Options

Why.....?

PyRoMaNiAcPyRoMaNiAc Posts: 417
Forum Member
Do the judges say the singers were so good, but they didn't turn round? Hypocrites!

Comments

• Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,378
    Forum Member
    PyRoMaNiAc wrote: »
    Do the judges say the singers were so good, but they didn't turn round? Hypocrites!

Because they weren't good enough for them to actually turn around. Plus they obviously want the best on their teams so will have to turn away some good singers. As Tom said a few times, he doesn't know where he could help a certain singer however good they are - something which is also important.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Because they weren't good enough for them to actually turn around. Plus they obviously want the best on their teams so will have to turn away some good singers. As Tom said a few times, he doesn't know where he could help a certain singer however good they are - something which is also important.

This is why they probably did'nt put the classical singer through as none of them are involved with that genre of music.
  • Options
    dipsyblondedipsyblonde Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    This is why they probably did'nt put the classical singer through as none of them are involved with that genre of music.

Let's say for argument there were 50,000 initial auditions and they narrow it down to around 100/150 singers for the blinds. The problem the coaches face is that there are no 'poor' singers and they don't know what's coming up next. The coaches don't want to fill their teams with 'good' singers and find they miss out on some exceptional ones. All we can expect of the coaches is to turn for performers that they feel an emotional connection with or who they can see a lot of potential in and, with their coaching, can improve.

I thought the girl who sang the operatic aria was fantastic but if I were a coach I just couldn't have turned for her.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's say for argument there were 50,000 initial auditions and they narrow it down to around 100/150 singers for the blinds. The problem the coaches face is that there are no 'poor' singers and they don't know what's coming up next. The coaches don't want to fill their teams with 'good' singers and find they miss out on some exceptional ones. All we can expect of the coaches is to turn for performers that they feel an emotional connection with or who they can see a lot of potential in and, with their coaching, can improve.

I thought the girl who sang the operatic aria was fantastic but if I were a coach I just couldn't have turned for her.

Good points made here, as judging from the first two shows all of the contestants have been of a decent standard, and they cant go filling all of their teams up too quickly.