Radio 2, Sounds of the 50's

SevrinSevrin Posts: 381
Forum Member
Leo Green was talking to Chris Evans this morning and mentioned he will be presenting this new show from the spring. Don't know whether this will be a permanent show or a now and again series

Comments

• david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sevrin wrote: »
    Leo Green was talking to Chris Evans this morning and mentioned he will be presenting this new show from the spring. Don't know whether this will be a permanent show or a now and again series

This is interesting news but I would bet on it being an occasional show and broadcast in the slot at 10pm week nights.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    Radio 2 had this show on many years ago presented by Ronnie Hilton - a genuine 50's recording artist
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of 50's music but I am enjoying his series on Van Morrison just now.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Radio 2 had this show on many years ago presented by Ronnie Hilton - a genuine 50's recording artist
    i remember that show,think it was on saturday nights
  • GeordieyodelGeordieyodel Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting addition - perhaps Sundays at 11pm?
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice to have it back but we'll have to wait and see how it goes.
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    i remember that show,think it was on saturday nights

I don't know if it moved to or from Saturday night, but I remember it on Saturday morning for an hour before Sounds of the Sixties, presented by Ronnie Hilton.
  • Robert WilliamsRobert Williams Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it moved to or from Saturday night, but I remember it on Saturday morning for an hour before Sounds of the Sixties, presented by Ronnie Hilton.
    It was moved around the schedules several times. When it started in 1990 it was on Saturday mornings 8.05-9.00, then repeated 12.05-1.00 on Sunday night/Monday morning. Later on it moved to 2.00pm on Saturdays, with the repeat later on the same day at 12.05am. By the time it finished in 1995, it had been reduced to a half hour slot at 6.30pm on Sundays, with the repeat remaining at 12.05 the following Saturday night.
  • MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,886
    Forum Member
    Short article about Ronnie Hilton's Sounds of the 50s and nearly five minutes of audio just posted by RandomRadioJottings on Audioboom.

https://audioboom.com/boos/2868940-sounds-of-the-50s