Options

So John Terrys wife is sticking by him then...(pics of them kissing in Dubai)

Comments

• Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sem1 wrote: »
    Has he made a public apologised to his family for what he did or just kept schum! I say public 'cos he publicly humiliated her so at the very least he should say a public sorry.

'Cos I just get the feeling he is only sorry he got caught!

No public apology as far as I am aware and I very much doubt that there will be. I completely agree with you, he is not sorry for what he has done but is sorry that he got caught. Who's to say that he won't carry on his fling with Vanessa after the heat dies down, maybe he will just be more careful about where he meets her from now on.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to me that Toni is a weak, pathetic woman.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weak and pathetic, maybe. Completely in love with her husband? Yes. We can't judge her for this - yes we can all say that she's stupid and a doormat, but they have been together a LONG time. It's not as black and white as you are all suggesting. You can't just switch off feelings and children complicate things, they need to do what is best for them. However I don't see how Toni staying in an unhappy marriage where she doesn't trust her husband is better for her children. It's hardly setting them a good example, and the children will pick up on the bad vibes.

It's sad really. It's a shame that few women seem to have the confidence to walk away from a cheating partner.
  • Options
    cheekychopzcheekychopz Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to me that Toni is a weak, pathetic woman.

She is not pathetic, she's a fool.

How dare you feel you know the emotions and feelings of another woman, a married woman.

She has invested her life in the relationship and has kids by the man, every time she see her kids she can see him in them.

Just because you maybe used to transient types who f**k you and then bugger off to someone else doesn't mean everyone is as emotionless as you.

I wish his wife well.
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    She is only staying for the money
  • Options
    cheekychopzcheekychopz Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadonnaMIX wrote: »

It's certainly a softener.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How dare you feel you know the emotions and feelings of another woman, a married woman.

She has invested her life in the relationship and has kids by the man, every time she see her kids she can see him in them.

Just because you maybe used to transient types who f**k you and then bugger off to someone else doesn't mean everyone is as emotionless as you.

I wish his wife well.

She has stupidly wasted her life you mean, with a man who is about as much use as a chocolate teapot! She wastes time with a 'man' who thinks it's OK to cheat. She bore him children knowing what he was like before they married, and still that meant nothing to him! I've been with my hubby (yeah, you're right, I'm not legally married) for 17 years, we never, ever felt tempted to stray. Maybe I'm smarter than the pathetic Toni; I have my own money, my own independance and I don't spend anytime at all wondering where my hubby is when he goes out. No you're right, I have no idea what it means to be married (unless it gives people a licence to f**k around and to have children grow up in an unhappy home and environment).
    Toni is still a sad, pathetic old bint and she knows that no one else would have her, that's probably why she sticks to John.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadonnaMIX wrote: »

And how much Money, property,and maintnence do you think she would get by a divorce? much more than if she stayed with him.
  • Options
    miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose she must take their marriage vows a bit more seriously than he does. Personally I'd ditch the bastard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wish his wife well.

How dare you assume that people who think she's doing the wrong thing are 'maybe used to transient types who f**k you and then bugger off to someone else ' or are emotionless . It might be that the very people who comment on this are doing through from experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wish his wife well.

And I think you have a cheek to call me 'emotionless' when I have never paid anyone to have an abortion:D And hubby says that when he does f**k me, he has no desire to bugger off and leave me. Says I'm way too good:D:D
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a weak, pathetic woman alright. Cannot stand up for herself whatsoever.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Course she will forgive him. So he can do it again and she'll forgive him again.

As I've commented on the Vernon and Tess story - there are no strong minded women any more. They just follow meekly behind their husbands saying oh its okay I forgive you. Idiots. And these are showbiz women who have plenty of money to leave and set up home on their own and find someone more trustworthy and loyal.

But they won't. Victoria Beckham forgave, Cheryl Cole is still forgiving (again), Terry's wife has, Tess Daly will.

When will one of them stand up and say No actually you're a to**er and you can go to h*ll. And then proceed to drag them through the press and take them for every penny. It's time women stopped pushing us back into the dark ages where we were dragged about by our hair. We're going backover.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Weak and pathetic, maybe. Completely in love with her husband? Yes. We can't judge her for this - yes we can all say that she's stupid and a doormat, but they have been together a LONG time. It's not as black and white as you are all suggesting. You can't just switch off feelings and children complicate things, they need to do what is best for them. However I don't see how Toni staying in an unhappy marriage where she doesn't trust her husband is better for her children. It's hardly setting them a good example, and the children will pick up on the bad vibes.

