Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People on their mobiles while being served at a checkout. Such bad manners.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    Phoned a major insurance company this morning to renew my policy. Called about 10:30am thinking it would be nice and quiet and I'd get straight through. After about four levels of IVR questions (is this a new policy, are you thinking of leaving us, is the policy for home/car, etc), then had to listen to a few messages such as your call may be recorded for training purposes, finally the call gets put through to a real live human being.

"Sorry, our computer system is down just now, please can you call back in a couple of hours?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adverts where celebs speak unnatural promotional material as conversation. WeightWatchers with Patsy Kensit. Sky with Robert Lindsay.
  • Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skinny people who think they're fat.

Fat people who think they're skinny.

People posting on facebook about how much weight they've lost..How long they ran for, how many calories they burnt..I mean, my god.

No one cares. Go eat another cream cake and be done with it.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People, usually elderly, making a beeline for the bus as soon as it arrives at the station, therefore getting in the way of the passengers who have to get off the bus first.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyone who declares they are 'loving' anything (this is something seen on Facebook a lot) such as 'loving the weather!'. It drives me nuts.
    !

I'm glad its not just me. The use of this expression makes me shout at the telly!
  • alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    People who can see that your standing there trying to get to something on a shop or supermarket shelf and loiter around blocking up the entire shelf refusing ti shift

Yes. And what about those who place themselves right in front of you when it must be obvious to a moron that you are trying to make a selection.

Something that really irks me bigtime, is the way the TV companies roll the credits after a drama, but only the first few names before they are reduced to postage stamp size while the next or future programmes are being promoted. Highly disrespectful to the actors involved, and for those of us who are interested in the cast list.

And the puffs for the next programme that appear two minutes before the end of what you are watching, sometimes obliterating an essential part - in my case, the subtitles. TV companies are so self-serving that they are unbelieveable.
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    The signs in clothes shops that read "Men" and "Ladies" or "Ladieswear" and "Menswear".

I swear one day I will run a shop with signs reading "Gentlemen" and "Women" :D
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Cardboard covers on some DVDs!:mad:

Some DVDs come with cardboard covers that have exactly the same pictures & writing that is on the inside sleeve of the DVD case, so what is the point of these covers?

Consumers are constantly barracked about recycling & waste etc, yet nobody seems to reprimand disc makers about unnecessary packaging on their DVDs.

Some CD companies seem to think that cardboard CD covers are preferable to the standard plastic jewel case with glossy paper inserts. Personally I prefer the plastic cases as they are much harder wearing.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Young children's parents who say "Let the little boy through" to their child. I know they don't mean to call me little boy but I am 13, not 6.
    QUOTE]

I get ' mind the lady' - that's horrendous enough
  • spiderbootsspiderboots Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    People who send me the same txt over and over again because I haven't replied to the first one straight away. People who put "txt back" at the end of their message as if it's of vital importance I do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    When I go to a party or buffet which has a limited amount of vegetarian food.

Then the meat-eaters dive on it like they've been starved, as well as horsing in chicken drumsticks and beef vol-au-vents - makes me want to scream!!!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really that trivial

My effing neighbours getting on my wick with their building work - been going on forever with no sign of ending

The stress of it is making me more irritated with small things

Such as the spinning circle when the computer is being slow

Buffet breakfasts - someone ALWAYS bumps into me when I am carrying plates

LOOK WHERE YOU ARE 'UCKING GOING YOU MORON!!!:mad::mad::mad:
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some DS related annoyances:

- People who start discussion threads without offering an opinion of their own. Usually including a comment along the lines of 'I know my opinion but lets hear yours'. Erm no, how about you offer yours and lets go from there.

- Members who post on non-spoiler threads with posts along the lines of 'I've seen this episode in the US/via streaming. It's awful/great/you're in for a treat/etc'. Just comes across as someone trying to show off to me

- Members who have been on DS for all of 5 minutes that feel they have the right to be rude to other members. Of course no one should be. Just that the newbies annoy me more.

- threads that are started even though one exactly the same is sitting on the same page

- Boris Johnson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    Not really that trivial

My effing neighbours getting on my wick with their building work - been going on forever with no sign of ending

This!!! Next door but one have been having their loft converted for what feels like six months
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Littering!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    Yes. And what about those who place themselves right in front of you when it must be obvious to a moron that you are trying to make a selection.

Something that really irks me bigtime, is the way the TV companies roll the credits after a drama, but only the first few names before they are reduced to postage stamp size while the next or future programmes are being promoted. Highly disrespectful to the actors involved, and for those of us who are interested in the cast list.

And the puffs for the next programme that appear two minutes before the end of what you are watching, sometimes obliterating an essential part - in my case, the subtitles. TV companies are so self-serving that they are unbelieveable.

Not as annoying as those who stop for conversations in supermarkets. Do they place themselves out of the way? No of course not! They prefer to stand in the middle of the aisles oblivious to people wanting to get by.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw an advert for some upcoming film. The over-dramatic voiceover announced, "21 and Over - in cinemas May Three".

What the hell is "May Three"? The third of Mary? May the third, at a push? But, MAY THREE? :mad:
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    When vosne writes me a beautiful poem and the mods delete the whole thread :( :mad:
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the Mods delete a thread just as I was trying to post in it. :rolleyes:
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »

I got the last post in that thread.

Boo-ya.

Oddly proud of this.
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Boo-ya.

Oddly proud of this.

Well done! Did you turn off the lights? :D
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Boo-ya.

Oddly proud of this.

My post was gonna say I don't know who is on whose side! I was completely lost!
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Lastlaugh wrote: »
    Well done! Did you turn off the lights? :D

I walked away calmly as it exploded behind me.

The epitome of cool I was.
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »

That happened to me too :mad:

Boo-ya.

Oddly proud of this.

Well done :D
This discussion has been closed.