Options

Moffat's family watch "Doctor Who"!

Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
Forum Member
Steven Moffat's son has uploaded a video of him and
his family (including his dad) watching DW. He interviews
his dad afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1mIAMTE0c&playnext_from=TL&videos=XASRG41iDfU&feature=sub

Comments

• Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The crack is based on a crack above his son's bed! EEK lol
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was really lovely, I must say!:D
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, awesome.
  • Options
    shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's brilliant! Great to see his son is interested in Doctor Who.:D Also very pleased to hear that SM pays no attention to the likes of me and you!
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shortcrust wrote: »
    That's brilliant! Great to see his son is interested in Doctor Who.:D Also very pleased to hear that SM pays no attention to the likes of me and you!

Indeed! As he said, we are a small percentage of his viewers and have a very skewed, very different perception of the show to what the 'ordinary' watcher does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    The crack is based on a crack above his son's bed! EEK lol

Steven Moffat did a Q&A at his sister's school (I think she is the headteacher) and it was video conferenced live on the Scottish schools' intranet. Of the crack he said something like:
    "He was really scared of it He's even more scared now."

His sister revealed that, because SM audio taped episodes of DW as a kid, she and the other sister were not allowed to make any noise when Who was on. She also said that she had noticed that a lot of SM's baddies were things he was scared of as a child - statues,masks, dolls.

The Q&A began with two cybermen invading the assembly hall. Pretty cool to be a kid at that school.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Interesting that he mentioned the time shift ratings. Muttley will be delighted :D
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link.

I like it how he explains the reason for not looking at forums any more (probably talking about GB mainly, but talk across any dedicated DW board is pretty much the same mixture of good and bad).

Like he says, we only make up a small percentage, some posts bring me down myself, obviously not the sort of thing you want to read when you're producer/writer.