Options

Girl who had baby taken by social services now reunited & married

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A terrible story which was discussed a lot on here when it was all in the news, but now has a happy ending.:)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1321167/Joyfully-kissing-beautiful-baby-boy--girl-branded-stupid-wife-mother.html

Comments

• Options
    lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to them.
    This is the first I heard of this and think their treatment was disgusting, although there probably is more to it than what I have just read.
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased for them both, lets hope they now get left in peace.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basically, the baby was removed not due to any abuse, not due to drugs or crime, not due to arguments or fights between the partners, not because of violence, not because of cruelty to animals, not because their house looked as if it hadn't been cleaned for years, not because rats and mice had taken over the kitchen, not because the family ate food that had gone off, not because of loud music at all hours, not because of complaints by neighbours about the behaviour of the couple, not because of dangerous dogs, tigers or lions, but because its mother struggled at school. Unbelievable.
    You don't have to be intelligent to be caring or to be a good parent. Some intelligent people are nasty, selfish and uncaring. They use their money to pass their children to somebody else. Some thick people always put their children's needs first, are very caring, and don't get involved in crime. There are intelligent and thick good parents and there are intelligent and thick bad parents. Fife isn't alone in not realising this.

I was reading my local newspaper earlier this week. In this article, the council confessed to not knowing what good enough parenting is. How can social workers protect children if they don't have a basic understanding of good enough parenting?

The article also tells us what the local safeguarding children's board does. It basically compiles and discusses statistics, and organises training. That must be very reassuring to children who are being sexually or physically abused regularly.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    Well it's nice to hear a happy story for a change, I wish them the best of luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    wns_195 wrote: »
    So basically, the baby was removed not due to any abuse, not due to drugs or crime, not due to arguments or fights between the partners, not because of violence, not because of cruelty to animals, not because their house looked as if it hadn't been cleaned for years, not because rats and mice had taken over the kitchen, not because the family ate food that had gone off, not because of loud music at all hours, not because of complaints by neighbours about the behaviour of the couple, not because of dangerous dogs, tigers or lions, but because its mother struggled at school. Unbelievable.
    You don't have to be intelligent to be caring or to be a good parent. Some intelligent people are nasty, selfish and uncaring. They use their money to pass their children to somebody else. Some thick people always put their children's needs first, are very caring, and don't get involved in crime. There are intelligent and thick good parents and there are intelligent and thick bad parents. Fife isn't alone in not realising this.

I was reading my local newspaper earlier this week. In this article, the council confessed to not knowing what good enough parenting is. How can social workers protect children if they don't have a basic understanding of good enough parenting?
    Being bright doesn't

The article also tells us what the local safeguarding children's board does. It basically compiles and discusses statistics, and organises training. That must be very reassuring to children who are being sexually or physically abused regularly.

What an excellent post!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we are being told the whole story here.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it strange that in todays society you can kill a baby, or stab someone in the eye with a stiletto and walk out of court a free person, but if you are not that bright or smart you can have your kids taken from you by the Gestapo.

Anyway it's good news nevertheless for her and her family.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad it's ended well for them. Makes me sick it ever had to happen to them in the first place. I agree with a lot of what has been said here already. What kind of world do we live in where someone's rights and children and be taken away from them because someone decides that they are too unintelligent, yet people who commit awful offences towards others get away lightly. It's all just wrong. It sounds like they are a lot better than some families, but clearly someone thought they'd be an easy target. :mad: No wonder people have so little faith in people like the social services.
  • Options
    MuffinzMuffinz Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I find it strange that in todays society you can kill a baby, or stab someone in the eye with a stiletto and walk out of court a free person, but if you are not that bright or smart you can have your kids taken from you by the Gestapo.

Exactly, and what makes it worse is the liberal mafia who support that shit, it beggars belief
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading about Kerry, so glad there's a happy ending to this:)
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the daily mail.

Surely it must be complete bollox.

My guess is she's as miserable as sin.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My experince is that if you "cross" social services they will use all thier power to make you life a living hell. You MUST obey, you MUST agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent post and very, very true.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »

It proves that those in charge are not in touch with reality. Those high up may have the intelligence to hold the positions they are in, but don't have the knowledge about how the affects of these inadequate sentences impact on the wider society.

We certainly are an odd society in some aspects.
  • Options
    eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this story and I am happy that after all their struggles this young family have been re-united.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Good news, but it's a shame she's missed out on some of her child's life.
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember thinking at the time of the story that we weren't, and I still feel this way tbh.
  • Options
    FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. The whole story is not in included in this account.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was odd when I saw this story today, I had been thinking about it last week and wondering what had happened. The story makes your blood run cold.

I'm so pleased that, in the end, she was deemed intelligent enough to get married, and that now they have their gorgeous little boy back.

I really wish the 3 of them all the best, and hope that they continue to prove the social workers wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now roll on a few years and the Daily Mail will be moaning about the parents when the lad is out of control. The DM is so fickle.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great post.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first read the thread title, I was :eek:

It looked like she had been reunited with, and married, her own son.