ofcom.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.
    the stuff she did in Bo Selecta was far more degrading but guessing the pay was better. I have just about zero faith in this production team as a whole but it came across as asking her to just take a class in Mediation if it had been like the BB8 Guru task then fair enough
  • mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meditation CAN be part of many religions, but it is not a religion in itself. That would lead me to ask what beliefs are they making a joke of? If Calum were required to lead a workout would that be making a joke of his beliefs? Many people exercise for the same reasons others meditate...many people I know who are deeply religious are very intense in keeping fit because of the view of the body being a temple and gift.

Patsy missed a fabulous opportunity to actually show people something deeply meaningful to her and to share something with her HMs. I really like Patsy, but feel like she really let herself down with this.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Meditation isn't a belief, it's a discipline like tai chi, martial arts or arguably even things without any (or with much less of a ) physical or mental goal like carpentry, dancing or cooking :confused:
  • pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a grip Patsy, BB was doing you and the house a favour by giving you some airtime and providing a means to calm everyone down.

I didn't see it as taking the mick out of her spiritual views at all.... meditation is not necessarily a spiritual practice. I do it sometimes when i need to de-stress. It's as spiritual to me as listening to a relaxation tape.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's maybe worth complaining to ofcom.

I think Nadia has informed the Authorities !
  • Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what are Patsy's beliefs?

Which religion or organisation is she a follower of?
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pope_tart wrote: »
    Get a grip Patsy, BB was doing you and the house a favour by giving you some airtime and providing a means to calm everyone down.

I didn't see it as taking the mick out of her spiritual views at all.... meditation is not necessarily a spiritual practice. I do it sometimes when i need to de-stress. It's as spiritual to me as listening to a relaxation tape.

Here Here,
    Stuttering wallflower
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what are Patsy's beliefs?

Which religion or organisation is she a follower of?

She is a Roman Catholic.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I see your point OP and have a lot of sympathy. A person's spirituality should be respected and I think Patsy's beliefs are as entitled to respect as any other.

Imagine if someone had been in the house who practised Islam and took themselves off with their prayer mat 5 times a day. Would BB have thought it was appropriate to ask them to lead the other HM's in Islamic prayers? Of course not. (It begs the question why, to my recollection, no committed practising Muslim has ever been in BB).

On the other hand anyone who goes into BB expecting their dignity to be unsullied is a bit stupid. The deal for CBB is pretty well we pay you some money to make a mockery of you should we see fit to. Worse things have happened to HMS.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she sees it as spirituality but to others it would be relaxation. I honestly don't understand what the big deal was. Patsy was protesting before BB stated what the task was about. In fact she was reluctant to go to the DR at all.

I get the feeling that Patsy would prefer to be invisible to BB for her whole time in the house regardless of what the task would've been. She just doesn't want singled out. Perhaps CBB is the wrong decision for her. She's very nervy and fragile.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patsy annoys me intensely with her nonsense.
    *yawn*
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have it on good authority that Nadia called the Police.

Cripes, get a grip.
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have it on good authority that Nadia called the Police.

Cripes, get a grip.

Yeah, Nadia needs to chill a bit, maybe some meditation might help. ;-)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is meditation a belief? She went OTT. As a big fan of the show she should know BBs tasks are compulsory.

Now if she was Muslim and they wanted a task where she had to ditch that, then that would be awful.

Not blimming meditation though! She needs to chill out. No wonder she's getting no airtime and she probably won't from now.
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meditation is not a 'belief'. It is a concentration/relaxation technique.

There's always a lot of sniggering with these things. If you took half a dozen Christian 20-somethings to a mosque and asked them to copy the Imam then I reckon there would be more than one giggle. It is disrespectful of the 20-somethings, not the Imam. No-one is making fun of the religion. It is the ignorant participants that look foolish.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB didn't make fun of anything, how the people who participated in it acted was pretty normal for new people to the discipline, the person who didn't take it seriously was Patsy if she had gone about it with more care and more feeling then I think the others would have taken it more seriously too.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mz fit wrote: »
    Meditation CAN be part of many religions, but it is not a religion in itself. That would lead me to ask what beliefs are they making a joke of? If Calum were required to lead a workout would that be making a joke of his beliefs? Many people exercise for the same reasons others meditate...many people I know who are deeply religious are very intense in keeping fit because of the view of the body being a temple and gift.

Patsy missed a fabulous opportunity to actually show people something deeply meaningful to her and to share something with her HMs. I really like Patsy, but feel like she really let herself down with this.

I agree - it's not a belief system at all. Patsy just doesn't want to be there - she's sleep walking through the whole thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's needs to chill out, it's BB, what else did she expect, all they asked her to do was a task about meditation, hardly asking her to kill a money or drown a baby.