BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 48)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
Administrator
Janet29 wrote: »
there is....just add random members of their family then they can see them through their FB page
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1710323

Comments

• Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      i didnt want to have first post :eek:

Edit: lunch break over bye for now x
    • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
      Forum Member
      Hi guys - I just typed out a long post and got the message 'sorry this thread is now closed'

I hadn't realised how close to a birthing we were, and was horrified thinking that all the 'off topic' photo talk last night had enraged the mods and they'd closed us down:eek:

Thanks everyone for all your comments, and no halla it doesn't sound pervy at all - if they weren't my sons I'd say the same:cool:

There will be loads more of me and OH when the professional ones come back. The photographer was a guy in his, possibly early 70s, hard to tell exactly, with a 30-ish lady assistant (No Den, it wasn't Paul Daniels and The Lovely Debbie) He's been a fashion photographer among many genres in his career, his portfolio for weddings is most impressive. However, he flirted outrageously with both me and my sister - once he'd chatted to me and got a feel for the day and the family I suppose.

I told him that he could air brush and photo shop my pics as much as he liked, but he said that can be difficult if you end up with the bride looking older than her mother:D

He told me that I shouldn't be concerned as I'm ' a beautiful woman' and when I told OH he said 'well what did you expect him to say, you're a raddled old bat but I'll do my best':D

Still loving Julian by the way and I've only just realised that the eviction is tomorrowt:rolleyes:
    • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
      Forum Member
      Ooo shiney new thread :D

Eviction midweek? :eek: Kewl :cool:

No guesses who'll be going then? ;)
    • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      JoJo4 wrote: »
      Hi guys - I just typed out a long post and got the message 'sorry this thread is now closed'

I hadn't realised how close to a birthing we were, and was horrified thinking that all the 'off topic' photo talk last night had enraged the mods and they'd closed us down:eek:

Thanks everyone for all your comments, and no halla it doesn't sound pervy at all - if they weren't my sons I'd say the same:cool:

There will be loads more of me and OH when the professional ones come back. The photographer was a guy in his, possibly early 70s, hard to tell exactly, with a 30-ish lady assistant (No Den, it wasn't Paul Daniels and The Lovely Debbie) He's been a fashion photographer among many genres in his career, his portfolio for weddings is most impressive. However, he flirted outrageously with both me and my sister - once he'd chatted to me and got a feel for the day and the family I suppose.

I told him that he could air brush and photo shop my pics as much as he liked, but he said that can be difficult if you end up with the bride looking older than her mother:D

He told me that I shouldn't be concerned as I'm ' a beautiful woman' and when I told OH he said 'well what did you expect him to say, you're a raddled old bat but I'll do my best':D

Still loving Julian by the way and I've only just realised that the eviction is tomorrowt
      :rolleyes:

Julian has been great so far. It seems a little soon to be having an eviction doesn't it? I wish this lot were in for longer than 3 weeks.
    • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
      Forum Member
      Doh! Just spent ages panicking because the quote buttons had disappeared and wondering if I had somehow offended someone. It S-L-O-W-L-Y dawned on me that the thread must have been closed, I'm not always terribly bright...:o:p

JoJo, both your daughter's dress and your suit , are stunning!

...and I join Halla in perving over your sons...:o:o
      Forum Member
      minkski wrote: »

You never know, the GBP can be weird about keeping the 'entertaining' HMs in the house - look at Conor:eek:
      TheElf wrote: »
      Julian has been great so far. It seems a little soon to be having an eviction doesn't it? I wish this lot were in for longer than 3 weeks.

I guess it's a week since they went into the house - although I've only been catching up since Sunday so it seems a short time to me.

They're an entertaining bunch to watch so far - I'm waiting for a Julie diva strop:cool:
      Forum Member
      I too am finding Julie and Cheryl tedious.
      I went right off Colleen on launch night when practically the first thing she said was something derogatory about her ex...:rolleyes :Move on, for Heaven's sake, you are both re-married and it was years ago!
      I am (reluctantly) liking Samantha and love Julian....
      Forum Member
      Artemesia wrote: »
      Doh! Just spent ages panicking because the quote buttons had disappeared and wondering if I had somehow offended someone. It S-L-O-W-L-Y dawned on me that the thread must have been closed, I'm not always terribly bright...:o:p

:D feel free, I don't mind 'nice ladies' perving over my babies!
      Forum Member
      I too am finding Julie and Cheryl tedious.
      I went right off Colleen on launch night when practically the first thing she said was something derogatory about her ex...:rolleyes :Move on, for Heaven's sake, you are both re-married and it was years ago!
      I am (reluctantly) liking Samantha and love Julian....

