ios7 download..

Comments

• nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    I, initially had a battery issue and could see it daring before my eyes. I read somewhere that turning on airplane mode, powering down, restarting and then turning Airplane mode off helps.

Seems crazy, but I did it and no mote battery drain.

Okay, I'll give that a go. Reporting back from earlier in this thread, turning off as much as possible resulted in an overnight drain of 4% as opposed to 6%, so I'm hoping the fix you found works for me, too.
  • bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the latest Ipad,and have downloaded iOS 7. Where do I now find my web browsing history?
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    On an iPad at the top of the screen to the immediate right of the unified search box there is a stylised picture of a book. Tap that and you'll get presented with a list - favourites, history, bookmarks - it's the second one down.
  • PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next question - how do I get a blank page up in Safari without having to resort to going to favourites and then google? Used to be so easy with a little 'new page' button on the left now I can see no easy way of doing it!

Help
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Press the large + symbol in the top right.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have downloaded the new ios7 for my ipad and find that when I want to copy part of an email I can no longer paste it into another app which is pretty irritating! Also how can I quickly search for apps, this feature seems to be well hidden!
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swipe one finger downwards on the home screen. If you swipe from the very top it will reveal the notifications dialogue but if you swipe from about the half way point it will reveal the search dialogue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On an iPad at the top of the screen to the immediate right of the unified search box there is a stylised picture of a book. Tap that and you'll get presented with a list - favourites, history, bookmarks - it's the second one down.

Thanks for that.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notin wrote: »
    I have downloaded the new ios7 for my ipad and find that when I want to copy part of an email I can no longer paste it into another app which is pretty irritating! Also how can I quickly search for apps, this feature seems to be well hidden!
    Copying and pasting seems OK here.

Just select the text you want to copy. (Hold, Drag Handles round text, Tap Copy). Then open whatever app, hold and tap Paste.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Is there a way of switching between apps like it was on ios6?
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    If you have multi tasking gestures switched on, a four finger swipe, left or right should do it. You don't need to twist your hand just rest your fingers on the screen naturally, then swipe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must be missing a trick here. My 'book' shows BOOKMARKS READING LIST and SHARED LINKS. No history.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    IMessage not working on Ipad since IOS7 download. Working fine on Iphone.

Tried to send a message but it won't deliver it.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying is when you scroll up towards the bottom off the screen you more often than not bring up the volume menu thing.
    Forum Member
    By George it works!

The posting from Dan Sette, informing that power drain could be curbed by turning on airplane mode, powering down, restarting and then turning Airplane mode off again, does the trick.

At 10pm last night my iPad4 was charged to 100%, and 9 hours of stand-by later, this had dropped to 99%, not perfect but near as damn it.
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By George it works!

The posting from Dan Sette, informing that power drain could be curbed by turning on airplane mode, powering down, restarting and then turning Airplane mode off again, does the trick.

At 10pm last night my iPad4 was charged to 100%, and 9 hours of stand-by later, this had dropped to 99%, not perfect but near as damn it.

My iPad 3 - I was 93% at 8 am have just looked at e-mails during the day and one or two calculations on the Calculater App. and I'm still 93%.
    Perhaps the calibration is up the spout.
    Forum Member
    Lysandar wrote: »
    My iPad 3 - I was 93% at 8 am have just looked at e-mails during the day and one or two calculations on the Calculater App. and I'm still 93%.
    Perhaps the calibration is up the spout.

Maybe. All I can really add is that my second try at charging to 100% then leaving the iPad4 overnight in stand-by resulted in 100% charge remaining 9.5 hours later! Just like it used to be with IOS6.

So hopefully your device will also 'get used' to IOS7.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just downloaded it and hate it

I hate the icons at the top
    I hate the look of the keypad
    It is all so ........boring and " beige" looking, actually it's fifty shades of gray :cry:
    I want my old
    settings back
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the way they have messed about with it. The newsstand looks horrible on it.
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the way they have messed about with it. The newsstand looks horrible on it.

No worries, why not do what the rest of us do and dump the horrible looking icons/apps into a Forget folder, then find better ones in the App Store. Sorted. ;)
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new 'look' has grown on me surprisingly quickly, the sluggish keyboard issue is barely noticeable.

My video files are still a mess with iCloud mixed in with downloaded files and duplication of TV series as separate files, with as I say both iCloud and stored content not separate, plus at least one video I am certain was stored has gone to iCloud in both duplicated folders.

I am still not sure about
    Forum Member
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Apple strike again.

Having 'cured' the battery drain problem mentioned earlier in this thread, a small update to IOS 7 has set things back to square one!

I'm now seeing a 7% drain from 100% overnight (approx 8 hours), which is not good enough. Tried the trick with Airplane Mode, and this time it doesn't work.

So, has anyone else encountered this, and better yet, found a fix?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the new software download I'm having to log into sites every time, Digital Spy included. What has changed,as I never had to before.
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bampsam wrote: »
    Since the new software download I'm having to log into sites every time, Digital Spy included. What has changed,as I never had to before.

Is Passcode Lock enabled? I find if it isn't it won't store passwords.

I've turned my iPad 4 off for now and it's going to sit in the drawer until Apple release an incremental update that irons out some of the bugs... I've had enough of lag! :mad:
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    I was quite surprised they decided to release iOS 7 on the iPad 2, especially given the fact it is seeming to push the capabilities of the hardware.

I wonder how many people will land up wishing they stayed with 6.1.3?

I think we can safely assume that this is the last major release for the iPad 2.

I loved my iPad until I downloaded iOS 7, hate the wishy washy back colour, hate the fonts and really hate the way it has made my browsing sluggish and that I now seemingly have to pin protect the pad and enter the code every time I lift the protector up!
    Really wish that I had not downloaded it now and that I could remove it.
    Thanks for nothing Apple, cannot afford to replace my 2 at the moment so am stuck with something that I loathe:(

Anyone know how to turn off the PIN number thing?