Options

Charlie cat not well again (update)

frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
Forum Member
I've posted several time about my cat Charlie.

Quick recap: he's a rescue cat, somewhere over 11yrs old but but not sure of age. He has had crystals in urine before so has been on special diet food (pellets). After 3 ops we finally thought we had his bottom problem sorted (first they said blocked anal gland, then it got infected, then they said possible tumour hence biopsy, then turns out it was anal hernia). He's been on normal Whiskas Senior as he's had to take painkillers and lactulose as a liquid on his food. He now refuses to go to the loo outside (psychological we think due to trauma) so we got him a litter tray which is a bit of a hit and miss affair!

He's finished the lactulose after his last post-op check-up (2wks ago) and back on his diet pellets but we have had the same problems start again. Him in pain, and now the bulge is back where his anal hernia was.

I'm playing how he is by ear each day, but I know we'll eventually end back at the vets where it'll be an end of life situation. I'm not prepared to put him thru another op (the last one to repair the hernia was only 4wks ago) when it's not working.

I just thought I'd update for all those FMs who took the time to give me advice and help along the way. And to say a big thanks once again.

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't really know what to say to you but we are thinking of you and never give up on him >^..^<
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really know what to say to you but we are thinking of you and never give up on him >^..^<

All the best fom all cat lovers.