That's interesting because I'm trying to like Samantha, and to judge only what I see in the house, which is how I like to play it, but I can't seem to shake her outrageous statements about herself:rolleyes:

Colleen so far I'm still liking but Cheryl is a bit meh. I'm loving Harvey and Ashley being the men of the house, diffusing situations and jollying along the old birds:cool:
    • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
      Forum Member
      The first items from my rinsing list arrived today. :cool: It works. I mentioned something on the internet and BBM and it appeared like magic via Elfy. :D
      I got these...http://www.ringtons.co.uk/homeware-c11/ringtons-rosy-lee-earl-grey-salt-pepper-set-p112 and de-caf teabags.
    • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      minkski wrote: »

Yes a brand new thread, how exciting :D

I dont really like midweek evictions but i guess they have a short space of time to get them all done and they will have been in there a week, so it was inevitable. What interests me is that with another eviction on friday, when will the hms nom - or will there be any noms?!

Anyway back to tomorrow and Jasmine must be fav to go, i think Rhian will pick up the get-jasmine-out votes from people who dont particularly like her either but want J out before she goes totally bonkers! - its basically a vote to evict when two are up anyway.
      Forum Member

I thought i was banned too because this time the thread has gone very quickly and I thought it couldn't possibly be changeover time. :D

JoJo, what was the colour description for your suit? It was quite unusual and lovely. (If you had got it from QVC it would have been called banana :p)
      That's interesting because I'm trying to like Samantha, and to judge only what I see in the house, which is how I like to play it, but I can't seem to shake her outrageous statements about herself:rolleyes:

Colleen so far I'm still liking but Cheryl is a bit meh. I'm loving Harvey and Ashley being the men of the house, diffusing situations and jollying along the old birds:cool:
      I think Harvey is a busybody that says his piece too late and only to puff himself up.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Nor me - I find myself judging & scrutinising every aspect of her appearance and clothing. Which isn't something I'd normally do & although she has invited it with her columns, I feel terrible because she does actually seem quite nice.

I absolutely cannot stand people who butt in unnecessarily, both Colleen & Harvey have done this so I'm finding it very hard to like them. Although Colleen has been nowhere near as annoying as I thought she'd be.
      You never know, the GBP can be weird about keeping the 'entertaining' HMs in the house - look at Conor:eek:

I guess it's a week since they went into the house - although I've only been catching up since Sunday so it seems a short time to me.

They're an entertaining bunch to watch so far - I'm waiting for a Julie diva strop:cool:

I really hope Rhian goes - she brings absolutely nothing to the house.

Gosh yes it has been a week hasn't it? It's flown by. I'm enjoying this much more than BB13.
    • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Originally Posted by Janet
      *cough cough* there was a gap between mine :p

I know Janet but didnt twig - I need these things spelt out to me though :D Thanks anyway just put it down to me being a bit slow :D
      Forum Member
      Nor me - I find myself judging & scrutinising every aspect of her appearance and clothing. Which isn't something I'd normally do & although she has invited it with her columns, I feel terrible because she does actually seem quite nice.

I absolutely cannot stand people who butt in unnecessarily, both Colleen & Harvey have done this so I'm finding it very hard to like them. Although Colleen has been nowhere near as annoying as I thought she'd be.

Gosh yes it has been a week hasn't it? It's flown by. I'm enjoying this much more than BB13.

Jasmine is chief butter in. She had nothing to do with the Ashley thing, and has practically handed over her place to Rhian.
      Forum Member
      The first items from my rinsing list arrived today. :cool: It works. I mentioned something on the internet and BBM and it appeared like magic via Elfy. :D
      I got these...http://www.ringtons.co.uk/homeware-c11/ringtons-rosy-lee-earl-grey-salt-pepper-set-p112 and de-caf teabags.

I want a rinsing list too in that case!
      I thought i was banned too because this time the thread has gone very quickly and I thought it couldn't possibly be changeover time. :D

JoJo, what was the colour description for your suit? It was quite unusual and lovely. (If you had got it from QVC it would have been called banana :p)

I think Harvey is a busybody that says his piece too late and only to puff himself up.

It's called 'cappuccino' which isn't as off as 'banana' but the lining of the camisole and skirt have a slight bluey purple tinge which is why I chose the colour for the accessories. I'm guessing that if you were shy and retiring you could have added cream or coffee and brought out the other colours, the ones on the surface as it were!

A few years ago when I went to stay with K in London, she and I were lazing around watching daytime QVC and they were showing a longish T shirt. You know how they have to go on for ages finding thigs to say about one item, and they informed us that it had small slits by the hem at each side 'to enable easy movement' We both fell about, marvelling at this wonderful technology to enable us to walk nicely in a T shirt!! Even now if anyone mentions 'slits or vents at the side' we still giggle:D
      Forum Member

Yes, the devil in me would like Jasmine to stay, I can't see Rhian setting the show on fire:rolleyes:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Jasmine is chief butter in. She had nothing to do with the Ashley thing, and has practically handed over her place to Rhian.

Well Rhian at least spoke to Jasmine about it. That's more involvement than some of the other housemates who butted in.

