Options

Sky Movies Christmas HD Channel - WHY?

HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
Forum Member
Why have Sky bothered to re name this channel if they not going to show mostly Christmas films.

Just gone through the listings from now until Christmas Eve, to find something that we as a family can sit down and watch Christmas Eve, and nothing. :confused:

Surely if you are going to re name a channel for Christmas, then you should be putting on wall to wall Christmas films on that channel and not the odd one or two. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    your weisting your time moaning about it because Sky will not do anything about it nor will they listen, Sky are a business and will do what they please with there channels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »
    your weisting your time moaning about it because Sky will not do anything about it nor will they listen, Sky are a business and will do what they please with there channels.

Based on that comment Daniel there's not an awful lot of point of this Forum existing.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Homesdale wrote: »
    Why have Sky bothered to re name this channel if they not going to show mostly Christmas films.
    It has been there for (at least!) the lasy couple of years and it has NEVER been advertised as a channel purely for Christmas movies. It was (at least last year!) supposed to be for "box sets" of movies (like the "Die Hard" series) that people only bought AT Christmas!
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    It has been there for (at least!) the lasy couple of years and it has NEVER been advertised as a channel purely for Christmas movies. It was (at least last year!) supposed to be for "box sets" of movies (like the "Die Hard" series) that people only bought AT Christmas!

Exactly! The official description for this channel reads:

"Sky Movies Christmas Channel lets you treat yourself everyday to movie box sets of your favourite films. Plus, don't miss the movies that you voted fo see on Christmas Day and Boxing Day"

It does what it says it does, nothing for the OP to complain about.
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is asking why call it christmas when there is no christmas movies on there.ALL it has done is taken over showcase but showcase show boxsets etc after all thats why it was named showcase.It is just a waste of time but as said sky never llisten so we just have to make do with a change of epg until it goes back to normal with more box sets:D Its the same movies as last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he is asking why call it christmas when there is no christmas movies on there.ALL it has done is taken over showcase but showcase show boxsets etc after all thats why it was named showcase.It is just a waste of time but as said sky never llisten so we just have to make do with a change of epg until it goes back to normal with more box sets:D Its the same movies as last year.

Exactly!

Why bother with the name change if they aren't showing anything different than they would in the summer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member

Or maybe Sky do listen, and more people watch the channel when they do the big switch to calling it Sky Movies Christmas. A Christmas movie channel doesn't have to only contain Christmas based movies. Sky knows that there isn't enough interest in that, which is probably why they have a mix of festive films and boxsets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Master-K wrote: »
    Or maybe Sky do listen, and more people watch the channel when they do the big switch to calling it Sky Movies Christmas. A Christmas movie channel doesn't have to only contain Christmas based movies. Sky knows that there isn't enough interest in that, which is probably why they have a mix of festive films and boxsets.

Maybe, maybe not. In our house a fair bit of time has been spent on Christmas 24 and Christmas 24+.

I think when it comes to this time of year people do like Christmas movies. And there are plenty of them, new and old.
  • Options
    arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Maybe, maybe not. In our house a fair bit of time has been spent on Christmas 24 and Christmas 24+.

I think when it comes to this time of year people do like Christmas movies. And there are plenty of them, new and old.

True, but the standard of movies on Christmas 24 and for that matter every other movie channel, bar Sky Movies, Film4 and TCM, is pretty poor.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look on the epg and see what films are on, I do not care what the name of the channel is, it does not really matter, if there is not a film on there I want to watch then I do not watch the channel regardless of what they call it. I would be just as happy if the channels were renamed Sky Movies 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc together with their HD equivalents named in the same way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    I look on the epg and see what films are on, I do not care what the name of the channel is, it does not really matter, if there is not a film on there I want to watch then I do not watch the channel regardless of what they call it. I would be just as happy if the channels were renamed Sky Movies 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc together with their HD equivalents named in the same way.

I don't care about what channel the film is on, along as i can watch it in HD.

Its just seems very odd to re name a channel ''Sky Movies Christmas' and then not put Chritmas themed films on that channel.

That is what i was questioning!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well looking throught the EPG there ARE some christmas films
    christmas angel
    muppets christmas carol
    a christmas proposal
    it's a wonderful life
    home alone
    four christmases

plus
    chitty chitty bang bang
    wizard of oz
    ben hur
    spartacus
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Homesdale wrote: »
    Why bother with the name change if they aren't showing anything different than they would in the summer.
    They don't routinely show "box sets" in the summer!