Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breadcrumbs in the butter, coffee granules in the sugar, toothpaste lids not put on, toilet seat left up. Just a few things, but apart from the breadcrumbs in the butter can live with the rest. :D
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it's NEVER, EVER their fault, everybody else should be more careful. :rolleyes:

you're supossed to just hold yourself up by the handrail, suspended in mid air unil they decide to move on
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    you're supossed to just hold yourself up by the handrail, suspended in mid air unil they decide to move on

Or you shouldn't be using the escalator. If you hadn't been on it you wouldn't have bumped into them so it's your fault.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I'm reading a lot of Trip Advisor hotel reviews at the moment, because we're thinking of a few days away in March.

I tend to concentrate on the "terrible" reviews, and am astonished how many finish up with comments such as : "We moved out next day, and found a fantastic hotel nearer the centre, and 50euros a night cheaper".

But they never mention the name of the great hotel.

I'm morbidly fascinated with 'terrible' reviews on Tripadvisor, as they uusally say more about the person than the hotel. You'll often find a 1 star review because there wasn't a chocolate on the pillow, or Sky Sports on the TV, despite the fact the place is obviously a budget place aimed at local people and costs €30 a night. Or people have axes to grind about areas completely out of the hotel's control. One of the most common complaints you come across in British reviews is "NO KETTLE IN THE ROOM". If there is a kettle, they will whine about the limescale, and if there's no limescale, they will whine that "WATER HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE KETTLE!". You honestly wonder how some of these people get out of their house, sometimes.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous double barrelled names - someone near me has double barrelled the kids names - 3 kids 3 different dads and surnames - I pity the kids trying to learn to write full names when they start school - fitzpatrick fitzwilliam is one of the surnames .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    TV Presenter types who tell us that the temperature is going to 'plummet' - when it's going to drop by a couple of degrees! :mad:

And it never rises, it 'SOARS!'.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,637
    Forum Member
    The fact that the media in this country have turned normally occurring seasonal weather patterns for this part of the world into what sound like catastrophic events.

A bit of snow in February is proclaimed a "Big Freeze" and temperatures going above 20 degrees in June is a "Heatwave".. err, no, they're essentially typical weather conditions expected for the time of year they are in given our location on the planet and the proximity to the sun at that particular time.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people praise others for being sincere, honest debaters or words to that effect (and imply that they themselves are like that) when, in reality, they persistently indulge in sneering, rudeness, baiting and sarcasm.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    TV Presenter types who tell us that the temperature is going to 'plummet' - when it's going to drop by a couple of degrees! :mad:

I agree. Or when the weather gets a bit colder and we a have a few days of freezing weather it's 'the big freeze' like suddenly the entire country has to come to a standstill like a scene from 'The Day After Tomorrow' when countries like Russia and Canada live with far worse conditions almost every day. The minute we get a bit if warm weather they show pictures of people on beaches claiming it to be a heatwave and despite months of flooding they ban all use of hosepipes.

The media really are good at over exaggerating everything and getting everyone into mass hysteria. Bloody infuriates me :mad:
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    If they were real friends of yours surely you'd already know them. Maybe you're one of those friend collectors who just likes to add random people that you don't really know in order to appear to have loads of mates? Ever thought they are just hiding this stuff from you because they don't want their friends being bothered by random strangers? Sometimes people have friends that they don't want certain 'other' friends knowing that they associate with. Know what I'm saying?

Your spiteful reply just reminds me of another of the things that annoy me - people who post on forums just to get off on being nasty to people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Your spiteful reply just reminds me of another of the things that annoy me - people who post on forums just to get off on being nasty to people.