It's sad really. It's a shame that few women seem to have the confidence to walk away from a cheating partner.

Well most of us don't have the money to just walk away - celebrity women do. And where's their self esteem? They're all quite glamorous so what does that say about them? Even will all the hairdos, nice figures, nice clothes and even children - their "men" stray with anything that walks past.

I had to live on income support and bring up two kids on my own - but I far rather wanted to do that than live with him any more. My mental well being was worth more than him.

Now I have a good job, my own home and my kids know who brought them up while he never lifted a finger or paid a penny in maintenance.

It can be done. And with money it can be done in style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well most of us don't have the money to just walk away - celebrity women do. And where's their self esteem? They're all quite glamorous so what does that say about them? Even will all the hairdos, nice figures, nice clothes and even children - their "men" stray with anything that walks past.

I had to live on income support and bring up two kids on my own - but I far rather wanted to do that than live with him any more. My mental well being was worth more than him.

Now I have a good job, my own home and my kids know who brought them up while he never lifted a finger or paid a penny in maintenance.

Why do you think they look like they do? BECAUSE of their low self esteem. Walking round tarted up to the nines so that their husbands don't give into all the girls throwing themselves at them 24/7.

It's nothing to do with money. If you love someone, you can stay with them, or if you can't trust them anymore you can walk away. Money has absolutely nothing to do with it. You are to be admired for the way you have coped, but money doesn't buy you happiness, trust, bravery or confidence. Toni has decided to stay with John. I disagree with her decision, especially as it isn't the first time John has strayed and disrespected her and his children. However you cannot judge her for staying just because she has money.
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also wish Toni Terry would stop wearing that ridiculous hat in public.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their business, not ours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there could be a combination of things here, she can't honestly believe that he'll ever change, he's a cheating dirtbag and will always be a cheating dirtbag..
    Being a WAG comes with a kind of kudos (in a lot of peoples eyes) in this day and age, yes there's the money but she'd be perfectly well off if they split so I don't think its the money.
    You only have to look at the 'celebrity press' to know that there is a lot of interest in WAGs. It's almost like an inner circle.

Maybe she's staying for the kids sake, I did (for a while in the same position) but she'll eventually realise the kids will have better stability without all the media rubbish and drama that is John Terry's private sleazy life.

Who knows her reasoning, but I do think that whenever a partner cheats once ... love does get chipped away at and if they are serial cheaters then eventually I believe she'll wake up one day and look at him and he will disgust her.

I can't wait for that day for her sake because we can say she's stupid for staying but she needs to get to that point where she has no respect for him so she can do it when it's right for her. Just like giving up anything whether its cigarettes, alcohol or the love of your life.
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paulo 313 wrote: »
    terrys wife is about 5 times hotter then the girl he cheated on her with :confused: what a muppet

And isn't that so often the case - seems the old story 'beauty is only skin deep' is about right. Terry is a serial adulterer, Toni is a doormat but there is the trade off - not just the money but the lifestyle of the rich and famous and the places it takes her too. Doesn't matter what payoff she gets, if she's not a WAG she will not be part of the 'in crowd'. If she sees it as a good trade off in exchange for him sleeping around, up to her. Personally I think she's an idiot, pathetic and looks stupid in that ridiculous hat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one knows what the deal is with their relationship. Their is little doubt in my mind Toni Terry knows what her husband gets up to. Yet it may no be a major issue in the relationship.

I remember the girl Ashley Cole slept with mentioning that she asked him what Cheryl would think, his reply "she knows what I get upto but she doesn't care as long as I keep it quiet".

Many of the public thought Gary Lineker was the perfect husband for all those years he ws married to his wife. Yet he was known as a serial cheater and ladies man throughout that time. However, it never got out and no-one was ever embarrassed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member

Well done you!

I agree, this is what I can't understand about these rich women. They're not in the position the rest of us would be in, struggling to make end meet.

What drives them to be so compliant? It's all a bit Stepford Wife for me. What's more, they seem to think there's something noble about what they're doing, that it's something to be proud of. The press label them 'long- suffering' and 'brave'. It's as if they fall into the same category as people fighting cancer or some other terrible disease, when they blatantly do not. Some of them even make it the high point of their autobiographies - 'How Our Marriage Survived His Thousand Infidelities'- just to remind us, five years on, that they behaved like doormats.

