Options

Top Gear (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily Mail reporting today that Matt LeBlac is to return as the lead presenter of Top Gear, just a few minor contractual details to finalise first.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3735553/Matt-LeBlanc-set-return-main-Gear-host-15m-pay-packet.html
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am quite a new viewer of Top Gear (started with series 19) and want to catch up with what I missed. I have started getting the series DVDs, I've got 10,11,13,14 and they were all about £9 each, but I want season 12 and at the same place I got the others it's £26. Why is this season so much more expensive than the others?
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave is showing the new Top Gear next week. Very quick.
  • Options
    skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite surprised that nearly 2hrs after this was published no one had posted about it, but MLB has been confirmed for 2 more series along side Rory & Chris with Sabine & Eddie making occasional appearances too. Maybe it's a sign of how much people are still interested in Top Gear!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37470962
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting Rory and nice Chris 'up front' should work really well. I think if it doesn't work out next time it will be the fault of MLB.

Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    peteroutpeterout Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    MLB as main host should work out well. In the last series he was good in most of the filmed inserts but looked increasingly uncomfortable in the studio besides CE. With CE gone hopefully he will relax a bit. The other Chris and Rory deserve a bigger role in the main show I think so it remains to be seen how they interact with Matt. I wish them luck!
    Haven't decided yet whether to fork out for Amazon Prime so I can watch GT - hopefully it will turn up on a regular tv channel eventually, Dave maybe?
  • Options
    skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peterout wrote: »
    MLB as main host should work out well. In the last series he was good in most of the filmed inserts but looked increasingly uncomfortable in the studio besides CE. With CE gone hopefully he will relax a bit. The other Chris and Rory deserve a bigger role in the main show I think so it remains to be seen how they interact with Matt. I wish them luck!
    Haven't decided yet whether to fork out for Amazon Prime so I can watch GT - hopefully it will turn up on a regular tv channel eventually, Dave maybe?

Wait for all episodes to air, then take up the month free trial!
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can pay for Prime monthly now can't you? Personally, I find it good value because I order a lot from Amazon (tempting with free delivery!) and now watch an awful lot of TV on Amazon too.
    skinj wrote: »
    Wait for all episodes to air, then take up the month free trial!

Good tip!
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think this will be fine. We saw a taster of it in the last episode of Extra Gear which had Matt, Chris, Rory and Sabine chatting away together, laughing and joking very naturally. There seemed to be some chemistry and the banter came across as genuine.

They're bound to feel that much more comfortable in each other's company anyway with the first series under their belts. No doubt the producers will have seen the camaraderie developing and removing Mr Evans' ego from the equation will clearly help matters given everything that's been said in the wake of series 1.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think that, with hindsight, that the BBC should have just sold the TG rights to CMH/Amazon? It seems to me that they basically are the show; it's about three bickering, immature friends who indulge in their car fantasies.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a trailer on the Top gear Facebook page for the new series.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see there was a trailer for the new series on BBC1 after Pointless Celebrities.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting.

Tempted to say that line up may have a chance of working.

Put it this way... I didn't think it looked terrible. Worth a watch of episode 1. I'm much more open to this series than I was the last one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Tempted to say that line up may have a chance of working.

Put it this way... I didn't think it looked terrible. Worth a watch of episode 1. I'm much more open to this series than I was the last one.

Evans was such an overpowering presence that it made it almost impossible for many people to watch the first rebooted series. Hopefully the new line-up will be a bit more laid back, wry and low key. It might work a bit better. I'll certainly give the first few episodes a go.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NiT3NCqAS4

Doesn't show a lot but I'm looking forward to it a bit more now Evans isn't in it.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good.

Should fill the void with Grand tour is off the screens.
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's just going to focus on those three, then it has a chance, but it depends whether they make the challenges and road trips worthwhile, and whether they have addressed the issues with the over-long SIARC segment.

It will be worth watching the first few episodes to see how much of the criticism of the first series they have taken on board.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Oh that looks good so far :) I am really looking forward to this now Evans isn't in it.

While I have enjoyed some of TGT, its just been too OTT in many places, and not being able to watch it with my son was disappointing, TG had been something we had all watched as a family. TGT just went overboard with the adult content IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Oh that looks good so far :) I am really looking forward to this now Evans isn't in it.

While I have enjoyed some of TGT, its just been too OTT in many places, and not being able to watch it with my son was disappointing, TG had been something we had all watched as a family. TGT just went overboard with the adult content IMO.

I agree that The Grand Tour was a little more smutty than Top Gear - but I didn't feel it was that bad. How old's your son?
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the trailer with a start date added. 5th March it is....
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,228
    Forum Member
    Bumping this for the re-relaunch tonight.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 05/03/17 - 19:51 #1848
    I'm actually looking forward to it, unlike the last series.
  • Options
    Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    " the fxxk has more lightness" !!
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A car that comes with its' own pit crew? Wow.
  • Options
    EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,872
    Forum Member
    I'm sooo happy that they got rid of Chris Evans and that the producers listened to veiws and promoted Rory and Chris to the front. 5 minuets in and this much better.