Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    mobility scooters..

they are everywhere..Some 80 year old man had an accident near me last week..he was on the road..whether he was crossing onto the pavement bit, a car hit him ..Holded up the traffic as road was closed, was nearly late for work..These scooters take over on pavements as i love walking with ipod on, i cant hear them and they get in my way basically lol

You're right, how dare the elderly go out of the house. The nerve of them!
    I've got another supermarket checkout divider annoyance.

When I've finished loading my shopping onto the belt, I always place the divider leaving about an inch gap between the divider and the last of my shopping.

I HATE it when the person behind then goes and moves it so they can shove their shopping right up against mine. They have no right doing this. It's not like they are going to get through any quicker. I deliberately dawdle and take my time when someone does this. I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does.

You must be the life and soul of the action at a dinner party!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny-br wrote: »
    "Friendzoned" is an actual word??

THAT is a trivial thing that annoys me more than intensely...

I hate the term 'friend zone'. It devalues friendship between men and women.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    An errant bit of Kit-Kat foil coming into contact with a filling.
  • owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    The way the seat belt in my car gradually gets tighter and tighter over time and I have to constantly pull it loose again - like a bloody boa constricter in slow motion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    owlie81 wrote: »
    The way the seat belt in my car gradually gets tighter and tighter over time and I have to constantly pull it loose again - like a bloody boa constricter in slow motion.

i guess it would depend on if one has gained weight :D
  • owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    i guess it would depend on if one has gained weight :D

Ha ha, well I meant gets tighter over time - as in during one journey - I can see what you mean though, :)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An errant bit of Kit-Kat foil coming into contact with a filling.

Ouch, yep, know the feeling.
  • daznov11daznov11 Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievably trivial and stupid but I get annoyed when a shop uses a pound and pence sign on an item. The pound sign means that you don't need a pence sign! However I do think it reflects worse on me that I'm bothered by something like that than on the shop itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    People who open doors with their feet instead of using their hands to push it open. Do they do that at home? Drives me nuts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    People who stand and chat in shop doorways.

When children run right into you/your path in public places, nearly tripping you over and the parent either totally ignores it, glares at you for nearly tripping over their child, or smiles indulgently at their child's 'cute' behaviour. Disclaimer - Its not the children that annoy me, its the parents.

Katherine Jenkins. Just for existing.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    Cling film is incredibly annoying!

It bloody annoys me when it doesnt come off in one straight piece when you cant find the end! :mad:
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not trivial but manipulative people. :mad:
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mobility scooters..

they are everywhere..Some 80 year old man had an accident near me last week..he was on the road..whether he was crossing onto the pavement bit, a car hit him ..Holded up the traffic as road was closed, was nearly late for work..These scooters take over on pavements as i love walking with ipod on, i cant hear them and they get in my way basically lol

Don't be so selfish - you may need one in the future and some younger person may think the same about you!
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you run out of toilet paper after a shit and have to do the 'shuffle' to the kitchen for some kitchen roll...but then Doh! You realise the blinds are open so are then faced with a terrible dilemma - do you pull up your cacks to a shitty crack or crawl under the window. And after all that, you've run out of kitchen roll as well. Now that is annoying!!!

(and yes, this just happened to me :D:o)

Before you all ask - I had to use last weeks free newspaper! Only bloody thing they're good for!!

Sorry - I can't stop laughing at this - it's so funny!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the Kickstarter micro-Wallet projects. There is about 75 of them, all having VERY similar designs, all akin to putting a rubber band around your cards. Why so many or 'em are getting complete funding is beyond me.
  • FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An advert on telly just now which started, "You've probably heard that Alpecin caffeine shampoo is big in Germany..." Well, of COURSE I chuffing haven't, as well you know. Like virtually everyone else unfortunate enough to be watching this advert for the first time, I hadn't even heard of the blasted stuff.
    Until seeing the advert for the second time...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Flufan wrote: »
    An advert on telly just now which started, "You've probably heard that Alpecin caffeine shampoo is big in Germany..." Well, of COURSE I chuffing haven't, as well you know. Like virtually everyone else unfortunate enough to be watching this advert for the first time, I hadn't even heard of the blasted stuff.
    Until seeing the advert for the second time...

Really? it is amazing stuff. Really does do what it says on the tin. Ok it really is a bottle but you get the picture. :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Well I've never seen chuffing Alpecin in Boots or 'leading supermarkets' :mad:
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People walking along with their heads down, so engrossed in texting on their mobile phone, that they almost walk into me on the pavement :mad:
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daznov11 wrote: »
    Unbelievably trivial and stupid but I get annoyed when a shop uses a pound and pence sign on an item. The pound sign means that you don't need a pence sign! However I do think it reflects worse on me that I'm bothered by something like that than on the shop itself.

Also people who say some item is 75 "p" instead of the word pence, its just as easy to say the correct word PENCE !!, P is a pea !
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you run out of toilet paper after a shit and have to do the 'shuffle' to the kitchen for some kitchen roll...but then Doh! You realise the blinds are open so are then faced with a terrible dilemma - do you pull up your cacks to a shitty crack or crawl under the window. And after all that, you've run out of kitchen roll as well. Now that is annoying!!!

(and yes, this just happened to me :D:o)

Before you all ask - I had to use last weeks free newspaper! Only bloody thing they're good for!!

TOP TIP ....Kitchen roll down the toilet is not recommended, It doesnt break up and will eventually cause a blockage , a good reason to keep the toilet papper stocks high ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gingerjack wrote: »
    Also people who say some item is 75 "p" instead of the word pence, its just as easy to say the correct word PENCE !!, P is a pea !

Lol I'm the opposite... people who say pence annoy me. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I'm the opposite... people who say pence annoy me. :p

"One pence", grr.

I like to wheel out "sixpence" (as one word), "tuppence" and, if I'm feeling particularly codgery, "thrupence". :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Well I've never seen chuffing Alpecin in Boots or 'leading supermarkets' :mad:

Sounds like a scalp condition run riot. "Hmm, yes, Mr Flufan; you've got chuffing alpecin. Rub this in twice a day."
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who moan about never getting the chance to relax when at weekends they choose to get up at 6am for no reason when they might as well stay in bed longer.

People who on busy trains who tap my shoulder and tell me to stand up so an old lady can sit down, especially when they are sitting down themselves! I mean, how do they know I have no health problem that means I need to sit down? If someone wants my seat I will gladly give it to them... if they ask me for it themself.
This discussion has been closed.