Flashpoint-New (to UK) Episodes.

2»

Comments

• PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does anyone know if/when episode 4 is being shown?

Re-reading my earlier post in which I THOUGHT I'd stated it would be shown at midnight Thursday,I see my post doesn't make sense as I missed some info out! Dunno what I was thinking as I'm usually good at proof-reading and correcting any errors that I spot after I posted-but then no-one else has commented that it didn't make sense either! :D. Anyway,episode 3 was shown Wednesday at 6.00,episode 5 was shown Thursday at 6.00,episode 4 was shown Thursday at midnight and then episode 6 was shown Friday at 6.00. Problem is of course that if you watch 5 before you've seen 4 there is a reference to a scene in episode 4
    when Ed broke open Wordy's locker and found his medication

As to series links,linking the 6.00pm showings will only pick up the 6.00pm showings and not the midnight one-which is how it should work,after all if a show is repeated two or three times each day,a la CBS Drama where the same episode could be on at noon,obviously you only want it picking up the next new ep the following day,rather than record each episode three times.
  • petestanpetestan Posts: 3,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    They have done that with Sea Patrol which is also in daytime slots. They then missed out two episodes of series 5 from the normal run and showed then after midnight at the weekend later. Was crazy as one of the episodes is key for the series story arc. Given the content of the episode is could not be cut as so much would have to be removed would just not work.

Am also noticing more on Universal now on their pre watershed shows how they drop the sound if there's swearing. Is obviously what the missing word is as they don't cut the pictures.

The River on Syfy is even more frustrating, it's ONLY shown after 9pm most times after 10pm yet the swearing is bleeped still and scenes such as this week where things are blurred out, I presume it was a body hanging from the tree but you couldn't tell, I suspect but don't know as I haven't seen it before it's probably edited as well. Pathetic considering it's shown after the watershed. :(

Syfy and Universal are owned by the same company aren't they? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    As to series links,linking the 6.00pm showings will only pick up the 6.00pm showings and not the midnight one-which is how it should work,after all if a show is repeated two or three times each day,a la CBS Drama where the same episode could be on at noon,obviously you only want it picking up the next new ep the following day,rather than record each episode three times.

I suppose so but they could warn us in advance, such as those of us who still buy a tv mag let us know it will be a new episode at midnight they must know in advance whether it's going to be shown at 6pm or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I note that there are eighteen episodes in season four and according to the Sky epg Universal are continuing straight into the fifth (and final) season which is still airing in Canada and is currently on episode eleven. Not sure how many episodes there are in season five but Universal will catch up in three weeks time if they continue stripping it on weekdays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I thought we were watching season 3 at the moment....:confused:
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    I thought we were watching season 3 at the moment....:confused:

For some reason universal call it season 3 but if you look it up on imdb its really season 4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,Universal got the numbering wrong,the whole of seasons one and two were listed as being season one (so in their eyes season one ran to thirty five episodes),season three was listed as season two and so on.
  • Alan58Alan58 Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I record the late evening showing of the programme and have noticed an odd buzzing sound sometimes with a sight jump in the picture in a few of the broadcasts. Anyone else noticed this??
    Forum Member
    Alan58 wrote: »
    I record the late evening showing of the programme and have noticed an odd buzzing sound sometimes with a sight jump in the picture in a few of the broadcasts. Anyone else noticed this??

yeah i get that as well, thought it was a problem with the box but its only flashpoint it happens with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had that as well,at first I thought it might be a drive problem but now you mention it i haven't had it happen on any other programmes. surely it can't be poor editing on Universal's part? That's the most irritating thing,that these episodes from season four onwards haven't been seen on UK TV before but are being thrown away in a 6pm daytime slot for which many of them are unsuitable without some editing,mainly because Universal are probably too tight to buy in uncut versions and show them at an appropriate time. As much as I enjoy the Law And Order franchise I just wish they'd show other adult dramas in the 10 or 11pm slots instead of endless and almost continuous re-runs of old SVU episodes.
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not happy with the daytime slot editing either and record both airings just in case they skip an ep at 6pm. Not sure whether to be happy or not as they are going to air S5 (S4 on EPG) daily as it is the final season and meant to be excellent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again Universal have withdrawn the final 3 episodes due to the shootings in the USA, personally I don't agree with it but I suppose some others will praise them.

https://www.facebook.com/universalchanneluk?fref=ts
  • BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any ideas when they will put them on?
    Forum Member
    Will they also be withdrawn law and order, csi, lie to me, cold case?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas when they will put them on?

Sometime in the New year is all they are saying at the moment, let's hope it's straight after the hols although if the American's have also decided not to show them, (I have read different versions of whether they have or not) then they may have to wait until they have shown them first. :mad:
    Forum Member
    Just seen a trailer for the last episodes, got to say really not sure why they have been pulled
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I've seen the last 3 episodes the second to last episode without giving anything away involves young children which could upset people.
    Forum Member
    I've seen the last 3 episodes the second to last episode without giving anything away involves young children which could upset people.

more understandable then but still of the opinion it shouldnt have been withdrawn
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petestan wrote: »
    Sometime in the New year is all they are saying at the moment, let's hope it's straight after the hols although if the American's have also decided not to show them, (I have read different versions of whether they have or not) then they may have to wait until they have shown them first. :mad:

The episodes were shown on 29th November,6th and 13 December according to tv.com although I'm not sure if that references US or Canadian showings. Still no word on when Universal will show them-and if they pulled these why did they still show the Law And Order S17 episode that featured a school shooting?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    The episodes were shown on 29th November,6th and 13 December according to tv.com although I'm not sure if that references US or Canadian showings. Still no word on when Universal will show them-and if they pulled these why did they still show the Law And Order S17 episode that featured a school shooting?? :confused:

Just checked and still no dates on their facebook page yet, that seems to be the place where IF they announce it it will be. :mad:
    They are saying the Law and Order ep. was show accidentally, yeh right.

https://www.facebook.com/universalchanneluk?fref=ts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a date:

Universal Channel UK ‏@UniversalChUK
    #Flashpoint fans: The final three episodes will now premiere on 4, 5 and 6 Feb at 6pm. Many thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Forum Member
    wow, emotional finale but good way to end it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    wow, emotional finale but good way to end it

Agreed, a cracking way to end the series with the double episode finale although I couldn't see a reason why they needed to delay them after all the kids in the Nursery were rescued, still we got there in the end. :D
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if we are going to get any more of this good Canadian show in the UK yet?
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Anyone know if we are going to get any more of this good Canadian show in the UK yet?

It is finished/cancelled, Universal finished the final season back in February.

I've not had the time to see the final 3 episodes yet which are still on my planner. :(

CBS Action is repeating season 1 at the moment.