Rihanna - Rated R

musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
Forum Member
The barbados beauty presents her fourth album tomorrow.

Anyone gonna buy?
Anyone heard the leak and impressed?

Comments

• MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Already pre-ordered it from HMV. Thought it would have came on friday like albums usually do from them but recently they've been coming later :(. Any way I really like the album. I downloaded the leak but haven't even played some songs in full yet because I still want them to be fresh. But from what I've heard I know I'm gonna love it. G4L, Cold Case Love, Rockstar 101 and The Last Song all sound wicked. I really want this to do well, but unfortunately some people might not give it a chance because it's not as commercial as 'Good Girl Gone bad'. Will be their loss lol.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Was hoping for the album to arrive yeters but it didn't.

Really good and it shows the time and effort made into this compared to last three albums that were rushed. This album isn't as good as the wonderful GGGB but it is a really good follow up. It's dark and edgy but not really commericial and she may lose fans.

Deffo the best r&b album from a female I have heard this year. I know I said the same about Whitney but I am not so keen on how wonderful Whitney's is now.

My favs are Russian, Wait is over, Stupid in love, Rockstar 101, Photographs and Te Amor.
    Forum Member
    I think her voice has really improved on this album. I wonder what they'll for as the next single and if this album will get to No.1 over here?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    The album isn't out until monday, so why would it arrive early? :confused: or is it a pre-order offer...
    Forum Member
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    The album isn't out until monday, so why would it arrive early? :confused: or is it a pre-order offer...

Usually when I pre-order new albums from HMV I get the album 2 or 3 days before it's released. Like Taio Cruz's album arrived on a Saturday, when before Timbalands: Shock Value was released that came on a friday, same with the Sugababes and so on. I just kinda got used to getting albums a few days earlier from HMV, guess I'll have to wait till Monday like everyone else lol :p
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Usually when I pre-order new albums from HMV I get the album 2 or 3 days before it's released. Like Taio Cruz's album arrived on a Saturday, when before Timbalands: Shock Value was released that came on a friday, same with the Sugababes and so on. I just kinda got used to getting albums a few days earlier from HMV, guess I'll have to wait till Monday like everyone else lol :p

ahh I'll remember that. I always order from play.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm defo buying it. I love the majority of tracks from album, as I've heard the leak and I think this new direction she's going in is really refreshing.
    Forum Member
    I've only heard previews of tracks, I'm gonna wait until full tracks go on youtube or we7 before deciding whether to buy or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a fantastic album, one of the best of the year. Every song is good, most are amazing and there are some modern classics on there (Cold Case Love is HUGE!).
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    da wait is ova..da wait is ova:sleep:
    Forum Member
    It's just the way the game is played
    It's best if you just wait your turn.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    great album!

i just hate how they miss the swearing out!! it's so annoying!
    Forum Member
    Listening to it now

The special case i got from HMV is so cool.
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might get this later, i love RR :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    It's just the way the game is played
    It's best if you just wait your turn.

:D

da wait is ova da wait is ova da wait is ova..............:D
    Forum Member
    Sorry GAGA, BUT Ri Ri has stolen your thunder. This album is so unbelievably amazing.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I bought this at dinner time but i'm still hooked on Lady GaGa at the moment. Rihanna might have to wait until later in the week :D
  • TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This gets a really good write up in the Saturday Times listings magazine. I really like Umbrella but I never felt any urge to buy her last album, not really sure why. I might just get them both now, last one and the new one! :D
    Forum Member
    TomDaOne wrote: »
    This gets a really good write up in the Saturday Times listings magazine. I really like Umbrella but I never felt any urge to buy her last album, not really sure why. I might just get them both now, last one and the new one! :D

You should, you won't be disappointed :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the album, but I'mm annoyed that the CD is censored when the leaked version wasn't. Same with GaGa's Fame Monster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I have downloaded "Russian Roulette" and "Wait Your Turn" but I don't know whether to do the rest of the album or not. I like the sound of the previews and Russian Roulette was a really big grower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Download Rude Boy, that is the closest to anything from her previous albums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    This is the complete definition of a grower! Took me a while but the stand out tracks for me have to be Cold Case Love, Russian Roulette, Hard and Rude Boy. 7.5 out of 10. Lighten up next time girl :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered mine from Play.com

Still has not come ... :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I've got the album and absolutely love it, from start to finish. It's so deep, dark and meaningful and is a really good listen if you want to feel empowered. The only downside for me is that intro track is so short, I love it and would have wanted it to be a track in its' own right!

A fantastic step up by Rihanna, showing she is head and shoulders above her peers!