Options

Nokia 6500 Slide Sound issues?

Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,
I bought a Nokia 6500 Slide out of CPW last Saturday and the sound is really muffled and sometimes sounds like someone is talking at one end of a pipe and the phones at the other end making it sound weird.

Everything else is perfect just that, I am annoyed because every phone i seem to get has at least one problem not too sure if its because i'm quite picky lol but if i'm paying £230+ for a phone then i'd expect it to be perfect.

I am going to take it back and have ordered a Sony Ericsson K810i from my catalogue but before I take my phone back is there anything i can do to sort out the problems?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I bought a Nokia 6500 Slide out of CPW last Saturday and the sound is really muffled and sometimes sounds like someone is talking at one end of a pipe and the phones at the other end making it sound weird.

Everything else is perfect just that, I am annoyed because every phone i seem to get has at least one problem not too sure if its because i'm quite picky lol but if i'm paying £230+ for a phone then i'd expect it to be perfect.

I am going to take it back and have ordered a Sony Ericsson K810i from my catalogue but before I take my phone back is there anything i can do to sort out the problems?

Some reviews :

Reviewed by Mr green from uk on 3rd Dec 2007
    On my forth nokia 9500 slide this month. Nobody can hear me when i am talking and I can't hear them. Costing me alot of money on a contract I can't use ( no point using it when nobody can hear me ! )All I'm offered is the same replacement phone...........Waste of time and money, don't bother.
    Rating:

Reviewer: Hannah - Bristol, UK
    Date: 17th Dec 2007

Like many others I have too been having problems with this phone, I have had it less than 72 hours & noticed immediately that the line seems to crackle a lot & also that the call slide activation mode has a significant delay in answering a call.

Other than this I really like the phone itself, just wished theses two problems were sorted, Oh & it's just been deemed with a fault by Orange so it has to go back!

Reviewer: Keith - Wokingham, UK
    Date: 9th Dec 2007

Had the phone a month now, if everything worked as its supposed to it would be great but it does not! When trying to text the buttons freeze, the screen sometimes freezes. The phone cuts me off in the middle of calls. People on the other end can't hear me, although I can hear them clearly. People on the other end complain of a crackle noise. Got to change it once & see if it improves, if not going back to the 8800 which was spot on.

Many more reviews similar. Obviously a design fault. Try doing what i said with the update and if it does not work, return it.
  • Options
    booiebooie Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    have you tried going into the call settings and turning the voice clarity on? i personally think this is an excellent phone have not had any problems with mine, sound or otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i've updated the software on the Nokia website and connected the phone by USB to update it and have tried Voice Clarity on. Will just take it back today btw is the N81 8GB a good phone?
  • Options
    booiebooie Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    the n81 looks a good phone but if your looking at somthing like that u may as well go for the mighty N95 (the swiss army knife of phones)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    N95 has alot of issues i've heard, I went to the shop today and they replaced it with the same one but the sound like someones talking through a fish tank has gone but it can still be muffled like when ur telly is too loud but i suppose i'll put up with it.