Options

Is Nashville any good

Comments

• Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd mistaken Hayden Panettiere in the trailers for Miley Cyrus! The apparent casting of Miley made sense to me, considering that she is a singing Nashville native, and I'd presumed that this was her attempt to do a more "mature" role. Ha. If I hadn't looked up the programme on Wikipedia, I'd have been in for a surprise during the opening credits!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    With the programme being suitable for all ages i expect that the 7pm on sunday showing won`t require any editing so i think i`ll watch it then.

Me too. There's stuff all else on then. It could make nice Sunday evening viewing.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this, dont normally watch TV shows unless they are in HD but will make an exception for this. Just hope its not something along the style and format of Glee which IMO is dire.

A strange attitude to take - not watching a show just because it's not in HD?

I love HD too, but if it's not in HD I would still watch it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been keeping up with it since it started in the US, can't wait for it to start here so I can watch it all again :cool:

Highly recommend :)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been keeping up with it since it started in the US, can't wait for it to start here so I can watch it all again :cool:

Highly recommend :)

A lot of people have said its very soapy. is it like dallas with songs?
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    A lot of people have said its very soapy. is it like dallas with songs?

No, there really aren't any campy elements. It aims to be a lot more serious.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would not normally watch this type of show but I am a big fan of Hayden Panetierre since her cheerleading days in Heroes. I take it any singing she does will be miming to a track unless singing is another talent she has!
    Looking at the comments on here it should be good viewing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not normally watch this type of show but I am a big fan of Hayden Panetierre since her cheerleading days in Heroes. I take it any singing she does will be miming to a track unless singing is another talent she has!

from what i`ve heard she doesn`t mime unless i`ve heard wrong.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member

No miming. She sings for real. And she's pretty good.:)
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was rubbish. I was expecting it to be really good.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was rubbish. I was expecting it to be really good.

I agree i think the best bit were all in the adverts for Nashville.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it. Hayden Panetierre is one of the main reasons for me watching.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    I agree i think the best bit were all in the adverts for Nashville.

Me too, the adverts were good.
    Have no idea where they can take that story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that like with all pilots, they use the first episode to mainly introduce the characters. It gets better, character relationships develop etc.....

I am biased though :o:p
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, the adverts were good.
    Have no idea where they can take that story.

Well the advert all ready show them singing together so that spoil that story line.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that like with all pilots, they use the first episode to mainly introduce the characters. It gets better, character relationships develop etc.....

I am biased though :o:p

I'm in love with Scarlett. She is gorgeous, and has a good singing voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I thought the season got off to a strong start and I expect it to get better :)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it. Hayden Panetierre is one of the main reasons for me watching.

creepy :eek:
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this much more than I was expecting - given that I usually break out in a rash at the first twangy chords of a country song. Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton are excellent and they managed to fit in a lot of music (much of it original, I think) as well as squeeze in a lot of back-story and tee up some longer-range plots. I think we all know what the deep, dark secret about daughter Maddie is, though, don't we? Not sure that could have been signposted any more if they tried!

We'll have to see how well the writers pick up the ball and run with it. It wasn't flawless but as pilots go this was a confident start. I even liked a lot of the music - Boys and Buses was gorgeous.

A few more thoughts in my pilot review - link below:

http://slouchingtowardstv.com/2013/02/08/nashville-episode-1-review/
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    creepy :eek:

Creepy would be if it was a 10 year old boy. Panettiere is a 19 year old woman, and fit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't overly impressed but I didn't find it that bad either so will give it another go to see if they pick the pace up a little!

The only reason I watched it was cos of Hayden too lol oh how I miss heroes!!!

I agree with the poster above about the secret regarding the daughter, pretty obvious! Unless It was meant to be lol
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepy would be if it was a 10 year old boy. Panettiere is a 19 year old woman, and fit.

She's actually 23, so Matt35 can feel even less creepy.
  • Options
    Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the first episode, not what I expected from the ad. Will tune in for the next one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    She's actually 23, so Matt35 can feel even less creepy.

Never actually felt creepy. hayden not only gorgeous but a good actress and i liked her in heroes as well. It seems she can also sing. im interested to see where they go with her and her mother.
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it will keep watching and see how it goes. Glad they are not miming its good to know they can sing for real.