Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 23)

Comments

• Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats this then?

http://www.dailychilli.com/happenings/7263-leona-lewis-heading-our-way

Seems like an odd event to perform at.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Whats this then?

There was some talk of her going to Malaysia. VW though, I know she'd done some stuff for Mercedes in China or Japan I think it was, but perhaps she's got some stuff going on with German companies now?

She's getting a lot of publicity in Germany what with her tracks doing well, so perhaps German companies see her as marketable.

It's not unknown for big stars to do this sort of thing outside of their Country.

Wasn't her perfume launched in Germany as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats this then?

They often have street parties/open air concerts there. F1 had one before last Malaysian Grand Prix, Adidas have events held there.

They basically fly in musical guests and pay them a load of money to perform.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I can't believe Leona is still not verified on Twitter... ridiculous.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    Good idea - I hope it is successful.

I was not awate of Last.fm before so had a look at their site. It looks as though, if you set up your profile fully and download the scrobbler, that you may receive lots and lots of messages? If so, it may be worth registering just for this exercise and then de-registering afterwards?

Nah you don't get any messages through, I've only had emails when I've had friend requests on there, but even that you can disable. :)
    I can't believe Leona is still not verified on Twitter... ridiculous.

That's down to her to do, she needs to apply for verification herself, for all twitter know it could just be a very good imposter. I think you have to provide an image of you holding a note saying your username or something lol
  • Options
    RavaneRavane Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter has stopped verifying accounts for now.
    How do I get my account verified?

This program is currently closed to the public. If you would like to send feedback, contact us via this form.

Why are you closing this program?

We're closing the beta test of this feature to build a system that will be better for users. For updates, please stay tuned to our blog.

http://support.twitter.com/groups/31-twitter-basics/topics/111-features/articles/119135-about-verified-accounts
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    Nah you don't get any messages through, I've only had emails when I've had friend requests on there, but even that you can disable. :)

That's down to her to do, she needs to apply for verification herself, for all twitter know it could just be a very good imposter. I think you have to provide an image of you holding a note saying your username or something lol

Have to be a good imposter, the feed is carried out her official website.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member

Nicola said they applied for verification but it was backlogged. I guess now they're changing the system though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to be a good imposter, the feed is carried out her official website.

Lol, true. I was just using that as an example :p
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Nicola said they applied for verification but it was backlogged. I guess now they're changing the system though.

Ahh I see, I didn't know that!
    But that FAQ about them closing verification has been like that for ages. I'm pretty sure it's said that since they started verifying celebrities and it's been 'closed to the public' since then. It just means general twitter users can't verify themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david_f wrote: »
    lol Leona gets a name check in a verse in the first song off Kanye West's next album:

song + lyrics here: http://www.killerhiphop.com/kanye-west-dark-fantasy-lyrics/

(Parental Advisory !)

Is it just me, or are the lyrics to that track complete gobbledegook.

Was he drunk when he penned that or did he just put a bunch of monkeys in a room full of typewriters and didn't leave it for long enough time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh I see, I didn't know that!
    But that FAQ about them closing verification has been like that for ages. I'm pretty sure it's said that since they started verifying celebrities and it's been 'closed to the public' since then. It just means general twitter users can't verify themselves.

Why would any of the public want to verify themselves? Who cares if Joe Bloggs is really Joe Bloggs? And who is going to imitate a 'nobody'? It seems a bit pointless to me and it's only use is to show if celebrities are real.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would any of the public want to verify themselves? Who cares if Joe Bloggs is really Joe Bloggs? And who is going to imitate a 'nobody'? It seems a bit pointless to me and it's only use is to show if celebrities are real.

I dunno, a head of a company which isn't well known might need his account verifying for business purposes? I'm not twitter :p
    Not to mention how many times you come across 'fake' profiles on things like Facebook and (the horrible) Myspace (as sad as it may be, it happens).

But I know that that FAQ has been like that for AGES cause I checked it out a while back to see what all the verification malarky was about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Leona is bringing some dancers with her to Malaysia this weekend. A dancer who has danced for Alexandra tweeted this:
    @JustMaddix BNTM was Koooodah!!! Off to MALAYSIA with Leona next week! Wish we could hang!!!! You know me so well, refreshing being wit u x
    http://twitter.com/anthkaye/status/28628674954

and he's been rehearsing and tweeted this...
    Forgive me, Outta My Head, Take a bow and another... Brain Ache... Powering through...
    http://twitter.com/anthkaye/status/28806385591

:D More fierce Leona then!
  • Options
    RavaneRavane Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooo hope Leona does the choreo too. Be nice to see her do it in a different outfit.
  • Options
    If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope that Leona joins in with the dancing!

Wish I was there!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh awesome, glad to see that she's doing more of the uptempo stuff for the 'events' now :)

I've just downloaded Mariah's new Xmas album and her voice is back on form (Thank God), but it is making me crave a Leona Xmas EP or song again. I'd just be happy with her doing a studio version of White Christmas - the a cappella version she did was really pretty <3
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Brain Ache" must be a new song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Brain Ache" must be a new song.

I took it to mean he has a brain ache from learning all the choreography. Not sure why he capitalised it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took it to mean he has a brain ache from learning all the choreography. Not sure why he capitalised it.

I know. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know. :p

You're a strange one. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a strange one. :)

Its taken you 4 years to work that one out. :rolleyes::cool:
  • Options
    Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news! Bleeding Love and Happy are both confirmed for the Live CD (But that was a given anyway lol :D). I got this information from HMV Japan, which has a synopsis up for both the DVD and Blu-ray, which *loosely* translates to (thanks to google!):
    2010 / 28-7 / 6 is done, a total of 11 cities, including London O2 Arena show 4 / Leona mobilized first tour in 20 UK 30 million people to pick up the best selection of songs from the representative arena tour full live CD and the London O2 Arena complete recording of the ultra-deluxe CD + DVD! The CD "Bleeding Love," "happy" song of 10 songs - including 12, DVD with performance footage from 70 plans ranging in breathtaking full 80 minutes. "Leona Lewis The Labyrinth Tour" tour is named, as its name suggests, the film was a child he loves Leona [Labyrinth (1986 / fantasy adventure starring David Bowie) inspired. Costumes, sets, dancers, lighting / total 500 million pounds and three-dimensional images produced by it and the beam (about 6.5 billion yen), which is said to be multiplied, the choreography of Michael "This Is It" Travis, who also Pain, is director William Baker and Kylie's famous work, the costumes alone cost 17 million pounds in the costume Berarudi Antonio (£ 20 million) also talked about that.
    http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3931224

It states "including 12" (the original japanese text actually says "10~12") which could mean there are two bonus live tracks, or even hidden tracks or something along those lines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the tracklisting will be

1. Introduction / Brave
    2. Better in Time
    3. I See You
    4. Can’t Breathe (Going on Alice saying she’d heard the recording lol)
    5. Forgive Me
    6. Happy
    7. I Got You
    8. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
    9. Run
    10. Bleeding Love

I did type up a long thing about my logic behind this, but it's probably too long to go into at this time of night haha :p
  • Options
    Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha, don't worry Ben, your logic does make sense! I was think about this yesterday, and I came to the same conclusion - Brave and First Time will most likely be on the CD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still gutted I didn't get to see her on tour, but not long now for the DVD :D I'm looking forward to the artwork/cover! (Haven't missed it, have I?) :p
This discussion has been closed.