How old were you when you first started watching Eastenders?

Comments

• w1dget9w1dget9 Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I have watched since day one , i was the ripe old age of 22 :o
  • Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first episode. I was 15.

It's going to be a case of Deja vu when they discover Nick's body. I'm certain he is in the same pose as Reg Cox.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Kat and Alfie's condom caper back in 2003 is my earliest Eastenders memory.

I would have been 8 years old lololololol
  • vestachellesvestachelles Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    I must have been about 6 or 7, back in the late 1980s. My parents ran a pub and I remember being given cheese and onion crisps and an old-school glass bottle of Coke and told to be upstairs (with my brother who is 6 years older).

Because of the pub aspect it's always resonated with me, and my Dad was (he died in 1989) like Dirty Den in a lot of ways!
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    The first episode aired on my 31st birthday - I am really old .....
  • vestachellesvestachelles Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Nattie01 wrote: »
    I watched the first episode. I was 15.

It's going to be a case of Deja vu when they discover Nick's body. I'm certain he is in the same pose as Reg Cox.

I absolutely love that they have done this.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12 when the first episode was on. I watched it with my Dad. When Michelle had Vicky and we didn't know who the father was it was the only thing talked about at school. EastEnders was huge then. I stopped after the tedious condom episode, watched Sonia be a lesbian then gave up again and finally turned back on when Heather and Shirley were at George Michael's house jumping up and down at the window. I only get to see the omnibus now as no one else at home watches if but I've not missed one since.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Sharon's song "something out of nothing?" I liked that song lol!!!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »

Happy Birthday.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Well I was born in 1997 so the show started 12 years before I was actually born... I think the first episode I saw was the Stax affair reveal on Christmas day 2007, so I was 10. But I didn't start watching regularly until 2012 when I was 15. I'm now 18.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think my first proper Eastenders memory is my mum watching the Kat and Zoe two hander AFTER the "you ain't my muvva", so that would be...google says Oct 2001, so I'd have been 8 :)
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I was 12, it was the first episode :)

Me too :)
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must have been around summer 87 and I would have been 7. As I can't recollect seeing Tony Carpenter (who left May 87) but remember his son Kelvin (who left in Sept 87). Although its a bit hazy due to seeing clips etc. I was defiantly watching at end of 87 as have clear recollection of the second episode on NYE when EE was broad cast at just after 11.30 to bring the new year in on the square. ;)

And must have started watching regular since then as remember Kathy rape at Dagmar, Lou's death, Angie leaving, Den in Prison etc that happened the following year
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When it started in 1985. I was 11, was a loyal viewer until the Ronnie Mitchell dead baby swap storyline, haven't bothered since.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I stated actually watching it in my teens probably, but I for sure was watching it before that as a kid as my family always have it on, including all the soaps, so I watched in the living room every night it was on. Can still remember a lot of the faces from when I was a kid.
  • emmerfarmeremmerfarmer Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I was 9 when little mo hit Trevor with an iron
  • HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    I've watched it since I was 6 in 1997
  • WildHookWildHook Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    About 15 years old (1988). I had black and white TV :(
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    15, in 1985!

The very first episode!
  • Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1994, I was about 8 and the first ep I saw had Phil in hospital after his fight with Grant after 'Sharongate'
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I was 18 when I first watched it but I started watching regularly when I was 19. When I watched Eastenders for the first time, I did not like it, until I binge watched it a few times. That's when I started liking it.
  • KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I was 15, from the very beginning more or less. Gives away my age :)
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »

I didn't think you were too old I thought you were only in your 20s. Happy Birthday :)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    19 - first episode.

Where have those 30 years gone?!?!? :o
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    29 yrs old remember watching it and seeing Reg dead in his chair.