The Apprentice 09/05/12

1161718192022»

Comments

• RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that makes it worse. Tom's calls were so bad he did even worse than Gabi who got the corporate client completely wrong, made a terrible choice of artist and missed all the real issues. She charmed one but went overboard on the rubbish from the other one. And Tom still managed to make even worse decisions.

Its all rather dubious, I wouldn't buy an ice cream from Adam - you wonder where they found his customers.

I don't see that. Tom lost Pure Evil.

That's what lost him the task.

If Tom had managed to charm PE - he would have won by a MASSIVE margin.

Tom made a decision to go with James Jessop, that turned out to be the wrong one, but JJ is pretty good, and ONE sale would have won him the task. (or even the girl that was fired trying a bit harder actually).

All Gabrielle did right was to get the right artist to be with her.

Everything else she did was poor.

She is charming and that won her the task.

Tom is a bit young and silly and lost P.E., but all the other decisions are understandable and not totally wrong.
  • DixDix Posts: 78,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    I really think her accent and her way of delivering make her a bit funny, but there's not much substance in it.

Other thing which put me off her was laughing as she said the joke, which in the end wasn't one. But when she made an off the cuff remark it was very funny, and I did laugh at it. :) Maybe she should make that sort of joke instead of laughing as she says them. Just a thought. :)
  • DixDix Posts: 78,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see that. Tom lost Pure Evil.

That's what lost him the task.

If Tom had managed to charm PE - he would have won by a MASSIVE margin.

Tom made a decision to go with James Jessop, that turned out to be the wrong one, but JJ is pretty good, and ONE sale would have won him the task. (or even the girl that was fired trying a bit harder actually).

All Gabrielle did right was to get the right artist to be with her.

Everything else she did was poor.

She is charming and that won her the task.

Tom is a bit young and silly and lost P.E., but all the other decisions are understandable and not totally wrong.

LS was very upset at Tom losing Pure Evil and almost fired him, but LS took the easier option of getting rid of Laura, as he has other plans for Tom.

But in the real world if an employee lost a valued customer then that employee wouldn't be in the job for long. Tom was in charge, so the onus was on him to do the best, which he didn't do. He should have been fired!
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Tom should have gone. He made two big mistakes but Sugar didn't seem to care. In past episodes two big mistakes by the PM would lead to a firing. I think Tom is destined/rigged/contrived to win this year's series
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Tom should have gone. He made two big mistakes but Sugar didn't seem to care. In past episodes two big mistakes by the PM would lead to a firing. I think Tom is destined/rigged/contrived to win this year's series
    Tom doesn't need rigging, he's clearly very good. Sugar seems to think he's almost too good for "the process". Not only is he good, he's honest in that he didn't try and cover up for his mistakes. Both PM's made big errors this week, but there wasn't much in the result. If faced with the choice of keeping either Tom or Laura Lord Sugar would be crazy to keep Laura whose best asset seems to be being nice.

I just don't buy the "better business plan" theory of firing decisions. Sugar always used to keep people in who perhaps should have been fired because they showed better promise overall. The change in prize has not changed things that much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I wouldve preferred to see jad ego, purely because I hate her and she shouldve gone last week, but tom deinately couldnt go so had to be scottish chick
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right decision to get rid of Laura.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good decision by LS, imo

In the last few weeks Tom's input has been quite decisive in the tasks and i thought he was very good in the boardroom, not trying to score cheap points and sticking to his guns, not getting flustered.

yeah he made a gamble and it didn't pay off, but a better salesman than Laura would have swung the task for them.

I don't get how Stephen is still here, he's consistantly shit week in, week out, but just happens to be on the right team
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all rather dubious, I wouldn't buy an ice cream from Adam - you wonder where they found his customers.

