Final fantasy 7 coming to PS4 ANNOUNCED AT E3??

Comments

• zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also shared why they announced the remake now:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/16/final-fantasy-vii-remake-was-in-development-before-final-fantasy-vii-port-says-nomura/

Also in another interview he said further about the remake:

“I can’t share too much for now, but it won’t be a simple remake,” says Nomura. “If we were to simply just make the graphics look pretty for the new generation consoles, I don’t think it could surpass the original version. If that’s what you wanted, I think it’d be enough to just play the original International version on PlayStation 4, and it would be satisfying enough.”

“We’ve yet to show any screenshots from the game, but it has vastly evolved, so please look forward to it,” Nomura continues. “Again, this time, since the story is being handled by Nojima, that also means that there will be more work added to it, so please look forward to that as well.”

More work added to the story? I'm happy to hear this, I am not scared at all they will ruin the original. And IF I am going to end up being disappointed about the remake, I can always come back to the original.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »

More work added to the story? I'm happy to hear this, I am not scared at all they will ruin the original. And IF I am going to end up being disappointed about the remake, I can always come back to the original.

That's a very good attitude to have. We do always the original to love, and who knows, they may end up making this even more awesome.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    I know it has to evolve and everything, but if they implemented a real time battle system then its not really Final Fantasy 7 is it? Part of what made the PS1 final fantasy trilogy so great were their summons and tactics and the turn based battle system, by all means give it a revamp (it was done very well in lost odyssey) but abandoning that completely makes it more like to Dirge of Cerebus than 7 proper
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    That's a very good attitude to have. We do always the original to love, and who knows, they may end up making this even more awesome.

Exactly, imagine if it will be even more awesome! :D Regarding the story I just don't want them to chicken out on Aeris death though, that was one epic scene. But I don't think they will, her death was very important to the story.
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I know it has to evolve and everything, but if they implemented a real time battle system then its not really Final Fantasy 7 is it? Part of what made the PS1 final fantasy trilogy so great were their summons and tactics and the turn based battle system, by all means give it a revamp (it was done very well in lost odyssey) but abandoning that completely makes it more like to Dirge of Cerebus than 7 proper

But wait, has anyone said anything about the battle system being in real time? That hasn't been confirmed, right? I do hope they don't do that because I'm usually clumsy with these types of games but hopefully I will get used to it.
    Forum Member
    What would people think if they had some sort of MMO battle system like in XIV. You still have the freedom to move around but still restricted by timers. It makes it more dynamic and still has some strategy to it.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would people think if they had some sort of MMO battle system like in XIV. You still have the freedom to move around but still restricted by timers. It makes it more dynamic and still has some strategy to it.

I'm not sure about this, while I won't be happy if they get rid of the turn based battle system I'm sure they'll have something in mind. I just hope the summons and magic all works well in whatever they choose.

And like a few have said, if I don't like it I still have the original which I still play now and then anyway. That still holds up today imo.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not to be negative but I am slightly concerned that they will start putting stuff from Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core in. I loved Crisis Core but I don't want them to shove Genesis in.

I'd love a new translation and even some updated dialogue. But I worry they will over complicate an already complicated story.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I found the Compilation made the story of VII easier to understand (not that it's really that hard to follow, certainly not as complicated as FVIII anyway.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I was a kid FF7 was so confusing for me, but I have to admit that FF8 gives me headache even today when they start to talk about time traveling :D

Maybe FF7 isn't as confusing but it is very complex, it does have more layers in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if they put something from other games as I never played them unfortunately but they should leave out Advent Children - that is a full sequel movie, everyone can just watch it again after playing FF7.

I definitely agree that update dialogues would be great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Squall died after the failed assassination attempt and everything after that was a dream.

Because seriously, the whole time travel aspect was just stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind that, I really loved FF8 story as a whole. Your comment reminded me off people who thought Squall died in the end because they haven't watched the balcony scene - I remember people debating about it a lot :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seriously suggesting Squall did die, btw. Just that it would have made more sense than time travel.
    Forum Member
    dellzincht wrote: »
    I still think Squall died after the failed assassination attempt and everything after that was a dream.

