iPad Google results page has shrunk

CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Google results page on my iPad has gone wrong, all the text is now in 'posts' much smaller in the middle of the screen, with three sides of empty grey space around it ( just like here infact). Does anyone know the magic combination to get it back right? It's bad enough on here with the small text and blocks of grey/white without having it in stereo on google:o

Comments

• pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've started having this problem too, it seems like it's trying to be mobile friendly as it keeps sending me to the mobile sites but I prefer it the way it was. Hopefully someone will know a way round it.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've started having this problem too, it seems like it's trying to be mobile friendly as it keeps sending me to the mobile sites but I prefer it the way it was. Hopefully someone will know a way round it.

Same problem on my Android tablet. I too prefer the non-mobile versions of sites on a tablet. What Google have done makes sense on actual mobiles, but not on tablets (well not 10 inch+ ones anyway).
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Google images are displaying differently too.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    if you tap and hold the refresh icon in safari it will give you the option for desktop version but doesn't stay like that forever
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here on Tab s.

I hope they fix it soon. Some of the browsers tabs are obscured by the greyed out area and the search results aren't normal. A pretty major problem I guess. The desktop feature doesn't even save.

I suggest changing the thread title, as this isn't just an iPad issues. It's most likely across the board.
    Forum Member
    I think is is a re-design of how Google shows search results on a mobile device rather than a bug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    testcard wrote: »
    I think is is a re-design of how Google shows search results on a mobile device rather than a bug.[/QUOTE

I think it's unlikely they thought "lets redesign Google on mobile devices so that the search results page is problematic".
  • kopite77kopite77 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    testcard wrote: »
    I think is is a re-design of how Google shows search results on a mobile device rather than a bug.[/QUOTE

I think it's unlikely they thought "lets redesign Google on mobile devices so that the search results page is problematic".

Maybe they are now using the same idiots, who re-designed this site!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kopite77 wrote: »
    [/B]

Maybe they are now using the same idiots, who re-designed this site!:D

I think you might be right. What is going on? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone believe how long it's taking to fix this issue?!
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone believe how long it's taking to fix this issue?!

It's not an 'issue', it's a new design.
    Forum Member
    I said this 10 days ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..... and I disagreed