She is a bit of a gob almighty though isn't she? I don't know if it particularly kind to tell Ashley that Rhian felt she had no need to apologise etc. But I am dubious about the editing, it was all so choppy and conversations were being referred to that weren't broadcast (to my knowledge).
    • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

I have a feeling she is just being very careful what she does and doesnt say and what conversations she enters into, ever wary that if she puts a foot wrong she will get it in the neck from her detractors. She is not backwards in coming forwards though is she, almost as if she was pitching for her own yoga tv show when she did her little talent piece, even Julie said to Julian what was that all about.
      Forum Member
      I want a rinsing list too in that case!

It's called 'cappuccino' which isn't as off as 'banana' but the lining of the camisole and skirt have a slight bluey purple tinge which is why I chose the colour for the accessories. I'm guessing that if you were shy and retiring you could have added cream or coffee and brought out the other colours, the ones on the surface as it were!

A few years ago when I went to stay with K in London, she and I were lazing around watching daytime QVC and they were showing a longish T shirt. You know how they have to go on for ages finding thigs to say about one item, and they informed us that it had small slits by the hem at each side 'to enable easy movement' We both fell about, marvelling at this wonderful technology to enable us to walk nicely in a T shirt!! Even now if anyone mentions 'slits or vents at the side' we still giggle:D

I like the way they pass off polyester as "easy care, wash and wear" :D Or "it will never crease and takes up no room in your suitcase" if something is gossamer thin nylon and completely see-through.

Oh gosh. Anyone stumbling across the first page will think i am a gold digging trollop. :o:o:o
      Forum Member
      Well Rhian at least spoke to Jasmine about it. That's more involvement than some of the other housemates who butted in.

She is a bit of a gob almighty though isn't she? I don't know if it particularly kind to tell Ashley that Rhian felt she had no need to apologise etc. But I am dubious about the editing, it was all so choppy and conversations were being referred to that weren't broadcast (to my knowledge).
      The morning conversation they referred too was on a long and boring clip. In brief, Rhian did say what Jasmine said, and it wasn't twisted much at all, yet Jasmine came off worse for upsetting Ashley when there was no need.
      I have a feeling she is just being very careful what she does and doesnt say and what conversations she enters into, ever wary that if she puts a foot wrong she will get it in the neck from her detractors. She is not backwards in coming forwards though is she, almost as if she was pitching for her own yoga tv show when she did her little talent piece, even Julie said to Julian what was that all about.
      And my first thought was "you are too old and ugly to have a television show"
      Mary Beard must have had a field day.
      Forum Member
      I like the way they pass off polyester as "easy care, wash and wear" :D Or "it will never crease and takes up no room in your suitcase" if something is gossamer thin nylon and completely see-through.

Oh gosh. Anyone stumbling across the first page will think i am a gold digging trollop. :o:o:o

They don't mention that it also makes you sweat in a most unladylike manner and clings to your body!!

We were talking about Brentford Nylons last week - do you have that store oop north? Who ever decided it was the latest thing to sleep in nylon sheets, either brushed or otherwise:eek:
      Forum Member
      They don't mention that it also makes you sweat in a most unladylike manner and clings to your body!!

We were talking about Brentford Nylons last week - do you have that store oop north? Who ever decided it was the latest thing to sleep in nylon sheets, either brushed or otherwise:eek:

Yes. We had brushed nylon sheets for five minutes when I was a child.
      With my brushed nylon jumpsuit pyjamas it was like velcro until i struggled free and was electrocuted.. :D
      Anyone older than fifty would thrash housemates in the electrocution tasks. It was a way of life for us. :p
      Forum Member

With my brushed nylon jumpsuit pyjamas it was like velcro until i struggled free and was electrocuted.. :D
      Anyone older than fifty would thrash housemates in the electrocution tasks. It was a way of life for us. :p

My (first) wedding night certainly saw sparks fly, mainly because our hotel bed had the 'latest' fitted nylon sheets and I had a lovely little nylon negligee. I expect my new hubby was wearing a nylon shirt too as his mum thought they were wonderful. ** shudders **. I ditched the lot as soon as we were married, ghastly things!
      I wouldn't have the nylon sheets either but had to suffer them when we stayed with MIL. They went all bobbly in the wash too, it was like sleeping on grit....:p:p
      These were really expensive as I remember ~
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HUGeDrJB3U
      Forum Member

:D
      My (first) wedding night certainly saw sparks fly, mainly because our hotel bed had the 'latest' fitted nylon sheets and I had a lovely little nylon negligee. I expect my new hubby was wearing a nylon shirt too as his mum thought they were wonderful. ** shudders **. I ditched the lot as soon as we were married, ghastly things!
      I wouldn't have the nylon sheets either but had to suffer them when we stayed with MIL. They went all bobbly in the wash too, it was like sleeping on grit....:p:p
      These were really expensive as I remember ~
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HUGeDrJB3U

I remember the shirts, and they weren't cheap!

I don't think I ever had any nylong sheets but my mum did and she thought they were great, dry before you knew it! We weaned her off them fairly quickly though - they were either bright yellow or purple as far as I recall:cool:

It's not really long in the scheme of things from that, to fighting to see who can produce the highest thread count in cotton sheets:rolleyes:
    This discussion has been closed.