'The Affair' coming to Sky Atlantic

GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
Forum Member
As per the title, due to start in May

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't really love this, it was something I wasn't bothered if I missed an ep
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're in for an absolute treat, it's absolutely fantastic. As per the awards.
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked it.

But May is 8 months after it aired in the US. No wonder tpb is the channel of choice for so many.

Sky subscribers deserve better.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    But May is 8 months after it aired in the US. No wonder tpb is the channel of choice for so many.

Sky subscribers deserve better.

You are making it sound like Sky had it all along and delayed it a long time. They just bought it now. Who knows why they bought it now instead of before. Maybe no UK broadcaster wanted to buy it at the price that was asked before, and now the price has come down.
  • henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took Sky a while to get "In Treatment", which had similar pedigree and involves the same writers and similar critical acclaim.These shows involve very small audiences so perhaps the costs do have to be considered well. Whatever, Im thankful for the opportunity to see it.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starts tonight on Sky Atlantic with a double bill from 9pm.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it - watched it online over a few weekends. It's a slow burner but deep.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You forgot to mention Golden Globe winning Best Drama The Affair starts tonight with a double bill with Golden Globe winning Best Actress Ruth Wilson in the lead role.

2 Brits in the lead roles - Dominic West and Ruth Wilson.

Already renewed for season 2.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. Ruth Wilson is bloody good in everything I've seen her in anyway, so we should be in for another treat with this I think.
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binged this one Sunday a few months ago, most enjoyable.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed this tonight. Will it be on Netflix or Amazon Prime?
  • MrsSkittlesMrsSkittles Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Binge watched this too. I really liked it. I'm looking forward to series 2 now.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sound on these American shows is very muffled and tinny on Sky.
  • henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting work.
    You can see the lineage from "In Treatment" making its distinctive mark.
    And I can see why it got awards.
    Great performance by Ruth Wilson too. She has such a range of acting.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Couldn't warm to this, after two episodes last week - irritating Family, the hanging & choking one, more so....two sides to the story, is boring when they cross over - and the crime being investigated, who cares - is it the Dawson Creek guy, I hope so, can't stand him - But I'm guessing it's the Maid, with an exploding coffee machine....the skinny Daughter did it.

The Swimmer at the start had the right idea.......Run!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    I'm on episode two at the moment.

I've always liked Ruth Wilson. :)
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    It's a Showtime production; and Sky don't have quite the exclusive rights as they do with HBO/Cinemax.
    Although Penny Dreadful is a Sky/Showtime co-production.

I thought it was good and interesting, but god do all US Premium network shows have to be this much sexually explicit, nowadays?!
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I got very bored of this series very quickly.

There wasn't enough Pacey Witter either
  • startidestartide Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Missed this tonight. Will it be on Netflix or Amazon Prime?

It's on Now TV (part of Sky)
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched eps 1 & 2 so far, but I'm not 100% sure whether to continue TBH.
    Yes, it's very well acted and the story telling is quite unique, but I do get slightly bored watching it if I'm honest.

Ruth Wilson is fantastic though, you can't take your eyes off her when she's on screen. She can say more with one look and without saying a word than most actors can with a 10 minute monologue.

Any advice? Do I carry on watching?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would continue personally, yes. I did stop watching after about 3/4 episodes. But it was Ruth Wilson that drew me back. It's slow in its pace and it has an unsual way of storytelling. For me that was a drawback. But i am glad I went back and continued because it was one of the most stunning shows of 2014 for me. It all depends if you have patience or not. A lot more shows these days are very slow in pace and don't kickstart the action until later on. It's all down to personal viewing preferences.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone trying to rub it in to us Virgin customers, part 999.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I gave up after two episodes.

Way too slow for me, got bored very quickly. Not a fan of Ruth Wilson either, looks-wise and acting ability-wise. Just cannot see the attraction.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sound on these American shows is very muffled and tinny on Sky.

do you know, I thought it was just my tv! good to know others are experiencing it too

I get deafened when the ad breaks come!

Im enjoy it so far, caught up on the first 2 episodes at the weekend as I forgot it was on :blush: