Waking up with random bruises on yourself

Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
Forum Member
✭✭
Most of the time I do have one or two bruises on the body, as I am a little clumsy, but I do bruise easily anyway.

Strangely though, I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and was shocked to see I had a black eye! I don't know how it happend, all I know is that it happend during my sleep. I find it odd though. I would have thought that if I bumped into something, or hit myself in my sleep, the pain/shock would have woken me up.

Does this happen to you sometimes?

Comments

• RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time I do have one or two bruises on the body, as I am a little clumsy, but I do bruise easily anyway.

Strangely though, I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and was shocked to see I had a black eye! I don't know how it happend, all I know is that it happend during my sleep. I find it odd though. I would have thought that if I bumped into something, or hit myself in my sleep, the pain/shock would have woken me up.

Never had a black eye but often wake up with random bruises - this normally co-incides with a night out on the lash mind :p
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Oh god yes, you're talking to the Queen of Unexplained Bruises here. I bruise so easily, when I worked in a police station, one of the girls who worked in the Domestic Violence Unit had a quiet word with me as they were worried about the amount of times I turned up at work with bruises on my arms and legs :o

I just walk into everything, have hit my hand and arm on the office photocopier (a 1000 year old beast of a thing) just about every time I walk past it, and generally will walk into the door frame rather then through the actual space :o

Not had quite the same experience, but on at least three occassions I've woken up needing the loo in the night, and opening the bedroom door have cracked it straight into my face, and woken up the next morning with all, or a combination of, black eyes, swollen nose and cut lips - 'tis a talent I tell you.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do keep your doors locked, don't you.:eek:

Someone might be creeping in and hitting you.
  • BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've had this happen - the only thing I could put it down to was turning over and bashing my face/eye on the bedside cabinet :eek::p .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you sleep with a partner? Do they say you sleepwalk or anything?

Apart from that you must have been thrashing around in the night, having a dream or something.

Unless you hit your eye a few days ago and the bruise has only just come up?
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you sleep with a partner? Do they say you sleepwalk or anything?

Apart from that you must have been thrashing around in the night, having a dream or something.

Unless you hit your eye a few days ago and the bruise has only just come up?

Yes, I do sleep with a partner. I don't sleepwalk, but he does sometimes!

I'm thinking that it's a possibilty that I hit my eye on him, but it didn't wake me up because it got incorporated into a dream that I was having at the time (that I have since forgotten).
  • XXXNaziaXXXXXXNaziaXXX Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them time it will only happen to my legs or arms.
    I to can be clumsy, one time I banged my head on the wall but luckliy you cant see a bruise on a head because you have hair on your head.

I could still feel the horrible bruise though.

Maybe people should not place thier beds near the walls anymore and just have it in the center of the room or somthing. Not that I do because I dont have enough room.
  • ShiftyDundeeShiftyDundee Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Never had a black eye but often wake up with random bruises - this normally co-incides with a night out on the lash mind :p

Me too.
  • MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    If you bruise easily, rubbing your eye hard might have caused the bruising.
    Forum Member
    Thinking about it, years ago at a gig I ended up taking a Doc Martin to the face (there was crowd diving going on), the black eye didn't appear until about 3 days later, so might you have wacked youself a couple of days ago and forgotten about it?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bruised myself during my sleep :o:o
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I bruise really easily too. Sometimes, for instance, if I go to bed with a migraine and manage to fall asleep, I wake up with tiny bruises from my fingers on my forehead where I must have been clutching my head in my sleep.

Never had an unexplained black eye though (only was was from walking into a parking meter and it lasted for ages. My then partner used to get filthy looks every where we went).
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, I bruise really easily too. Sometimes, for instance, if I go to bed with a migraine and manage to fall asleep, I wake up with tiny bruises from my fingers on my forehead where I must have been clutching my head in my sleep.

Never had an unexplained black eye though (only was was from walking into a parking meter and it lasted for ages. My then partner used to get filthy looks every where we went).

Last time I hit myself with the door, big mess on my face, my OH was paranoid about what the neighbours would think - he felt better once I explained they've seen me, amongst other things, fall over on our driveway for no apparent reason, fall off the hopper bus at the end of the road and, rather fantastically, before any alcohol had been drunk, fall off a patio during a barbeque, stand up and promptly trip over a concrete flower pot and cut my leg open :o

Other people might not believe it, but they certainly known I'm completely capable of smacking myself in the face with a door.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I woke up this morning with a random heart shaped bruise on my arm, I've no idea where I managed to get that from though :S.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alien abduction
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I often wake up with bruises and, more worryingly, sometimes I have scratches - which I am completely unaware of doing.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often wake up with bruises and, more worryingly, sometimes I have scratches - which I am completely unaware of doing.

I've never bruised myself, but like you, I seem to wake up everyday with a new scratch. It's mostly my arms that get the damage, no matter how much I cut my nails, I still manage it :confused:.