Agreed, nastiness is nastiness, no matter what its disguised as.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    people on facebook not using their proper names.

eg

Lisa Mummytobe Smith

also people who dont put their maiden name correctly. i know a woman whos name comes up as Ann Jones, yet if you click her profile its Ann Jones (Smith) so if you searched ann smith (if you didnt know her married name) you would still find her.

yet theres people with names like Kelly Rodgers WasThompson

To me it just screams look at me, I've just got married. Even worse is the likes of Lisa Soontobe Evans.

whats wrong with just using your own name?
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me so cross when I have to stand over someones desk and forward an email for them because they said 'it doesn't do it when i try'. It does, you're just too thick to make a couple of mouse clicks in the right place and if you do not have the skills required of your job, you should not be employed here. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiot people who use "Reply to All" when an email has been sent to a huge system distribution list and the reply is "Please remove me from this list", "Remove me as well", "Please do not reply to all" ad infinitum. One email generates over 100 replies within a few hours.

And all this despite employees being told a) when mailing to a huge system distribution list, put the dist list name in BCC and b) do not reply to all for such emails.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    people on facebook not using their proper names.

eg

Lisa Mummytobe Smith

also people who dont put their maiden name correctly. i know a woman whos name comes up as Ann Jones, yet if you click her profile its Ann Jones (Smith) so if you searched ann smith (if you didnt know her married name) you would still find her.

yet theres people with names like Kelly Rodgers WasThompson

To me it just screams look at me, I've just got married. Even worse is the likes of Lisa Soontobe Evans.

whats wrong with just using your own name?

This randomly bugs me too! Worst I've seen is 'Sarah Toby's Mummy Roberts' great you've had a child, well done, thanks for telling us all:rolleyes:
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people smokeing outside in shopping areas. and waiting for public transportation
  • WoofyWoofy Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people smokeing outside in shopping areas. and waiting for public transportation
    And people smoking in hospital grounds, right in front of the No smoking signs :mad:
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    riceuten wrote: »
    I'm morbidly fascinated with 'terrible' reviews on Tripadvisor, as they uusally say more about the person than the hotel. You'll often find a 1 star review because there wasn't a chocolate on the pillow, or Sky Sports on the TV, despite the fact the place is obviously a budget place aimed at local people and costs €30 a night. Or people have axes to grind about areas completely out of the hotel's control. One of the most common complaints you come across in British reviews is "NO KETTLE IN THE ROOM". If there is a kettle, they will whine about the limescale, and if there's no limescale, they will whine that "WATER HAS BEEN LEFT IN THE KETTLE!". You honestly wonder how some of these people get out of their house, sometimes.

I love reading Trip Advisor too! another highlight is when people stupidly book completely the wrong resort and then moan about it! I remember reading one where someone had booked their young family in for a 2 week stay in Magalluf, in a 2/3* hotel, and then appeared shocked that the hotel was full of Club18-30's!

You also get the 'the food was all foreign' brigade who like to sit eating a Full English, drinking PG Tips and reading The Sun...these people usually go book themselves in at some remote Greek island where no-one speaks English, and then moan about it!
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »

Well your post reminded me of one of my pet hates when I used to be on FB. People that used to persist on trying to add me because we had a mutual friend in common yet I never even met them or someone from school that I barely even knew and hadn't seen in 20 years. Something that used to annoy me intensely. Friend collectors they call them. Ooh yeah look at me I've got 300+ friends. Really? When was the last time you actually met them or got a Christmas card off them?
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woofy wrote: »
    And people smoking in hospital grounds, right in front of the No smoking signs :mad:

Intensely irritating non smokers who just want all ther way is one of my things. We are already banished outside in the cold. What next put us in cells?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Intensely irritating non smokers who just want all ther way is one of my things. We are already banished outside in the cold. What next put us in cells?

Now, there's an idea :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and that Wowcher advert. Nothing on this Gods given earth will I ever, ever, EVER say "wowcher" :mad:
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    People not bothering to read the Original Post in a thread they're replying to :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    People who say cheer up it might never happen just because they see you're not smiling the exact second they look at you. A work colleague has a great remedy for that though. She tells them that actually it did, as a parent just died. Works a treat, apparently :D
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miming on adverts, don't know why, it just really annoys me. The Cillet Bang one is the worst
This discussion has been closed.