My cat's walked out after meeting the new pup.

yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
Forum Member
✭✭
I had hoped to introduce Chloe to Baxter the puppy in the right way, with a child gate between them. Unfortunately Chloe jumped in through the window just minutes after Baxter had arrived home, took one look at him and legged it. That was over a week ago and no sight of the cat. Then tonight I spotted him on the garden fence. He meowed at me when I called him but wouldn't come any closer. Now he's gone again. I've put some food out on the step but we have a rat problem at present and I don't want that to get worse.

I'm glad he seems ok and hasnt starved in the last week. Hopefully he has some other houses he eats at, but I do wish he'd come home. The irony is that Baxter has met other cats in the garden this week and been absolutely fine with them. But Chloe has always been the nervous type.

If I do manage to catch him in the next few days does anyone have any tips on dog/cat introductions? I can put Baxter in the kitchen with the childgate between them and feed chloe in another room, but just getting him to come in in the first place (chloe is a boy btw) is proving impossible.