I just don't understand it. I really don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ena wrote: »
    Well done you!

I agree, this is what I can't understand about these rich women. They're not in the position the rest of us would be in, struggling to make end meet.

What drives them to be so compliant? It's all a bit Stepford Wife for me. What's more, they seem to think there's something noble about what they're doing, that it's something to be proud of. The press label them 'long- suffering' and 'brave'. It's as if they fall into the same category as people fighting cancer or some other terrible disease, when they blatantly do not. Some of them even make it the high point of their autobiographies - 'How Our Marriage Survived His Thousand Infidelities'- just to remind us, five years on, that they behaved like doormats.

I just don't understand it. I really don't.

So what are you saying? People with money aren't entitled to feel upset? Betrayed? They aren't allowed to follow their heart instead of their head? Toni Terry HAS been brave, whatever her decision. Cancer sufferers and soldiers are brave of course, but are you saying someone who has been cheated on and has her sad face pictured in the papers every day to provide the public with entertainment isn't brave? Obviously not in the same way, its tiny compared to that, but she's brave to take him back and risk it all again. She'd be brave to walk away and live life without him. Either way its an awful thing to go through, and there are too many inverted snobs out there that pass off the bad experiences of the rich and famous, because they're "rich and should be able to handle it".

Ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    So what are you saying? People with money aren't entitled to feel upset? Betrayed? They aren't allowed to follow their heart instead of their head? Toni Terry HAS been brave, whatever her decision. Cancer sufferers and soldiers are brave of course, but are you saying someone who has been cheated on and has her sad face pictured in the papers every day to provide the public with entertainment isn't brave? Obviously not in the same way, its tiny compared to that, but she's brave to take him back and risk it all again. She'd be brave to walk away and live life without him. Either way its an awful thing to go through, and there are too many inverted snobs out there that pass off the bad experiences of the rich and famous, because they're "rich and should be able to handle it".

Ridiculous.

You're another one who's talked yourself out of your own argument.

I can't remember saying that rich people don't feel betrayed or upset, but if you feel enough betrayal and upset you walk away from the situation.

No, she's not brave. She has an option. A cancer patient doesn't have an option. Neither does a soldier who's dead in a morgue or had their leg blown off. These things are matters or life and death.

Toni Terry is in a position to move on. She is healthy - we hope, unless he's given her a dose of something- and young. She would be wealthy without him. Her pain will get better.

And who's an inverted snob? I'll have you know that I'm a f@cking fully fledged snob, not an inverted one. I woudn't spit on a footballer, let alone marry or sh@g him.

Congrats on getting the job, though. I won't take that back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ena wrote: »
    You're another one who's talked yourself out of your own argument.

I can't remember saying that rich people don't feel betrayed or upset, but if you feel enough betrayal and upset you walk away from the situation.

No, she's not brave. She has an option. A cancer patient doesn't have an option. Neither does a soldier who's dead in a morgue or had their leg blown off. These things are matters or life and death.

Toni Terry is in a position to move on. She is healthy - we hope, unless he's given her a dose of something- and young. She would be wealthy without him. Her pain will get better.

And who's an inverted snob? I'll have you know that I'm a f@cking fully fledged snob, not an inverted one. I woudn't spit on a footballer, let alone marry or sh@g him.

Congrats on getting the job, though. I won't take that back.

Right so there aren't levels of bravery? For god's sake, don't be daft. You obviously find it very easy to stand on the outside and judge them without actually knowing them. However much money they have does not have an effect on how they feel, or how much they love each other. She may have a choice, yes. But you're saying that people are only brave when they are in a situation where they have no choice or no way out. That's ridiculous. You can be brave when a family member is ill, you can be brave when a partner is unfaithful. You can be brave through a divorce, and through staying with them and trying to forgive them.

And yes, clearly you are a fully fledged snob. It's not nice either. I can't stand John Terry, never have liked him, and think Toni should leave him. However they have two children, and she loves him. Millions of women stay with cheating or abusive partners because they love them. Toni is not alone, and shouldn't be slated so much for it. Just because she has money.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    She's got nothing else going for her, so if she wants the cudos she's got to stay with him.