Options

~*~ Gossip Girl Thread ~*~

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Mr. Chips wrote: »
    ITV2 don't normally repeat full seasons of Gossip Girl so they will just continue with the second half of season 4. I think a big reason for this is that Gossip Girl's DVD sales and internet downloads are huge.

What is the point in showing half a season of a show?!

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No!!! :(
    Chuck got shot

:(:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second half of Season 4 of Gossip Girl returns to ITV2 on 2nd February at 8pm.

So, it's back next week, am really excited but am a bit apprehensive about the new coupling that I've heard about
    Dan/Blair

Hopefully, it won't be too weird.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    The second half of Season 4 of Gossip Girl returns to ITV2 on 2nd February at 8pm.

So, it's back next week, am really excited but am a bit apprehensive about the new coupling that I've heard about
    Dan/Blair

so excited for the new coupling :D it was back in the US this week and i watched it yesterday, so obvious something is going to happen between them. but it's gonna be interesting to see what happens when the likes of Chuck and Serena find out :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dan/Blair

That doesn't sound right at all - her being romantic with him?!:D
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the possibility of a Dan/Blair pairing, my favourite characters!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    samcains90 wrote: »
    I'm loving the possibility of a Dan/Blair pairing, my favourite characters!

WHAT!?! :eek: no! That's wrong in so many ways!

I'm gonna wait until the boxset is released as ITV2 only show half a season :rolleyes: what's the use in that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to Gossip Girl in its break, it's become brilliant! I have to say, when I first heard about Dan/Blair I thought it would be really awful, but their scenes have been the best things about the episodes. They have so much chemistry with one another and they are really funny together; they're bitching and pretend dislike of one another always makes me laugh.

Also, am I the only one really hoping than Eric/Damien actually become a couple. I know it won't happen, but they look really good together and Eric has been harshly underused for the past 4 seasons; he deserves his own storyline.
  • Options
    chrisagw4chrisagw4 Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be the only one but I feel that Gossip Girl is now lacking without Little J.

I know she is probably the 'most hated' character on the show but I feel like Gossip Girl is now missing something, or at least having very unrealistic writing.

For example, Jenny and Eric were the best of friends, and even though the had their problems, when she left they were on good terms, so if he was having problems or needing someone to talk to he would contact her, not her drug-dealing ex-boyfriend he once told her to avoid.

Also the Dan, Rufus relationship hasn't been seen that much this series and I feel that is because they both aren't being pulled together by having to watch out for her, and I loved the Humphrey's as a close family unit.

Also.. Only read if want to know spoilers..
    Reading spoilers/info for the next couple of episodes Jenny doesn't seem to have returned, if she has there is no mention(maybe to keep it a surprise, but then also there is no pictures of Taylor on set either.) My point however is that one of the upcomming episodes is featured around Eric's 18th birthday, going back to my earlier point, they were/are best friends, so the fact that Jenny won't turn up for his birthday celebrations is shocking and stupid.

However, I know that it isn't the writers fault, but maybe they could have tried to make Taylor's absence work better..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's episode was so great! The Dan/Blair storyline is getting even better. The ending was so cute and I can't believe I'm going to say this but I think that if they got together, I'll like them more than Chuck/Blair :eek:

I also like the way that they're slowly giving more time/a story to Eric. He's been so underused in the past four seasons, his main job only being a supporting character to Jenny; the new story with him and Damien seems very dark and intriguing.

I can't wait for next week's episode, though! It looks like it's going to be amazing from the trailer, especially as it's the last episode before a six week break :(. I hate all the breaks Gossip Girl has every single year! It's so annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    next Monday's episode is the last one for 6 weeks :(
  • Options
    Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This second half of season 4 has been really boring. I'm sick of all this business talk about Chuck's empire. I agree with other comments about the show lacking Taylor's presence as Jenny. The show seems to be becoming less about Gossip Girl. Her blog hasn't been featured in any storylines recently.

Does anyone else struggle to understand what Chuck is saying? I've heard lots of people in the press saying he is a good actor, but all I hear is him mumbling every line.
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is anyone else pissed off with what they did nate and serena? it was there from episode one!, i cannot stand dan/serena. where is all this dan is perfect and perfect for serena coming from. even if nate and serena don't end up together, they need some closure or at least some scenes they are friends aren't they?? sorry if there are dan/serena fans, hopefully there are some nate/serena who get where i'm coming from.
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's episode was so great! The Dan/Blair storyline is getting even better. The ending was so cute and I can't believe I'm going to say this but I think that if they got together, I'll like them more than Chuck/Blair :eek:

I also like the way that they're slowly giving more time/a story to Eric. He's been so underused in the past four seasons, his main job only being a supporting character to Jenny; the new story with him and Damien seems very dark and intriguing.

