Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol "Don't feed 'em after midnight" ;)
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really didn't enjoy the last episode, was a bit weak for me.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    Yeah. I don't like it when I don't know the songs and I only knew a couple this week; and they were the Dusty ones!
  • sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I don't like it when I don't know the songs and I only knew a couple this week; and they were the Dusty ones!

Don't you mean the Petula Clark ones? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a curious one this week. It just didn't flow properly.

On the upside, at least they've finally eased off on Blaine's hair gel. That thing looked like it had set solid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So for the third week in a row i can't help noticing everyone in New York is a professional dancer or are all the musical numbers just dream sequences or something?
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the 'Love is a Battlefield' routine.
    But i do miss McKinley. Basing the show around this small set of characetrs every week is wearing thin.

And also how theb hell does Artie pull so many hot girls. He previously dated Brittany and Kitty, now hes bedding hot chicks in NYC.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the 'Love is a Battlefield' routine.
    But i do miss McKinley. Basing the show around this small set of characetrs every week is wearing thin.

And also how theb hell does Artie pull so many hot girls. He previously dated Brittany and Kitty, now hes bedding hot chicks in NYC.

I blame the phenomenon of the actor being bigger than the character.

It often happens in TV shows, where the actor will become famous enough that the writers write for the actor rather than the character.

And it is not like Artie has come out of these relationships looking good. He treated Brittany poorly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I could sum this ep. up in one word it'd be "icky". It started out with an STD PSA and carried on like one. I really didn't care for hearing that Artie had the clap nor about his exploits. It felt like it was an idea that went around the writing room and somehow got green lit instead of being shoved in the waste paper basket where it belonged.

Although I will admit, Sam's reaction with the hand sanitiser was funny. And I know it was just backing singing, but how'd Artie's date get a singing part in her first appearance?

Away from that gross debacle, we did have an two interesting B plots; one about body image that I suppose was interesting, perhaps it would have been too much to make it the main plot of the episode.
    The other B plot with Mercedes was ok but perhaps too much about "doin' it" (to quote Mercedes) when combined with Artie's overly frank discussions.

Rachel popped in for a moment, and it was normal Rachel and not 'La Berry the Diva of Bushwick'. Which was a nice break from the previous episodes, but it also felt too much like a throwaway scene.
    It was nice though that they have finally decided to give Mercedes some actual plot, and it felt that they haven't spend enough time building up that character. We should have had more of her, and less of the catfight between Rachael and Santana.

Even with all this bizarreness, I'm still not missing Ohio.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Glee: NYC, it's like a whole other show. All it needs is Santana to return.

Did anyone else find it odd that Rachel didn't mention Finn's actual name in her chat with Mercedes? It was 'him' and 'his'
    Forum Member
    Yes. That was weird. I had to assume it was Finn they were talking about.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    A truly, truly terrible episode. Artie's unsavoury (and continuing highly improbable) love life (did he ever break up with Kitty btw - I don't remember it), Klaine's "issues", and more dullness from Mercedes. Wish I hadn't bothered setting the Sky+ before I went on holiday.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even with all this bizarreness, I'm still not missing Ohio.

Me neither, or not the new New Directions anyway. I sometimes have to remind myself that they've happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow what a snoozer of an episode.

The whole Sue plot was just pointless. It was a bizarre way to get her in a scene with Rachael so she could berate her.
    Forum Member
    Better than last week's; other than the afore-mentioned pointless "Sue" story; which I skipped completely. Apart from the bits where Jane sang. She has a good voice.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Wow what a snoozer of an episode.

The whole Sue plot was just pointless. It was a bizarre way to get her in a scene with Rachael so she could berate her.

Plotwise, it was almost like the last ever episode. Will's a father, Sue put in her place (though I don't remember her giving Rachel a huge amount of grief back in the day, compared to Will, Finn, Quinn, Santana etc) - and of course Rachel's triumph, which I have long been totally meh about.

Sam, Mercedes and Tina, I find even more dreary in New York than I did in Lima, and even my beloved Santana too when she's just given the role of propping up the anointed one. Though the return of the HBIC scene (Has she ever been away for more than a couple of eps?), where her arrogant flick of the hair was sabotaged by the pigeon was just about worth the price of admission. :D

Songwise I usually like the Broadway numbers but not tonight. Really enjoyed that weird Pumpin Blood number in the disco - more like the old Glee I love.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also thought that episode had a "finale" feeling about it, almost like they could've just left it there really.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until the old cast turned up for the anniversary, I practically snoozed through the last Mckinley episodes. Dull dull dull.

Don't get me started on the whole ridiculous healthy young couple jumping straight into military style conception.... who of course conceive by the end of the episode....

Anyways liking it so much better set in New York, so glad I stuck with the show, Mercedes getting the spotlight is great and I love the more mature vibe of the show over all.

It would have worked before but the new New directions were so awful they just dragged the show down.

if I never see Mckinley again I won't mind too much, Sue is cool, Will is ok but the writing is awful and couldn't care less about blah Marley and blah Jake and blah Ryder...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I certainly wasn't expecting Blaine to duet with the mother-in-law from Downton Abbey. ;)

Again though I found it another weak and plodding episode. Its like its ran out of steam heading towards the season finale.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually liking Glee more now it's moved away from the school and now in NYC.
    Forum Member
    Don't get me started on the whole ridiculous healthy young couple jumping straight into military style conception.... who of course conceive by the end of the episode....
    Huh? :confused:
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huh? :confused:

Will and Emma... the first indication we are given they are trying for a baby is when they are having sex to order ie when Emma has done her ovulation chart. No indication given subsequently that they have been trying for a long time so it's a bit stupid to have them going to such extremes right away. Those kind of efforts usually come when a couple have been trying for a time without success.

Doesn't matter anyway since by the end of the episode she was predictably pregnant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was a different episode. Guess it was a bit of the old Glee in some ways, but in others not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two word review: Hot. Mess.

EDIT: Ok, I'll elaborate a bit more..

It really felt like they didn't know what they were doing. False breakups and odd plots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help feel Rachel's latest career move is one lucky break too far. Though part of me thinks that as far back as the pilot all she cared about was being a 'star' no matter what that meant, so deciding her dream role on broadway isn't her dream role after all comes as little surprise really.

I agree it seems they don't know what to do anymore. Not a popular opinion but I miss the high school glee club element of the show. My personal hopes for season 6 are a couple of episodes back at McKinley with Marley et al and then tie up all the rest of the storylines from the 'NYC' characters