Options

Random places you have always wanted to visit

SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
Forum Member
✭✭
For some strange reason I have always wanted to go to Iceland. The country not the supermarket:D, I remember seeing it on Wish You Were Here years ago and thinking it looked interesting.

I also really fancy visiting the Isles of Scilly. Don't ask me why, but they look quaint. As does Sark in the Channel Islands.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokyo. Not really random, and I don't really know why I want to go, but I've wanted to for ages...:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always wanted to got to the Isles of Scilly too. Ever since I read the book 'The Wreck Of The Zanzibar' in primary school.
    I've also always wanted to travel around Italy, especially Florence, Venice and Verona.
    Oh, and I've always wanted to go to Jamaica. If I ever go to do there I don't think I would want to go back home.
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mars.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland - so I can sing "Finland, Finland, Finland it's the country for me"!:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietnam, I know a couple of people who,ve been there and they both said it was amazing.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always fancied going to Liverpool for some reason.
    Times Square in New York at New Years Eve
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alta and Finnmark in Norway, Iceland, Finland, Greenland, Antarctica, Siberia, Japan, North Korea...all I can think of at the minute :cool:
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Timbuktu.

When I was a kid, my mother used to say things like "Where've you been, Timbuktu?" if I was back late, or if I came home grubby. I used to think she'd made it up. :)
  • Options
    bigc127bigc127 Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokyo. Not really random, and I don't really know why I want to go, but I've wanted to for ages...:confused:

Go, soak it up, and eat japanese food (of course over there they just call it food)

Its an amazing place, I had a week there and it wasnt enough. Really vast, interesting and intriguing city. You will not regret it
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Japan especially Tokyo
    Sydney, Australia
    Canada
    The USA
    Jersey
    Ireland
    London-Been once but want to go again
    Singapore
    Brazil-Rio
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    I've always wanted to go to Iceland too.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Sark is nice. Been there when i was a kid. Lovely scenery and no cars to spoil it, that said, it's all walkable in about 30 mins tops so there's no need for cars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigc127 wrote: »
    Go, soak it up, and eat japanese food (of course over there they just call it food)

Its an amazing place, I had a week there and it wasnt enough. Really vast, interesting and intriguing city. You will not regret it

Thanks. :) I suppose it's the whole Japan experience, really. I'd love to visit one of those Zen rock garden things. They look very calming! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I've been to LA, I flew. I have always wanted to go to America; the first leg by liner from Southampton to NY, then by train to Chicago, then Seattle, then down the pacific coast to San Francisco/Montorey.
    Just waiting fot the lottery.
  • Options
    boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindisfarne.
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    Sark is nice. Been there when i was a kid. Lovely scenery and no cars to spoil it, that said, it's all walkable in about 30 mins tops so there's no need for cars.

I know and thats what makes it so appealing. It just looks sooo quaint! I feel the same about Scilly Isles too. They were featured in that programme 'An Island Parish'. It just looks so pretty and oldy wordly.

I also forgot to metion Jersey, Guernsey, The Isle of Man and The Norwegian Fjords in my original post.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I'll list my places to travel ..

Italy
    Germany
    Egypt
    Portugal
    Poland
    Czech Republic
    Romania
    Russia - #1
    Iceland
    Nepal
    New Zealand
    Greenland

Erm, quite a few places. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,872
    Forum Member
    LA and orange county
    New york at christmas
    The bahamas
    Hawaii
    Italy
    Lapland
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mongolia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Albaquerque

I have no idea why, I just like the sound of it.

And Alaska. So many men, so little to do.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wanted to goto tieland:D :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rome and Zermatt in Switzerland so I could see the Matterhorn
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want to go to Bruges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Isles of Scilly for me too! I don't know anything about the place. But since researching a bit of family history recently, I discovered a relative of my Mum's was killed just off the coast there in the First World War. So I suppose I want to see it and make a 'connection', I don't know.

Plus, anywhere in Northumberland/North Yorkshire, especially walks along Hadrian's Wall. I love anything historical :)

http://www.hadrians-wall.org/index.aspx
  • Options
    SmeggypantsSmeggypants Posts: 16,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to go everywhere. Sadly due to the sectarian violence in the world that is not possible without endangering your life :(