I can't wait for next week's episode, though! It looks like it's going to be amazing from the trailer, especially as it's the last episode before a six week break :(. I hate all the breaks Gossip Girl has every single year! It's so annoying.
    I thought that I would love a Dan/Blair coupling but the end of Wednesday's episode made me think that he's more of a brother to her. I gave a huge "awwwwwwwwwwwww" at them watching the film together. :D:p

I also love Eric and agree that he has been underused, and I too am intriuged by Damien.

The breaks.. grrr! :mad:
    Mr. Chips wrote: »
    This second half of season 4 has been really boring. I'm sick of all this business talk about Chuck's empire. I agree with other comments about the show lacking Taylor's presence as Jenny. The show seems to be becoming less about Gossip Girl. Her blog hasn't been featured in any storylines recently.

Does anyone else struggle to understand what Chuck is saying? I've heard lots of people in the press saying he is a good actor, but all I hear is him mumbling every line.

I actually like the storyline of Chuck's empire, it shows that he wants to keep his father's legacy and that he isn't just the guy who sleeps with all the women.

I don't miss Jenny, though I did actually think how strange Ed Westwick's voice is as I watched on Wednesday. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss Jenny, though I did actually think how strange Ed Westwick's voice is as I watched on Wednesday. :confused:

I can understand everything that Chuck says, although he does have a strange voice, but it's one of the things that makes Chuck, Chuck. Ed's British accent freaks me out, though, as I didn't even realise he was British until part way through the second season! I think it's because he'll always be Chuck to me.

I do need to ask about the whole Vanessa thing, how random was that tonight! No-one talks about her for the past 5/6 episodes and then she randomly turns up for 5 minutes! Did she leave GG or did the producers write her out for a bit? Do I have to worry about her getting a permanent role again? I have to say I didn't miss her when she was gone, it actually made the show better.

Oh yeah, I was a bit wrong with my info, we have one more episode on ITV2 then no episode until part way through April :mad::(:cry:. I don't know how I'm going to last that long without Gossip Girl, it's become my one unmissable show.
  • Options
    Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do need to ask about the whole Vanessa thing, how random was that tonight! No-one talks about her for the past 5/6 episodes and then she randomly turns up for 5 minutes! Did she leave GG or did the producers write her out for a bit? Do I have to worry about her getting a permanent role again? I have to say I didn't miss her when she was gone, it actually made the show better.QUOTE]

Vanessa - 'Jessica Szohr' has been filming her role in CSI during her Gossip Girl hiatus. Unfortunately, it looks like she'll be coming back semi-permanently at the very least. I do agree with you though, the show is better without her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just looked online to pre-order the 4th season before finding out that it isn't released until August! :eek:

I think I'll wait a while.
  • Options
    KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to give up on Gossip Girl. Loved it in the first two seasons, still liked it in the third and have just been gradually losing interest in it. It seems to be the same storylines rehashed over and over again. :(

Also agree that it's suffering for the lack of Jenny and I wasn't even a fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's episode was AMAZING! It was classic Gossip Girl. The ending was so great, such a cliffhanger. I love how they've slowly shown the growing relationship between Dan and Blair; it's completely different to how they did the Chuck/Vanessa thing. Also, I can't believe how easily I've become a Dan/Blair shipper even though I always thought I'd be a hardcore Chuck/Blair shipper until the end of the show.

Also, I really like Raina and her and Nate make a really good couple together. I hope she becomes a permanent character on the show.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I love Eric!
    Also love Dan/Blair:D
    Although I do wish the series was more like the books.
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Ah, Dan and Blair. Amazing. The promo for the next episode is up on youtube, I nearly freaked out.

And this thread is very funny, with mimicole's spoiler comments about things that happened years ago! :D mimicole, I would recommend finding the episodes online. August is so far away. Plus the buildup to the next 5 episodes on the Internet is great right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emma555 wrote: »
    Ah, Dan and Blair. Amazing. The promo for the next episode is up on youtube, I nearly freaked out.

And this thread is very funny, with mimicole's spoiler comments about things that happened years ago! :D mimicole, I would recommend finding the episodes online. August is so far away. Plus the buildup to the next 5 episodes on the Internet is great right now.

I've watched that promo so many times and I still freak out every time I watch it!
    That one kiss changed me!:eek::eek::)

Btw, Blair is the girl in the pink dress kissing Dan, right? It's hard to see who that is.

God, I'm so excited, only 3 weeks to go!
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I've watched that promo so many times and I still freak out every time I watch it!

Have you seen the extended promo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWCtAdAJY-g

If not, you are in for a treat.
    And yes, I am nearly 100% sure it is Blair!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has season 4 finished yet? I haven't seen any of it. I'm waiting for the DVD to watch it all

I'm re-watching season 2 at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Has season 4 finished yet? I haven't seen any of it. I'm waiting for the DVD to watch it all

I'm re-watching season 2 at the moment.

No, We're still waiting for the last 5 episodes (I think). It'll be back on April 18th/21st probably in the UK. You could try and catch up, although, I think we've all spoilt it for you, especially the biggest twist in S4!