Episodes from New Who you wish could be lost forever

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fear Her. I'd actually like to take the memory of it out of my brain, transfer it onto a DVD and return it to the BBC with a note saying "put this in your archives, and never let it out".
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. I had really enjoyed Utopia and The Sound of Drums, so to see the story conclude with this quasi-religious glurge came as a real disappointment.

A bit like Caves of Androzani being immediately followed by Twin Dilemma (Number 1 in DWM's Mighty 200 followed by Number 200), for me one of the all time great episodes (Utopia) being followed by a much weaker one and then one of the all time worst.

Reading this thread reminds me how much of Doctor Who since 2008 has (IMO) been so substandard and there are many many episodes from the Specials onwards that I would never wish to watch again. Luckily there are a few decent episodes to keep my interest going (amongst them Waters of Mars, Amy's Choice, The Girl Who Waited) but sadly not many. I'm even tempted, for the first time ever, not to buy the Season (7) box set, but I'll probably give in!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    If I was forced to lose three from each series...

S1
    Aliens of London
    World War Three
    The Long Game

S2
    New Earth
    The Age of Steel (I'd have had a one-part Cyber story)
    Fear Her

S3
    Smith and Jones
    Evolution of the Daleks (I'd have had a one-part Dalek story)
    The Lazarus Experiment

S4
    Voyage of the Damned
    The Fires of Pompeii (not too bad though)
    The Doctor's Daughter

S5
    Victory of the Daleks
    The Hungry Earth
    Cold Blood

S6
    The Rebel Flesh
    The Almost People
    A Good Man Goes To War

S7
    The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe
    Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
    The Power of Three
    Journey to the Centre of the Tardis

^ I had to choose four from S7, and could have chosen more. :o
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fear Her
    Love and Monsters
    Unicorn and the Wasp
    Utopia
    Night Terrors
    God Complex
    Cold War
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    The End of Time parts 1 and 2. The Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, The conclusion from Journey's End, The Stolen Earth, The conclusion from Last of the Timelords, Fear Her, The Idiots Lantern and Tooth and Claw.

Blimey, I think you must be my long- lost twin...though I'd add The Doctor the Widow& the Wardrobe and the Unicorn & the Wasp...:)