Actually that's something that's so great about those Final Fantasies. At a simple glance they're just stories about good vs evil but the more you dig you more your thought change. Like I toy with the idea that it was Cloud that killed Aeris, under Sephiroths control.

I have to laugh when Sephiroths tops polls around the web for been the best villain ever. He literally did nothing for the entire game.

Zeze88 is right. There's so many layers to these games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sephiroth controlled Jenova from the lifestream, he was literally responsible for the entire events of the game post Midgar.
    Forum Member
    Sephiroth controlled Jenova from the lifestream, he was literally responsible for the entire events of the game post Midgar.

But he himself did nothing. He was the puppet master sure, but he didn't do anything physically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when I was a kid FF7 was so confusing for me, but I have to admit that FF8 gives me headache even today when they start to talk about time traveling :D

Maybe FF7 isn't as confusing but it is very complex, it does have more layers in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if they put something from other games as I never played them unfortunately but they should leave out Advent Children - that is a full sequel movie, everyone can just watch it again after playing FF7.

I definitely agree that update dialogues would be great.

Yes I think complex is a good way to describe it, I think they could make positive changes to make certain parts of the story clearer. Perhaps rearrange some of the plot developments.

As an example (spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't played it) I remember when I first played, getting to the crater and finding out Cloud is a clone, but later they decided he was actually a person that Tifa knew. Then you got to the Shinra mansion and get the flash back sequence with Zack and I remember thinking wtf are you then? A person? a puppet? a clone? Granted I was 11 at the time, and found it a bit difficult. If I played it for the first time now I probably wouldn't have a problem, but since that first play through I have never been able to shake the feeling that the presentation of the story makes it more complicated than it actually is.

Lol, 8 is my favourite game and I think the story is really straightforward, time compression makes no sense when you really think about it, but for some reason I have never had an issue. I always liked the whole Squall going to tell Matron about Garden, prompting her to go and found Garden with Cid, and them then knowing Squall had to lead the Seeds against the sorceress, explaining why he ended up Commander for seemingly no reason.

Man, I love talking JRPG plots, it's one of my favourite things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seriously suggesting Squall did die, btw. Just that it would have made more sense than time travel.

Don't worry, I don't think you do - your comment just reminded me of those who were convinced he truly died because they never watched the scene after the credits :D
    Actually that's something that's so great about those Final Fantasies. At a simple glance they're just stories about good vs evil but the more you dig you more your thought change. Like I toy with the idea that it was Cloud that killed Aeris, under Sephiroths control.

I have to laugh when Sephiroths tops polls around the web for been the best villain ever. He literally did nothing for the entire game.

Zeze88 is right. There's so many layers to these games.

Yeah, I agree - they are always toying with you, I was racking my brain for along time with whether Cloud is a clone or not :) I love the fact that it is abut good vs. evil, about love etc...

I didn't feel that with FF12 which is why I never did finish the game - it just bored me most of the times and on top of that I couldn't get used to new battle system but still it is because of the story that I never finished it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Yes I think complex is a good way to describe it, I think they could make positive changes to make certain parts of the story clearer. Perhaps rearrange some of the plot developments.

As an example (spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't played it) I remember when I first played, getting to the crater and finding out Cloud is a clone, but later they decided he was actually a person that Tifa knew. Then you got to the Shinra mansion and get the flash back sequence with Zack and I remember thinking wtf are you then? A person? a puppet? a clone? Granted I was 11 at the time, and found it a bit difficult. If I played it for the first time now I probably wouldn't have a problem, but since that first play through I have never been able to shake the feeling that the presentation of the story makes it more complicated than it actually is.

Lol, 8 is my favourite game and I think the story is really straightforward, time compression makes no sense when you really think about it, but for some reason I have never had an issue. I always liked the whole Squall going to tell Matron about Garden, prompting her to go and found Garden with Cid, and them then knowing Squall had to lead the Seeds against the sorceress, explaining why he ended up Commander for seemingly no reason.

Man, I love talking JRPG plots, it's one of my favourite things.

I felt exactly the same, that example is perfect :D

About FF8, it is my favorite FF game despite everything. Yes, it doesn't make any sense but I embrace it because it is fantasy after all. I mean, that end is basically a loop, things will just keep repeating if Squall told Matron to open school, there is no end...
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, I don't think you do - your comment just reminded me of those who were convinced he truly died because they never watched the scene after the credits :D

Yeah, I agree - they are always toying with you, I was racking my brain for along time with whether Cloud is a clone or not :) I love the fact that it is abut good vs. evil, about love etc...