I am not Adam's biggest fan or a fan at all but he did well last night. Art is emotional. To sell art is from the heart even if that heart is top gear! Trying to impress buyers by claiming you are an expert and trying to impress by your superior knowledge doesnt work. Perhaps the buyers like the more honest less poseurish approach rather than someone telling them what they should like.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    That was the weirdest treat ever. 'Here's an empty room, a blank canvas and some paint, go nuts!' :confused:

Was a shame Tom didn't go :D as the edit has been far too desperate to prove he's good that it's becoming a bit of a joke. We need some genuine competition and unpredictability to keep it interesting. Not being spoon-fed what they want us to think.
    If Tom was really so good we wouldn't need Nick/Karren to tell us, his performance would speak for itself. Which it just doesn't.

I can't stand it on You're Fired when they encourage the booing/hostility towards candidates. I get enough of that in Big Brother. :mad: This is meant to be a more sophisticated show. All it proved to me was how biased the edit is nowadays, the fact that the 'mob' boo pretty much everyone. Like a collective opinion means anything anyway. It was like everyone in that audience thought the exact same way. :rolleyes: I mean when bland Mr No-Personality Tom gets the best reception, you know the other candidates have been screwed over to look like idiots for entertainment purposes. lol
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual Adam made the show tonight :D

Not overly keen on Tom anymore, thought Laura being fired was overdue by about three weeks, and as for Stephen...total blagger, he probably cannot believe he has made it this far.

Loved You're Fired as usual.
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the weirdest treat ever. 'Here's an empty room, a blank canvas and some paint, go nuts!' :confused:

Was a shame Tom didn't go :D as the edit has been far too desperate to prove he's good that it's becoming a bit of a joke. We need some genuine competition and unpredictability to keep it interesting. Not being spoon-fed what they want us to think.
    If Tom was really so good we wouldn't need Nick/Karren to tell us, his performance would speak for itself. Which it just doesn't.

I can't stand it on You're Fired when they encourage the booing/hostility towards candidates. I get enough of that in Big Brother. :mad: This is meant to be a more sophisticated show. All it proved to me was how biased the edit is nowadays, the fact that the 'mob' boo pretty much everyone. Like a collective opinion means anything anyway. It was like everyone in that audience thought the exact same way. :rolleyes: I mean when bland Mr No-Personality Tom gets the best reception, you know the other candidates have been screwed over to look like idiots for entertainment purposes. lol

1. Tom has shown he is good at numbers
    2. Tom was the one who questioned the equpiment in the gym task
    3. Tom is the only one who has shown to take RISKS, one payed of the other did not

He was not that bad of a PM he was better then Gabby, at least he knew what to ask the car company, while Gabby did not, and at least he gave a welcoming to that company while Gabby didn't

I think why he precive him bland and boring is because he is not the type to shout and argue something, he has a calm approach to this.

Seriously if I had to pick between working with Tom or the rest I would pick Tom because he seems the most capable of the lot. Plus the show is only a hour long, he might be a different person while in the house.

Dont worry rumours have it he gets pissed next week :)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I suppose what I dislike most is when I feel forced to think a certain way. Whenever I feel I am being pressured, I just get suspicious and think the opposite out of spite. :D

The editing in Apprentice now seems to screw almost every candidate in order to make someone look better than what they are.

If Tom gets mad and shows some character then I may like him more. lol Which is funny because that will likely cause him to lose fans. At the moment he's the safest/easiest candidate to like because he's shown little of what's beneath the surface, I hope that changes so he sparks my interest.
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose what I dislike most is when I feel forced to think a certain way. Whenever I feel I am being pressured, I just get suspicious and think the opposite out of spite. :D

The editing in Apprentice now seems to screw almost every candidate in order to make someone look better than what they are.

If Tom gets mad and shows some character then I may like him more. lol Which is funny because that will likely cause him to lose fans. At the moment he's the safest/easiest candidate to like because he's shown little of what's beneath the surface, I hope that changes so he sparks my interest.

He got angry last night... well moody lol

I dont think Karen and Nick are pushing how great he is down out throats, yes do they comment he is always right, but he also shows he is a good person.

I fell like he is the type who holds in his anger, and one day he will just go mad, but I wont care, I think I am just happy to have someone to look at still :o