No power on RF output

archie2000archie2000 Posts: 274
Forum Member
Although I have switched the RF output power on the 'magic eye' is not lighting up. I have even plugged the magic eye straight into the back of the HD box with the same result.

It works fine on the multi-room Sky+ box so it is not the magic eye. Has anyone else had/got this problem?

It could of course be a faulty component on the box, but I don't want to exchange the box just for that (too much recorded to lose).

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I assume you have switched it on through services. Put a multimeter across the RF out making sure you do not short the core with the screening. If you get a voltage, it's working.
  • LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found that whenever connecting new equipment or anything like that that I need to do a specific procedure in order to get the "eye" powered again.

Turn off power to RF2
    Put box in standby
    Unplug and re-seat the RF cable to RF2
    Start box and turn on power to RF2
    Put box in standby and wait for hard drive to stop spinning
    Hard power cycle the box (pull the plug)

It always works for me again after that procedure.
  • archie2000archie2000 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Nope, tried that but it still isn't working
  • LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe your eye has "popped" then (broke).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I've had my sky HD box now for 4 weeks and have 2 magic eyes via RF. Got home last night to find that both magic eyes are now not receving any power. Have rebooted the box a number of times (i.e mains plug out of wall) to see if this works but no luck. Also I turned of the RF power via the services menu, rebooted and turned power on again via services menu and still no luck. However during the night I woke up and noticed that the light had come on on the eye in the bedroom but by this morning it was off again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Caz