Ball boy assault or feigning injury? - League Cup

Comments

• ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    That's what I thought but the wife quickly pointed out that he'd simply kicked the ball from under him .

Why was he lying on the ball for so long ?

Was it really a boy , looked like a bloke to me .

The kid's 17 by the looks of his Twitter account, so only 4 years difference between him and Hazard. Hardly "man assaults child."
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Having seen the ball boys twitter I'd have the red card overturned.

Just because a kid is behaving like a prick doesn't mean you can just kick them.

I'd probably have him sacked but it looks like it was his last match anyway.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A year ban at least. He will also be a very lucky boy if he doesn`t see the inside of a court.

You simply cannot assault children and be seen to get away with it.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Having seen the ball boys twitter I'd have the red card overturned.

It certainly adds a news twist but you still can't have players kicking ball boys whatever the provocation.

That smug kid is going to be all over the papers tomorrow and probably a hero at school.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I think Hazard is looking at a lengthy ban, the more i watch it the worse it looks and he didn't help matters by standing on the pitch grinning while the kid was being attended to.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    It certainly adds a news twist but you still can't have players kicking ball boys whatever the provocation.

Exactly. The fan in the Cantona case was taunting him, but he still got an 8 month ban. Hazard will be lucky to get too much less. He should be gone for the rest of the season.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS Disclaimer: it was absolutely not ok in any way for an adult to kick a child in the ribs.

Now .. firstly, it looked as if the child actually fell on the ball. Whether or not he then deliberately laid on the ball to waste time is probably going to come down to whichever side your club loyalties are ..

(Again, see disclaimer ..)

Secondly .. it looks more like he tried to kick the ball out from underneath the child rather than actually kick him in the ribs.

It reminds me of the Alan Shearer incident from many years ago when he appeared to kick the crap out of a Leicester City player who was prone on the floor and was subsequently cleared of any wrongdoing after his explanation that he was also trying to kick the ball away was accepted.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Dub2 wrote: »
    A year ban at least. He will also be a very lucky boy if he doesn`t see the inside of a court.

You simply cannot assault children and be seen to get away with it.

You cannot be serious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hazard situation happened because the ref failed to deal with Swansea's timewasting beforehand - that said booting the ball boy (if that's what he actually did) is clearly not on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Transfer News: Liverpool to sign the Swansea ball boy as a partner for Suarez.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the ballboy is not a "boy"

he has been drinking on the way to the chelsea away game!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Only a footballer can get away with assaulting a kid

Shame on Alan Smith for trying to playdown the incident claiming he kicked the ball which hurt the boy

Which one got away with it?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    I think Hazard is looking at a lengthy ban, the more i watch it the worse it looks and he didn't help matters by standing on the pitch grinning while the kid was being attended to.

Being attended to? You make it sound like he was knocked out or something. He milked it to the max. Even gesturing to the ref as it to say "Send him off!!!" before rolling back on his stomach. He was milking it. If that had happened in the street he would have got straight back up and probably hit the Chelsea player.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Replay shows he clearly kicked the ball boy, not the ball, how can this be defended, seriously??
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea FC on Twitter: "Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it."
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    John Solako is still defending Hazard, apparently it'd be worse if Hazrad had clipped his ear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Aye that's the one, compete idiot if you ask me how he can sit there and defend it

That's the guy on sports news? He needs to be told to commentate you have to give a balanced view. That's all he did was moan about Chelsea.:mad:
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazard really hasn't assaulted a child. At most he's had the mildest petulant dig at someone a few years younger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    Just because a kid is behaving like a prick doesn't mean you can just kick them.

I'd probably have him sacked but it looks like it was his last match anyway.

From that new angle he simply kicked the ball out from under him . If he's 17 years old he should know better , the lad should get sacked or banned .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    What a putrid game football has become when even the ball boys set out to cheat and waste time.

The game is rotten from top to bottom. Through to its very core.

Alan Smith was the voice of reason tonight. Good on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glen Hoddle: "These things happen in football" :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Replay shows he clearly kicked the ball boy, not the ball, how can this be defended, seriously??

Not from the long distance shot .
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Chelsea FC on Twitter: "Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it."

That's poor PR, at best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looked like the ballboy zipped the ball up into his jacket
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same would have happened at any other ground in the country.

If you have a been a ballboy for the club you support you occassionally do things like that.