I didn't feel that with FF12 which is why I never did finish the game - it just bored me most of the times and on top of that I couldn't get used to new battle system but still it is because of the story that I never finished it...

I like 12. I think it's very underrated. I enjoyed the battle system. If you could up the gambits¿ good enough then you didn't have to do much. As the first introduction to non random battles, I thought they did a good job. To be honest, I can't really remember the story but I don't think I had too much of a problem with it. There was one quest in the air city that really grinder my gears. You had to go around shouting and convincing people you were Bash van Ronsenbeeg or something. If I remember nothing else about the game that will stick with me forever.
    Forum Member
    I felt exactly the same, that example is perfect :D

About FF8, it is my favorite FF game despite everything. Yes, it doesn't make any sense but I embrace it because it is fantasy after all. I mean, that end is basically a loop, things will just keep repeating if Squall told Matron to open school, there is no end...

That's time travel in a nutshell. You loop, or else you create a paradox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like 12. I think it's very underrated. I enjoyed the battle system. If you could up the gambits¿ good enough then you didn't have to do much. As the first introduction to non random battles, I thought they did a good job. To be honest, I can't really remember the story but I don't think I had too much of a problem with it. There was one quest in the air city that really grinder my gears. You had to go around shouting and convincing people you were Bash van Ronsenbeeg or something. If I remember nothing else about the game that will stick with me forever.

In that game summons annoyed me the most - maybe I played all wrong but I felt they were useless. But still, story is the most important thing for me, if I liked it enough then I would push through new gameplay and everything but I just didn't. Van actually annoyed me, he looked like a girl :D None of the characters grabbed my attention.

But I love FF13 trilogy for example despite the fact that L'cie, Falcie talk drove me crazy :D. I think everything was done rather nicely now when I look the game as a whole 3 part thing. I really liked Lightning as a character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think 12 was slightly inaccessible because of the language used, they really went for an Olde Worlde way of speaking. It was like watching Shakespeare, which is fine, but it always takes me a while to get accustomed to that type of language and get the flow of the dialogue. It was quite hard work at times.

I actually think the plot is one of the better ones, being manipulated by gods never gets old. The characters were unfortunately lacking in some cases, I mean if we removed Vaan and Penelo, who would have noticed? I think they really wanted Ashe as the main character but didn't dare do it. I would love a remaster of 12.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he himself did nothing. He was the puppet master sure, but he didn't do anything physically.

The Charlie Manson of the videogame world!
    Forum Member
    In that game summons annoyed me the most - maybe I played all wrong but I felt they were useless. But still, story is the most important thing for me, if I liked it enough then I would push through new gameplay and everything but I just didn't. Van actually annoyed me, he looked like a girl :D None of the characters grabbed my attention.

But I love FF13 trilogy for example despite the fact that L'cie, Falcie talk drove me crazy :D. I think everything was done rather nicely now when I look the game as a whole 3 part thing. I really liked Lightning as a character.
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I think 12 was slightly inaccessible because of the language used, they really went for an Olde Worlde way of speaking. It was like watching Shakespeare, which is fine, but it always takes me a while to get accustomed to that type of language and get the flow of the dialogue. It was quite hard work at times.

I actually think the plot is one of the better ones, being manipulated by gods never gets old. The characters were unfortunately lacking in some cases, I mean if we removed Vaan and Penelo, who would have noticed? I think they really wanted Ashe as the main character but didn't dare do it. I would love a remaster of 12.

If I remember rightly, Vaan was a very last minute addition to 12. Balthier was supposed to be the male lead, which would have been a lot better. He even talk about been the main man of the story. I don't remember why they added Vaan tho. He was fairly irrelevant to everything.
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    The Charlie Manson of the videogame world!

Not gonna lie, I had to Google him. Unfair comparison, Sephiroths didn't have a beard. :):)
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a few things

- Quality game graphics
    - Good Voice Casting
    - No more endurance Summoning
    - Materia

I'm pretty much game for anything else. I'm just stoked it's getting a remake.