Pointless Greatest Hits Albums

Comments

• thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    U2 21 singles
    Elton John Single

Yes, because neither have ever had any hits have they??????

And neither actually say greatest hits in the title.
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Dannii Minogue. She hardly had any!

She's had 19 UK top 40 singles so far from hardly any.

Very under-rated - she's released some great dance tracks. All I Wanna Do , Everything I Wanted , I Begin To Wonder , Disremembrance , Put The Needle On It ....... to name a handful. I could go on.
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie Minogue as much I I like Kylie she has so far released 12 compilation albums which is ridiculous considering she has only 11 studio albums.
  • cf80cf80 Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    madiain28 wrote: »
    Kylie Minogue as much I I like Kylie she has so far released 12 compilation albums which is ridiculous considering she has only 11 studio albums.

True but only two, maybe three of those are actually artist mediated, i.e., the first GH in 1992 and then 'Ultimate Kylie'. The others have been record label cash-ins mostly. Sometimes an artist doesn't have control over issuing of such releases.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genesis - Turn it on Again - The Hits - was described by one reviewer on Amazon as "Two pearls in a trash can". :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00002R0M5/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_4?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=4&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandi Thom!! Not many people could name another song apart from I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker

I thought the earlier suggestion of Scouting For Girls was bad but...Sandi Thom?! I can recall two more of her songs - "What If I'm Right" and "Lonely Girl" - which were released a few years apart. How the heck can she make a Greatest Hits CD out of that?!
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how about westlife 1st GH album?? releasing after 3 albums?

and the FINAL GH album?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilary Duff released one after 2 albums.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I thought the earlier suggestion of Scouting For Girls was bad but...Sandi Thom?! I can recall two more of her songs - "What If I'm Right" and "Lonely Girl" - which were released a few years apart. How the heck can she make a Greatest Hits CD out of that?!

Don't forget the mighty classic that was Devil's Beat!
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billie Piper - The Best of Billie. An album where 8/15 tracks are B-Sides.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon beyonce & Rihanna should release a gh they've had lots of singles out enough for a 2 disc cd.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I notice a few people mentioning Britneys first GHs :confused: Even though she'd only had 4 albums up to that point, I personally think it's one of the best CDs in my collection. 20 tracks, most of which were big hits, and all fantastic pop songs. It was a damn fine package

Compared to the likes of Christina who not only released it too soon, she also missed of loads of genuine hits. Terrible decision! Not got much love for Michaels 'Number Ones' either. I love MJ, but I always felt that this (along with the equally pathetic 1CD version of King of Pop) were totally pointless. Number Ones is a million sellers though, so what do I know :D

Funnily enough, I think the one artist who really does deserve a really decent Greatest Hits, but has yet to provide one, is Madonna. 30 year career and she has only released 3 - 4 if you include her ballads collection.
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Potts- Greatest Hits, he never even had a hit
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd love mel c to do a best of 5 singles from northern star the duets with bryan adams & matt cardle would be great.
    also has some good songs from beautiful intentions.
  • nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best of Andy Abraham is probably the most pointless
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    Dannii Minogue. She hardly had any!

Meh. It was much cheaper to buy on itunes than Neon Nights.
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    JLS...why bother?
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone name more than two or three PJ and Duncan songs off the top of there head..they only made 3 studio albums yet they released 6 greatest hits albums...two of them in the same year!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The best of Andy Abraham is probably the most pointless

I wasn't aware he had any hits apart from his Eurovision entry and that didn't do well in the contest! Did it do well in the charts? Must have been a blank CD :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    Can anyone name more than two or three PJ and Duncan songs off the top of there head..they only made 3 studio albums yet they released 6 greatest hits albums...two of them in the same year!

Really? I think we have a winner.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyleee wrote: »
    JLS...why bother?

Well obviously as they are splitting up and have a decent amount of singles... Not only does it tie up things for them but it acts as a more 'formal' method of buying for the future rather than going for studio albums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiffany
    Vanilla Ice
    Toni Basil
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have toni basil's greatest hits (it was a pound and too funny not to buy), and it has i think four versions of 'hey mickey' on it
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    This takes it for me:
    http://img.ultimate-guitar.com/_img/news/ug_news/ShaquilleONeal-TheBestOf.jpg

And apparently Bruce Willis has four greatest hits sets
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    This takes it for me:
    http://img.ultimate-guitar.com/_img/news/ug_news/ShaquilleONeal-TheBestOf.jpg

And apparently Bruce Willis has four greatest hits sets

I have that album :p..its not that bad,it's packed out with some great guest artists.
    shaq was so crummy at rapping he couldnt carry a song on his own so nearly every song he ever made it was always shaq featuring a real rapper/singer who he had got courtside seats for at a b-ball game, with them mostly dominating the track.