Options

Janet Jackson *yawn*

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
Forum Member
Had it not have been for her brother's death (LY Michael) she wouldn't be on the show! :yawn::sleep:

Tell me I'm lying. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That might be true but Janet is a legend and Im glad she is on the show.
  • Options
    andyp350andyp350 Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    Had it not have been for her brother's death (LY Michael) she wouldn't be on the show! :yawn::sleep:

your lying, shes one of the only jacksons that hasnt capitalised on Michaels death, shes performing because shes promoting a new album/single, just like everyone other celeberity guest on the show stop looking for reasons to hate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andyp350 wrote: »
    your lying, shes one of the only jacksons that hasnt capitalised on Michaels death, shes performing because shes promoting a new album/single, just like everyone other celeberity guest on the show stop looking for reasons to hate

Utter BS.
    why hasnt she promoted her other singles/albums on TXF then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter BS.
    why hasnt she promoted her other singles/albums on TXF then?

have Rihanna and Shakira and various others been on before??:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to see her perform :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because shes just swapped record labels and it looks like her new record label are interest in regaining interest in her outside of america as shes also meant to be doing a european tour in 2010 to tie in with her new album. Def Jam were never interested in promoting her over here, plus, shes performing at the jingle bell ball this weekend at the o2 so she was probably asked to do the XF as shes going to be in london this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kenda11 wrote: »
    have Rihanna and Shakira and various others been on before??:rolleyes:

Sorry; what I meant was where was she music wise before MJ's death eh?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP underestimates greatly the fanbase of Janet Jackson. She is a massive star in her own right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For your information she had released 12 albums before MJ's death. Although she was initially known as Michael Jackson's little sister, she quickly made a name for herself, and at one point was doing better in the charts than her big brother (7 top 5 singles from one album in the USA, a feat that Michael never managed to top).
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really think Simon wouldnt want her on the show. She is one of the biggest stars of the music industry to appear on the x-factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well as i said in my previous post which im sure you chose to ignore shes just moved to a new record label which are more dedicated to promoting her worldwide rather than just in america, hence her making promotional appearences in the UK for her new greatest hits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    o and her last album was number 1 in america, not too shabby for someone who can only sell cds once her brother died eh???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andyp350 wrote: »
    well as i said in my previous post which im sure you chose to ignore shes just moved to a new record label which are more dedicated to promoting her worldwide rather than just in america, hence her making promotional appearences in the UK for her new greatest hits.

I've read... I've understood.... but....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read... I've understood.... but....

"but....you and other people on this thread have proven i was wrong...and i just dont want to admit it"

was that what you wanted to say??:p
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HonestEyes wrote: »
    For your information she had released 12 albums before MJ's death. Although she was initially known as Michael Jackson's little sister, she quickly made a name for herself, and at one point was doing better in the charts than her big brother (7 top 5 singles from one album in the USA, a feat that Michael never managed to top).
    Whilst I acknowledge Janet is a major recording artist and her singles are in the top 30 of most charted releases ever, I always struggle to recall any of her hits except for the Luther Vandross duet. I guess her stuff isn't that memorable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes...100 million albums sold world-wide...

Janet, you're such a nobody. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ridiculous assertion. She's a big star in her own right and has produced some amazing work in her time. You clearly have no idea..... :)
  • Options
    famemonsterfamemonster Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    I like her old stuff but her latest stuff has been shit, will she be doing an old medley or her new track :O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like her old stuff but her latest stuff has been shit, will she be doing an old medley or her new track :O
    what do you class as her new stuff, you should check out Feedback, Rock With U and her new single Make Me which i think is what shes going to perform on sunday.
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving her new single. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrkEllPLAHA
    She looks and sounds fantastic as always. Looking forward to seeing her on Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm loving her new single. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrkEllPLAHA
    She looks and sounds fantastic as always. Looking forward to seeing her on Sunday.

its amazing, and the video is on point i really cant wait to see her performance i just know shes going to kill it
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet is hugely talented, I saw her in concert, singing live while doing really energetic dance routines, and she is a really sweet lady.

X Factor are lucky to get her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan, but I look forward to her more than Lady Gag.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't like Janet Jackson. She feeds off Michael's success and is now adopting his dance moves.
  • Options
    Slick NickSlick Nick Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's only famous for being Tito's brother.