Problems with ipad 3 after iOS 6 update

ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
Forum Member
Anyone else having these issues? I just reset to factory settings and so updated to iOS 6 in an attempt to cure the probs, but now have additional problems. Ipad is still in warranty as was bought in May.

- frequent but intermittent "cannot connect to server" messages when trying to open links within web pages (laptop runs smoothly at same time on same site and have changed router to check, but no difference)
- refusing to open links, just refreshing page I am on. eg guardian website, opens news page but won't open articles
- freezing of mail app in drafts (this happened with iOS 5.1.1 too)
- Apple insanity or my user error? Unable to delete single or multiple photos from camera roll as there's no longer a trash/bin icon and any delete button elicited via 'edit' is greyed out. You have to sync your ipad to a mac on iTunes to delete a photo???!!
- more occasionally, it just quits apps while I'm using them.

I'm taking it to an Apple authorised repairer but they say it has to show these faults when they are testing it or they won't swap it over. I'm not imagining them..anyone else had any of these issues?

Comments

• grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not seen the server errors or web page errors you're describing, I've seen no issues in the mail app, and the Photos app definitely has a trash bin when you're in an individual photo, and when you're in the photos screen I can click edit, highlight individual photos and then hit the delete button.

Are you 6.0 or 6.0.1?
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    thanks Grumpy - I don't know which version iOS6 as ipad is now with the local Apple auth repairer to see if they'll agree to swap it or not.
    I set it back to factory settings and installed the ios 6 just 2 days ago so I'd assume it was the v latest version.
    Can you delete any photos you've synced from your mac, or only those you've taken with the ipad camera or screenshots please?

Apple repairer muttering about how it sounds like a software fault or my settings. Only software that's faulty in that case is their browser Safari as it crashes during web browsing. And settings? I have nothing exotic. Minimal music and photos of my own on iPad since the reinstall. Seems like they're looking for a reason to avoid swapping it, but I'll hold my fire until I hear back from them.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    They reset to factory settings. Said some data transferred to my iPad from my mac may have corrupted it. So far it's a little better, but I've put v little back on it yet. Guardian website won't open links quite often, so have to navigate out and then back in until it works. It mostly misbehaves when web browsing.
    As for the photos, you can't delete any photos synced from your mac any longer. You have to resync with the mac first. This is v annoying, off putting.
    You can only delete photos taken on the ipad, or screen shots, or photos saved from email.