Hooten & The Lady (sky one)

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Starts Friday at 9pm. For anyone who doesn't know what its about. This adrenaline filled, eight-part drama event follows the adventures of the hugely charismatic, roguish American adventurer Hooten (Michael Landes) and his fantastically feisty partner in crime, Lady Alexandra (Ophelia Lovibond) as they travel the world, from the Vatican to The Himalayas, the Amazon to Egypt, in their quest to save the world's lost treasures. From the trailer it looks like a mixture of relic hunter and Indiana jones. Love these types of shows so looking forward to this.

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovibond ?
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Lovibond ?

She played Kitty on Elementary.
  • San Fran SaraSan Fran Sara Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Starts Friday at 9pm. For anyone who doesn't know what its about. This adrenaline filled, eight-part drama event follows the adventures of the hugely charismatic, roguish American adventurer Hooten (Michael Landes) and his fantastically feisty partner in crime, Lady Alexandra (Ophelia Lovibond) as they travel the world, from the Vatican to The Himalayas, the Amazon to Egypt, in their quest to save the world's lost treasures. From the trailer it looks like a mixture of relic hunter and Indiana jones. Love these types of shows so looking forward to this.

Sounds like utter shite,i will not be going to pirate bay for my free download.
  • WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, isn't Sky One and Sky Two, just a dumping ground for all the rejects from Skoiiyyy Atlantic, designed to make non-sky subscribers feel left out and push them into blowing a tonne of cash on a Skoiiiyyyy subscription ?

Don't do it people, and don't watch this excrement either.
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,749
    Forum Member
    The title alone is enough to make me avoid it like the plague and the trailers only serve to confirm that opinion.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Moth wrote: »
    The title alone is enough to make me avoid it like the plague and the trailers only serve to confirm that opinion.

Ophelia Lovibond starring in it is enough for me to have had it on me to-watch list for yonks. :D
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,640
    Forum Member
    Probably another one series wonder from Sky.

If it isn't Trollied, Stella, or Mount Pleasant it probably won't get past a first series, with Sky and their usual "As much as we loved this show we like to make room in the schedule for more new shows" excuse... basically meaning it didn't get enough viewers to justify the expense.
  • Cory_Osborn2Cory_Osborn2 Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the trailer it looks awful.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very little advertising for this, I suspect it's tripe.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like these type of shows but i am not getting a good vibe that it will last long
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,749
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Ophelia Lovibond starring in it is enough for me to have had it on me to-watch list for yonks. :D

She is rather attractive. However, that appears to be the single positive element and still not enough to make me watch
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an advert and it looked pants, however I read the blurb in the TV Guide and they made it sound OK ... so I have it now on series link. I will watch the first couple and judge for myself.
  • REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a rip-off of Dempsey and Makepiece meets Adventure Inc.

Added a youtube link for Adventure Inc Canadian/UK/ France production

Noel Clarke made an appearance in one of the three British episodes

Jessie Neilson died of pneumonia when the show was in post production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzDfi9C5-I
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, will they cop off in this run, or end it with a 'will they/won't they' cliffhanger hoping for a second series?
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Librarians. I don't like Lovibond though she ruined a whole series of Elementary so this isn't for me.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    Probably another one series wonder from Sky.

If it isn't Trollied, Stella, or Mount Pleasant it probably won't get past a first series...

StrikeBack was a 'Sky Original' and that was very successful, and lasted 5 series. It was a co-production (from series 2 onwards) though, so that must have helped with the large budget it obviously had (as it appears Hooten and The Lady has). It doesn't appear Hooten and The Lady is a co-production as far as I'm aware.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like both actors so I'll give it a go , plus a lighthearted adventure show hasn't been done in a while .
  • NakatomiNakatomi Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a rip-off of Dempsey and Makepiece meets Adventure Inc.

Added a youtube link for Adventure Inc Canadian/UK/ France production

Noel Clarke made an appearance in one of the three British episodes

Jessie Neilson died of pneumonia when the show was in post production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzDfi9C5-I

In that case, Dempsey and Makepeace was a ripoff of Hart to Hart, The Avengers and countless other shows. Formats can be similar but the shows can be completely different.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just watched ep 1 .

surprised at how slow it was , I'd at least expected a fast paced jaunty kinda show .
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well for a start, being dragged along by a horse like that would probably take all the skin off his back & he'd be in excruciating pain & unable to move:o. The relationship between the two main characters was annoying due to them being stereotypes; they also reminded me of the characters from the Romancing the Stone & Crocodile Dundee series of films.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    surprised at how slow it was , I'd at least expected a fast paced jaunty kinda show .
    Me too. Will give it another go next week though.

Wish she'd been called Anne. We could have had "Hooten & Annie" :p
    they also reminded me of the characters from the Romancing the Stone & Crocodile Dundee series of films.
    I'm sure that's not entirely coincidental ;)
  • REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torquay museum has an exhibition about Percy Fawcett in their explorers gallery. He came from Torquay. A plaque to him was unveiled 31 August with a relative present who donated his papers and diaries. There is also a feature film about him awaiting general release.

Many TV series try to cash in on feature films and this one is no exception
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Uncharted' without the charm (only PlayStation owners will understand).

I lost interest in the first 20 minutes. If there's one thing that irks me, it's people cracking jokes when their lives are in the balance. It destroys any drama and irrespective of the amount of peril, you know the heros will survive (I'm looking at you 'Attack of the Clones').

I was hoping that this wouldn't be a comedy (from the start).
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Librarians. I don't like Lovibond though she ruined a whole series of Elementary so this isn't for me.

Sounds more like Relic Hunter to me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relic_Hunter
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll end up getting married probably. The water had a distinct lack of crocodiles.