South Park: Season 14 [UK/US]

Comments

• dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    October?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

lol, it shouldn't be too surprising since they do this every single year!!! That's the format for South Park, each 14 episode season is split into two blocks of 7. The first starts in March, the second begins in October. I'd guess at October 6th or 13th ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    It certainly doesn't say that in my version of Sunday's episode, it just says 'Je ne suis pas Francais'... That's a photoshop job, surely?

Bit late on replying to this - yeah, in our version, it did too - my boyfriend and I got into an argument about it (he said I'd been duped), and sure enough, what American audiences saw of Bart's lines depended on the region in which the episode aired ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South Park season 14 continues next month.

Episode 8 airs in America on 6th October.
    After seeing the Tiger Woods opener, I hope the opener for the second part of the season will be just as good.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 14 continues on October 6th on Comedy Central US / October 8th in the UK (presumably.)

No point in having a new thread, this one's still perfectly relevant!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i heard that SP really got got great again in last few years?

i loved first few seasons but then stopped watching when channel 4 stopped showing it,is it worth getting back into?
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. There are far more good episodes than bad, which is a stark contrast to how the Simpsons turned out as time went on. Maybe it is because South Park doesn't have every episode created around a famous star that wants to feature.

Off topic; the new Futurama is quite good. A lot more crude than before (it was going that way in the last season before it was cancelled I suppose) but has a few good story lines.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Season 14 continues on October 6th on Comedy Central US / October 8th in the UK (presumably.)

Nice one - i was thinking the other day it's got to be close to coming back.

And now in "glorious HD" as well !
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    Yes. There are far more good episodes than bad, which is a stark contrast to how the Simpsons turned out as time went on. Maybe it is because South Park doesn't have every episode created around a famous star that wants to feature.

Off topic; the new Futurama is quite good. A lot more crude than before (it was going that way in the last season before it was cancelled I suppose) but has a few good story lines.

And because they don't have to churn out 22 - 24 episodes in one seasons? And because they're on cable? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »

I'd say the new Futurama is more than just 'quite good'. There have been a couple of bad ones, but the ratio of good to bad seems to be better with new Futurama than it is with any of the other big adult animated comedies right now. I laughed more with 'Prisoner of Benda' than I have at any episode of South Park, Simpsons or Family Guy in years. The latter two especially have gone rather down hill, and some episodes of South Park I just find myself shaking my head at in disappointment. There are still some very good ones, but I've found Futurama to be more consistent since it's return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Oooh, I forgot it was back next month :D
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched "Butters' Bottom Bitch" again last night - priceless. Don't know if anyone knew, but the early morning showings on Comedy Central are completely uncut - F Words and everything.

Do you know what I am saying ? :D
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this same for the simpsons :)
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you know what I am saying ? :D

I know what you are saying.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i heard that SP really got got great again in last few years?

i loved first few seasons but then stopped watching when channel 4 stopped showing it,is it worth getting back into?

definately check out season 13. That to me was the best for a long while
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just a reminder - it all starts again next wednesday in the states, then on friday on comedy central.

definitely won't be downloading this as there's no point - just a 48 hour wait to watch it in HD ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anyone has virgin VOD, i noticed earlier on that they've added season 8 to TV Choice on Demand - in HD !!

It's the complete season as well and features the all time classic episode with "They took ouurrr jobbbbbbss" :)
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thay t'k'r jouubs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Thay t'k'r jouubs!

DERKA DERB
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anyone has virgin VOD, i noticed earlier on that they've added season 8 to TV Choice on Demand - in HD !!

It's the complete season as well and features the all time classic episode with "They took ouurrr jobbbbbbss" :)

They've just stuck some of season 9 on there as well. I loved the baseball game one - Randy's parody of Rocky is brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've just stuck some of season 9 on there as well. I loved the baseball game one - Randy's parody of Rocky is brilliant.

Yeah, i like that one as well - anything with Randy in is fantastic. The record breaking pooh one is up there on my all time top ten episode list.
  • dulldull Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    just a reminder - it all starts again next wednesday in the states, then on friday on comedy central.

definitely won't be downloading this as there's no point - just a 48 hour wait to watch it in HD ..

New episodes are on Sunday now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Seems a strange day for the new ones but no matter i guess.

The VOD episodes are all uncut as well - no swearing bleeped.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I prefer them bleeped, it makes them funnier.

I think bar the odd dodgy episode South Park has gone from strength to strength in the last 5 years. Most shows would have gone down the crapper after 13-14 seasons (see The Simpsons...though that happened after 8 :P) but they managed to stay relevant and keep the laughs genuine.

After seeing some eps from the first few seasons I can't believe I even liked it then, now it's a much much better show. Anyone who hasn't been watching I would say try and pick it up from season 10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does season 14 continue this friday? If so, at what time? The listings show old eps at 10 and 10.30.